Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

MGSV - Game Launch Bug

polygon-al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey guys,
    I tried to find this online to no avail and the steam forums for the game are a complete mess.

I had played about 40 hours of MGSV but stepped away from it for a while. Went to jump back into it today and when I click Play in Steam, it comes up saying Running like any other Steam game but then it quickly stops and the game doesn't load. It doesn't seem to appear in task manager either.

The suggestions that I had found online were as follows:
    - Ran the .exe in SteamApps folder. - Done this and it didn't work. Tried running with Admin, and in Compatibility mode. Nothing

- Re-installed vsredist_x64.exe - Also done. Nothing changed.

- Turned off Beta participation on Steam - Nothing.

- Checked Integrity of files - Nothing.

- Lastly, I deleted the local cache and re-downloaded and installed the game. Still doing the same thing.

At this point I'm at a loss and it's really bugging me. If anyone has had the same problem and managed to fix it, I'd really appreciate any help.

Cheers

-Al

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Any programs running in the background like an fps counter? Steam overlay on? Is the game installed on the same hdd as steam? Mods?

Only thing i can think of but it should run with those no problem. Check latest drivers, check your cpu,gpu, ram usage. Also check crash report in the event viewer. Could also try and run the exe from the folder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.