Fulton recovery returns!

#1 Edited by BoOzak (907 posts) -

By far my favourite part of Peace Walker the Fulton recovery system will now allow the extraction of animals, vehicles and anti-aircraft guns which would supposedly be added to Mother Base which will now be fully explorable.

Personally I was slightly let down by Ground Zeroes but hearing about the base building stuff and the return of things like the cardboard box and Fulton recovery gives me hope that the Phantom Pain will still have that MGS flavour that was somewhat absent in Ground Zeroes.

#2 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11626 posts) -

Finally I can continue my terrible habit of shooting everyone in the head with a tranquilizer pistol before attaching balloons to them and press-ganging them into my army of mercenaries!

#3 Edited by Yummylee (21506 posts) -

Also, your horse will shit when necessary. Yup, this is sounding like an MGS game all right. Especially excited that Phantom Pain will incorporate all of the base building/customisation stuff from Peace Walker, as it was basically the only good part about that whole game. So, having all that alongside what is undoubtedly much superior gameplay, and I think we're onto a winner.

#4 Posted by Chaser324 (6427 posts) -

If this game manages to just be a bigger and better Peace Walker, I will be totally down with that. I disliked a lot of the concessions Peace Walker made to be more handheld and co-op friendly, simply removing those design considerations from the equation should make for a better end product.

#5 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10910 posts) -

I'm so excited for this game. I was kinda bummed at first at Fulton returning, because it's so goofy. I feel like I may be the only one, but I really liked how "realistic" (never mind normal video game stuff like being shot hella times) Ground Zeroes was...but then I saw that picture with the sheep, and now I'm 100% back on board.

#6 Edited by EXTomar (4687 posts) -

I was thinking the same thing as Chaser324. If this is just a fancier console version of Peace Walker than that would be awesome!

#7 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

Fantastic. Hopefully Miller still gets pissed off when you go over the limit.

#8 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1028 posts) -
@yummylee said:

Also, your horse will shit when necessary.

Good, i liked what i saw in Ground Zeroes, but i was a little worried that they where going a little to far with the serious dark tone. Because what makes a Metal Gear game for me is that balance of goofy and serious moments that they have, so all this crazy unnecessary stuff like a horse having to poop, kidnapping people, stealing cars and AA guns with a balloon for my private army is what i was looking for.

#9 Edited by pyrodactyl (1975 posts) -

People hoping for tonal consistency will be DISAPOINTED.

#10 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10910 posts) -

I dunno, Big Boss was clearly losing his mind in the E3 trailer this year, that seems consistent with capturing sheep via balloons.

#11 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3801 posts) -

@pyrodactyl said:

I dunno, Big Boss was clearly losing his mind in the E3 trailer this year, that seems consistent with capturing sheep via balloons.

Also, who cares? The series has been like this before. There has always been silly crap alongside serious moments.

#12 Edited by CorruptedEvil (2614 posts) -

I hope there's some radio calls from Kaz saying "THERE'S TOO MANY FUCKING SHEEP." Still super hype for this game.

#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10910 posts) -

I hope there's some radio calls from Kaz saying "THERE'S TOO MANY FUCKING SHEEP." Still super hype for this game.

From what I was reading, it sounds like Ocelot does some of the radio stuff, at least early game, so we can look forward to Troy Baker complaining about too many sheep too.

#14 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

"We are Diamond Goats."

#15 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -
@artelinarose said:

"We are Diamond Goats."

chevres sans frontieres

#16 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Like a 50k $ Fulton pick-up for some random sheep, this just makes too much sense to me. No really. I mean it.

#17 Posted by probablytuna (3614 posts) -

That's great, I really disliked having to call down the helicopter everytime I extracted someone, took up way too much time.

#18 Posted by BoOzak (907 posts) -

Here's some gameplay of it in action.

Seems pretty awesome! I love how you can do it to people you interrogate. If I remember correctly Peace Walker just had hostages slump to the ground with their hands behind their head, far less dramatic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.