Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

MGScanlon V - Part 6 - Last cutscene, possible to miss? [Possible Spoilers]

spiketail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spiketail

Only up to completing Mission 19, but have worked on a lot of free roaming the maps and completing Side Ops like crazy.

I presume the area for that cutscene is only available after you complete the Side Op that rescues the 1st former MB Soldier. I do not remember any mention or suggestion to return to MB and go visit the Medical platform. Was there something I missed or is it something that has to be explored for, potentially leaving it as completely overlookable?

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To my knowledge there is zero indication to go there. I only found it because people here on the forums were posting threads about exploring the medical platform. It's a super weird thing.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By probablytuna

What I wanna know is if the red doors on other platforms will open as the game progresses or is the medical one the only door that has this secret content.

tineyoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Puchiko

After re-watching that cutscene in this series, there is a hidden spoiler for the rest of the game that i'm surprised Drew didn't comment on since he pointed it out in the very first ep...

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@puchiko: So after you rewatched it and have completed the game you noticed this and you are surprised Drew didnt notice straight away when he was semifocused and chatting with Dan on his first playthrough at the end of an episode? :)

Especially since Drew said he was gonna stop talking about that but keep it in mind.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Puchiko

@rethla said:

@puchiko: So after you rewatched it and have completed the game you noticed this and you are surprised Drew didnt notice straight away when he was semifocused and chatting with Dan on his first playthrough at the end of an episode? :)

Especially since Drew said he was gonna stop talking about that but keep it in mind.

I think since Dan was distracting him, he would have noticed it, but yeah he probably didn't want to say anymore on it. I was surprised to see it myself since I never noticed it until then. Listening to the song from the first Phantom Pain trailer, the lyrics to the song completely spoil the game, so I think Kojima was trolling us with that trailer.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's is completely optional. I have seen some people saying they've never come across it.

Spoilers: But it's not a bad thing, because the Paz side-story amounts to nothing in the end.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Hey, a hallucination. Pity they only trigger in this exact instance even though your doctor implied you'd have loads of them."

Replaying this game is definitely giving me a Usual Suspects vibe. To the point where I kinda want to reinstall Ground Zeroes to scrutinise the ending.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: Braindoctors are guessing at best.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like this side bit. My problem with it is that it really isn't going to work if you only catch the first cutscene, so Dan and Jason need to let Drew to check back there whenever he gets another of those pictures. The game did explain that, but it was a brief piece of dialogue, and something I totally didn't hear when I played it. Anyway, it'll be a shame if Drew only sees that first bit and doesn't get the full thing.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rethla

@hatking: I mean Drew most likely wont do the side ops to get more pictures if Dan doesnt force him. He aint aware that the first mission awarded a picture and he missed the buttonpromt to hand said picture to Paz. If Drew is gonna play this game his way there wont be any Paz in it.

edit: He also skipped that whole part from Peacewalker so he got no attachement whatsoever to whats happening in that room.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By mike

Unless I read something on the forums in the first days of the game's release that said, "Make sure you explore the medical platform thoroughly, there is a HUGE surprise there! ;) ;0" then I may have never found that room myself. I never ran across anything in the rest of the game that directed me to go there, or mentioned anything about it.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: Ahem. They prefer to be called brain surgeons.

Also, if something's pressing on your optic nerve... and you have only one working eye, you are in a spot of bother. Also, there was a point in this game where I'd have mementos and couldn't hand them off.

Is time of day a factor? I'm also noticing more doors on other platforms. Like Intel and there's on on the Command Platform that I assume led to Code Talker. I couldn't open either.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rethla

@shindig: You cant get to Code Talker. The mementos you can hand off one at a time each visit to mother base, sometimes Paz greet you with some dialog and a set of animations and you have to wait a while before the buttonpromt show up (Like the first time and what happened to Drew).

I suspect the other doors where intended to do something but someone cut Kojimas founding for additional crazyness on MB.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Yeah it was a bit annoying those other doors that had the red lights could never open, even if they went to some generic room with just some soldiers in it eating or playing cards, would be cool. I just found the stuff on the medical platform because I just like exploring every nook and cranny in a game anyway.

mbdoeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A good friend of mine found it naturally, took him forever though. He bought the game launch day and he found it last week.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would never have even looked for it if i didn't see a thread on this site. I feel like they are doing the series wrong IMO, drew should get the same hints that i'm sure everyone else did. The other games i get the whole idea of drew experiencing it like everyone at the time did, but this game just came out and I highly doubt anybody found Paz or other easter eggs at random. I haven't watched 7, but drew should at least be doing side missions on his own time, if he was playing on his own he probably would have acclimated to doing them on his own .

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Those doors with red lights are used in the FOB online as the exit points, so nothing to do with them at mother base.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would never have even looked for it if i didn't see a thread on this site. I feel like they are doing the series wrong IMO, drew should get the same hints that i'm sure everyone else did. The other games i get the whole idea of drew experiencing it like everyone at the time did, but this game just came out and I highly doubt anybody found Paz or other easter eggs at random. I haven't watched 7, but drew should at least be doing side missions on his own time, if he was playing on his own he probably would have acclimated to doing them on his own .

Well he has said he never does any sideobjectives in any game so i highly doubt that. He want a clear path and to follow that rigorously, preferably a checklist or a flowchart.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:
    @oursin_360 said:

Well he has said he never does any sideobjectives in any game so i highly doubt that. He want a clear path and to follow that rigorously, preferably a checklist or a flowchart.

There isn't a doubt though you have to do them, shit even half of the main story in part 2 are side quests lol. If you want to trigger cutscenes and move the story you have to do them, unless he literally re does the same main missions over and over(not sure that would even work). He also needs to at at least play every yellow tape to push the story as well. The series will hit a wall if the keep going how they are going there is no need to not provide hints as to what to do next or how many side missions to do etc. He'll really hate having to do 10 side quests in a row just to unlock a new main quest, better to do some now.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

I came on the place totally by accident (which is weird in itself because I didn't explore Mother Base too much) and after I'd rescued 4 or 5 soldiers.

The hints it drops reinforced what I'd figured would be the game's reveal but they weren't OTT.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: In a situation like that he probably would shelf the game, in MGScanlon with Dan directly telling him what he has to do he might make it through.

Doing anything off camera sounds like generally a bad idea to me but if Drew for some reason thinks its bad entertainment to do sidemissions on MGScanlon then go ahead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.