Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 18, 2014

The stand-alone prelude to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, giving players a taste of the new open-world gameplay mechanics while setting up the main game's story, as Snake (Big Boss) must infiltrate a prison camp to rescue his comrades.

Which version 360 or PS3?

• 76 results
    Nikzilla90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Nikzilla90

@rebgav said:

@Nikzilla90: What developer has ever said our demo looks great but obviously the final version will be much uglier due to hardware constraints?

@Demoskinos said:

@Nikzilla90 said:

@rebgav said:

@Nikzilla90 said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Sooty said:

@Demoskinos said:

Obviously not any current hardware.

wouldn't say obviously, it doesn't look that good, it's no Star Wars 1313.

Ain't no way the 360 or PS3 can handle some of those lighting effects. If they can make that shit look that good on 360 I'll more than gladly eat my words but I think the potential of the hardware is about tapped.

Please read my post above this one (2 posts above; with the timestamp quotes).

Don't you think that you might look a little silly if the game comes out and looks like dogshit compared to the reveal footage? Or if the game is reintroduced in next-gen platform announcements as being developed for (let's say) PS4 as the lead platform? People are jumping to a lot of different conclusions about this game but your commitment to believing whatever Kojima is peddling right now might be just as silly as assuming the game is a next-gen exclusive.

Uhh... Kojima himself said it would look like this on PS3 and X360. What the actual fuck makes you [or anyone else] think you know better? No one here even makes games in the first place - at best they count lines on screenshots.

He didn't say it would "look like this" he said it would be on these platforms. Also, nobody can very well talk about consoles that haven't been announced. "Officially" Durango and Orbis don't exist. We know they do but developers can't say shit about them yet.

How is this not crystal clear people? Read everything please.

Geoff question: And this is current-gen systems, but whatever we saw I'm sure people online will be saying "Oh, is that, you know, another system?" But no, that's what you think it will like on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3?

Kojima answer [translation 1]: So this is exactly what it should look like. It's running on PC hardware that is roughly the same spec as PS3 and Xbox 360 so it will look like that.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By musubi

@Nikzilla90 said:

@rebgav said:

@Nikzilla90: What developer has ever said our demo looks great but obviously the final version will be much uglier due to hardware constraints?

@Demoskinos said:

@Nikzilla90 said:

@rebgav said:

@Nikzilla90 said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Sooty said:

@Demoskinos said:

Ain't no way the 360 or PS3 can handle some of those lighting effects. If they can make that shit look that good on 360 I'll more than gladly eat my words but I think the potential of the hardware is about tapped.

Don't you think that you might look a little silly if the game comes out and looks like dogshit compared to the reveal footage? Or if the game is reintroduced in next-gen platform announcements as being developed for (let's say) PS4 as the lead platform? People are jumping to a lot of different conclusions about this game but your commitment to believing whatever Kojima is peddling right now might be just as silly as assuming the game is a next-gen exclusive.

Uhh... Kojima himself said it would look like this on PS3 and X360. What the actual fuck makes you [or anyone else] think you know better? No one here even makes games in the first place - at best they count lines on screenshots.

He didn't say it would "look like this" he said it would be on these platforms. Also, nobody can very well talk about consoles that haven't been announced. "Officially" Durango and Orbis don't exist. We know they do but developers can't say shit about them yet.

Geoff question: And this is current-gen systems, but whatever we saw I'm sure people online will be saying "Oh, is that, you know, another system?" But no, that's what you think it will like on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3?

Kojima answer [translation 1]: So this is exactly what it should look like. It's running on PC hardware that is roughly the same spec as PS3 and Xbox 360 so it will look like that.

@Nikzilla90 said:

@rebgav said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Nikzilla90 said:

@rebgav said:

@Nikzilla90 said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Sooty said:

@Demoskinos said:

Key word is "should"

Nikzilla90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Nikzilla90

@Demoskinos said:

@Nikzilla90 said:

@rebgav said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Nikzilla90 said:

@rebgav said:

@Nikzilla90 said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Sooty said:

@Demoskinos said:

Key word is "should"

He also said "will" too. ;) Don't be cheeky.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By musubi

@Nikzilla90: Dude, you have to realize these people are PR trained to skirt around questions like this. If you take the literal word for word meaning of what he said he doesn't actually 100% commit to anything.

Nikzilla90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Nikzilla90

@Demoskinos said:

@Nikzilla90: Dude, you have to realize these people are PR trained to skirt around questions like this. If you take the literal word for word meaning of what he said he doesn't actually 100% commit to anything.

If that's not commitment after commitment, then there are going to be some very angry wives in the world once you tell them the bad news. :P

FYI: You sound like a conspiracy theorist when facts are staring you in the face. Don't know what else anyone can say, but until proven otherwise, this is only releasing on PS3 and X360. I know it's hard to believe...

@Nikzilla90: Kojima didn't spend over 4 years (since MGS4:GotP released) making the FOX engine compatible for current-gen specs for nothing and optimization tech gets better every year.

Kojima answer [translation 3]: For example, you can see that one scene where the guy is adjusting the mirror you can see some of the polygons there, things like that that will be smoothed out if we had better hardware as well.

Kojima answer [translation 4]: So we can use tessellation to smooth things like that out. If we use stronger hardware.

[above] Kojima even gives an example as to how this is current-gen and not next-gen - aside from literally saying [below]:

Kojima answer [translation 3]: So this will run on current-gen hardware, this is not a next-gen game - I just want to make that clear.

I'm embarrassed to say that it doesn't sound like you read my post that answered all the questions in this thread.

Servantey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By Servantey

if I had a better PC I would get the PC version if their is one, but I'll probably go with the PS3 version.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Vextroid

PC

Failing that PS3.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By Hizang

PS1.

jd18b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jd18b

I've always played on PS but if it came out for PC I'd switch to that.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Whatever console I own at the time.

Avatar image for girlsgeneration
    GirlsGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GirlsGeneration

PS3 all the way

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By 49th

PS3. Even if it comes out on PC I would rather play on PS3 since it just feels like it belongs there.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#63  Edited By sjschmidt93

I can't imagine playing MGS with a Xbox controller... so the PS3 of course.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#64  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@jd18b said:

I'm pretty sure it was said (or maybe leaked) that what they showed was running on a PC. So...yeah. That'll be the one to get, because I highly doubt the console versions will look that good.

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By falconpunch

@handlas said:

Wii U

Nikzilla90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Nikzilla90

@MooseyMcMan said:

@jd18b said:

I'm pretty sure it was said (or maybe leaked) that what they showed was running on a PC. So...yeah. That'll be the one to get, because I highly doubt the console versions will look that good.

Look back on page 3 for my post with the header:

ALL READ: ABOUT PC AND NEXT-GEN

SortedeVaras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SortedeVaras

I made the mistake of picking up the HD combo pack of MGS 2 and 3 on Xbox 360, the controls just never felt right and just did not translate to Xbox's more shooter themed controller. Never gonna do that to myself again so PS3 all the way on this.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By xpgamer7

With no indications I'd have to imagine this would be a Sony thing so they can fully use the tech. Games made for cross platform aren't PS3's strong suit, while the 360 is great for them. But it's still waaayyy too early to make any reasonably justifiable statements on either end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like trophies, so PS3.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

The Ouya obviously.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By emem
    @Krakn3Dfx said:

The Ouya obviously.

Ounah!
    ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ImaTreee

PS3

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#73  Edited By Zleunamme

That thing that does stuff. You know, that dohickey thingamajig.

iGooner7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By iGooner7

Hold on, did Kojima even confirm that this game will be on Xbox360?

Answer to the question: Definitely on PS3! its a PS Franchise so I prefer playing it on the PS3

even though im on my 360 more but the reason I have a ps3 is no doubt for MGS

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By BBQBram

Well I picked up HD Collection for the 360 because I somewhat care about achievements, but I did have a minor complaint about the gameplay, as they had to compensate for the lack of analog face buttons. Still, I played Twin Snakes so I was used to those compromises.

My thought, however, is since this will be built from the ground up for both consoles (design wise, as they might still end up porting one version to the other), I hope theý'll be keeping that in mind and not just designing for the PS3 controller. Then it'll just come down to performance, load times, etc.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By xyzygy

360 cuz achievements. I can see no reason why it would be gimped because they have experience working with it now, and Fox Engine was running on a PC - the 360 is much closer to a PC than the PS3 is.

If it is majorly gimped though, then I suppose I'll be getting the PS3 version. I just always buy multiplats on 360 for achievements.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.