Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Metal Gear Solid V Extended Trailer

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darji

here is the 9 minute trailer^^

Also Ps4 and Xbox One confirmed at the end so there you have it^^

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kid gloves are off it seems.

Definitely looks to be intense.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FilipHolm

Metal Gear!?

EDIT: Seriously though, this looks absolutely incredible. What a way to open E3 2013, too.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Amazing.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh how I love you, Metal Gear.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

What the shit?!... Never would have expected something quite that gruesome from an MGS game. Anywhoo this game continues to look incredible. Kinda strange how Big Boss has aged a lot more gracefully than Ocelot, though. Especially since I've long assumed that Big Boss is older. Also, even more Troy Baker...fffffffffffffffffff-

WinningLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WinningLoser

Yeah the new Ocelot is taking me a while to get use to, I really liked his clean look from MGS3.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit... I love the Metal Gear franchise and this looks like it is going to be the best yet.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer

@yummylee: Really? Ocelot looks younger than Big Boss to me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and OHMYGOD I WANT IT I WANT IT

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

What the shit?!... Never would have expected something quite that gruesome from an MGS game. Anywhoo this game continues to look incredible. Kinda strange how Big Boss has aged a lot more gracefully than Ocelot, though. Especially since I've long assumed that Big Boss is older. Also, even more Troy Baker...fffffffffffffffffff-

Gonna have to be a new 'Bakers' (working title) category in the game of the year stuff because holy fucking shit that guy is in everything.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@yummylee said:

Is it because of Ocelot's platinum blond ? Ocelot definitely looks older than Big Boss in MGS V.

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kojima you genius bastard, it looks amazing.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@benny said:

@yummylee said:

Gonna have to be a new 'Bakers' (working title) category in the game of the year stuff because holy fucking shit that guy is in everything.

Seriously.

Just think of the E3 trailers alone. There was inFAMOUS: Second Son, Titanfall, MGSV, Batman: Arkham Origins... Comon, video games; Troy Baker's a talented voice actor ect., but he's not the only one. Even Nolan North wasn't this prominent during his heyday.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Jeepers, was that really a bomb they pulled out of that kid's guts?

I'm excited! Little upset that Ocelot doesn't sound as western-y as he used to, but it is like 20 years before MGS1, so I'll let the different voice actor slide, even if the level of Troy Baker is starting to get ridiculous (not that I'm complaining, he's earned his time in the spotlight).

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeepers, was that really a bomb they pulled out of that kid's guts?

I'm excited! Little upset that Ocelot doesn't sound as western-y as he used to, but it is like 20 years before MGS1, so I'll let the different voice actor slide, even if the level of Troy Baker is starting to get ridiculous (not that I'm complaining, he's earned his time in the spotlight).

I think this was a packet of diamonds.

But man this trailer. There it is best game of E3.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@darji: I thought it was blinking like a bomb, but either way, that's nuts. It did have a peace sign on it, which to me, would be more appropriate on a bomb.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: I thought it was blinking like a bomb, but either way, that's nuts. It did have a peace sign on it, which to me, would be more appropriate on a bomb.

Oh didn't see the blinking. Yeah seems like a bomb then. my bad.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what im back in,

Danbuca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep calm and trust Hideo!

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: Think the blinking was a beacon used for them to locate and retrieve it. Could be a bomb though. Would definitely make it a lot more fucked up.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can't get excited for this Metal Gear, then you will never be excited for any Metal Gear.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving the music.

Avatar image for commander_crichton
    Commander_Crichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, so that's what Kojima meant when he said that the game would be covering some taboo topics. I'll most likely get this for the pc (which is weird, cause the last mgs game I played on pc was that crappy port of mgs2) but I can't help but wonder what the hell those 360 and PS3 versions are gonna look like.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@yummylee said:
    @benny said:

@yummylee said:

Seriously.

Just think of the E3 trailers alone. There was inFAMOUS: Second Son, Titanfall, MGSV, Batman: Arkham Origins... Comon, video games; Troy Baker's a talented voice actor ect., but he's not the only one. Even Nolan North wasn't this prominent during his heyday.

Still, he's showing a bigger range of roles than North did. North was typecast as Drake, which made his roles as the Penguin or Seymour in Ratchet and Clank big surprises, while Booker, the guy from inFAMOUS, Ocelot and Joel are distinctly different characters.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll most likely get this for the pc (which is weird, cause the last mgs game I played on pc was that crappy port of mgs2) but I can't help but wonder what the hell those 360 and PS3 versions are gonna look like.

You're gonna get it on PC? It's gonna be out on PC?

360 and PS3 versions? What?

Avatar image for commander_crichton
    Commander_Crichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@commander_crichton said:

I'll most likely get this for the pc (which is weird, cause the last mgs game I played on pc was that crappy port of mgs2) but I can't help but wonder what the hell those 360 and PS3 versions are gonna look like.

There are 360 and ps3 logos at the end of the trailer. And I thought that they had confirmed it for pc but I guess I was wrong.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JouselDelka

@jouseldelka said:

@commander_crichton said:

There are 360 and ps3 logos at the end of the trailer. And I thought that they had confirmed it for pc but I guess I was wrong.

Oh, ok I gotcha. I didn't mean to sound rude but your post killed my brain! Sucks about not having a PC version, but I'm personally not too bothered cause I never played an MGS game and wouldn't understand the story of 5 on the PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.