FPS, Resolutions and graphic comparison of each version.

• 59 results
#51 Posted by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

There's hardly a difference between any of those shots. Seems like it's mainly just fanboy BS to cause so much fuss on other sites. If someone really cared about power/resolution THAT much they would make their own PC and mainly play on it.

As someone who owns a high end PC and all three next gen consoles, I can tell you that this argument is bullshit. Just because the PC has the potential to be far higher resolution doesn't mean that people should stop caring about it in the console space. Especially when there are a ton of games that are exclusive to the consoles, which as far as we know, this game is.

#52 Posted by mikey87144 (1776 posts) -

I keep seeing people say they're impressed with the PS3 version. It does look nice but remember that is a captured screen shot. The game will look a lot better on PS4 moving at 60fps compared to it's 30fps cousin.

#53 Posted by afrofools (1348 posts) -

After playing Peace Walker the polygons on ps3/360 will be amazing. I expect the draw distance to be much better on the next generation, or at-least hope so. Rather than make everything sharp as possible just make sure everything can be seen.

#54 Posted by Deathstriker (318 posts) -

@deathstriker said:

There's hardly a difference between any of those shots. Seems like it's mainly just fanboy BS to cause so much fuss on other sites. If someone really cared about power/resolution THAT much they would make their own PC and mainly play on it.

As someone who owns a high end PC and all three next gen consoles, I can tell you that this argument is bullshit. Just because the PC has the potential to be far higher resolution doesn't mean that people should stop caring about it in the console space. Especially when there are a ton of games that are exclusive to the consoles, which as far as we know, this game is.

Well, saying there's 3 next-gen consoles might be a stretch to some people lol, but that mostly applies to me too. I was talking about the people acting like framerate and resolution is all that matters. If those two things are such big deals then those gamers should go to PC where they can surpass 60 frames and 1080p. However, it's not about the games, it's really about "representing your team" aka the top 100 company that doesn't give a crap about you. Resolution isn't worth talking about, which is probably why they barely bring it up on the podcast.

#55 Edited by Andorski (5311 posts) -

I like how they purposefully did not take matching screenshots between the PS4 and Xbox One. Guess they wanted to dodge that system wars debate.

#56 Edited by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

@tourgen said:

sand, dirt, canvas, ... who cares? It's the kind of game that's going to look brown and uninteresting no matter what tech you throw at it.

This is the truest comment on here.

Looking at these, if the old-gen versions go the route of Ground Zeroes and are cheaper I will probably just go old-gen. It's not like MGS is some fast paced action-combat game that requires as many frames per second as possible (besides revengence that is).

#57 Edited by Deathstriker (318 posts) -

@deathstriker: Quit with this. "Well if people cared about graphics they would play on PC" is consistently the dumbest comment I see when console comparisons come up.

Just because some people play mainly on consoles doesn't preclude them from wanting the best version of a thing on console because when it comes down to it some people just prefer consoles. And this is a game that isn't even coming to PC further making brining up PC pointless.

I'm mainly a console gamer myself, but all this resolution-gate BS seems more about fanboyism and having an e-penis than anything else. I was talking about that in general... Tomb Raider and Thief are PC too, which means that's the best version of the game if you build the right PC, which could be as cheap as $1,100. If resolution and frames are so important then go play 8k and 120 frames or whatever on there with a controller, but like I said in my other post, it's not really about the games. Looking at MGR and past MGS games, this one will probably go PC sooner or later.

#58 Edited by Strife777 (1583 posts) -

I think that resolution and framerate aside, the last-gen versions look pretty damn good. It's a fine looking game in general. I think the current-gen ones are probably held back a little bit.

I'm expecting a bigger difference between Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, considering the longer development time will give them a bit more expertise.

#59 Edited by development (2354 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

Xbox one version looks like a god damn n64 game.

I have to respect them for going so old-school with the graphics. It's very ambitious. I just don't know how well it will pan out for them.

#60 Edited by Chaser324 (6556 posts) -

Just a quick mod note to ask that you all please take care to put threads in the correct forum. With the current state of wiki search, we can't properly move threads to different wiki forums.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.