Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

MGSV, Permanent Blood Stained Cloths (Minor spoilers inside, need help)

reelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

So I just read up on why your blood never washes off if you play a certain way in MGSV. Apparently I have the Demon Skin on which basically ruins my play style, as camouflage doesn't work anymore. There's a hidden stat in the game called Demon points, you can't see this stat but it increases with every bad action, like developing a nuke. Now here's my question, is there a way to get rid of this? I've been running around saving sheep for ages, but alas to no avail... :(

PS: Changing clothes does nothing, changing character helps but the camouflage is still broken.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

As I understand it, you just have to work on getting more Heroism without doing any more "bad stuff" (don't kill people etc). The point of disposing nukes seem to be for manipulating this system.

clutch414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By clutch414

Umm...I just use the shower stall back at Mother Base. It's the white port-a-potty looking thing right near the helipad.

Edit: my bad. Never mind me.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Congratulations! You became Demon Snake!

The blood (and fuck-off sized horn) are permanent until you do a lot of actions that balance out the bad stuff you've done. Upping your heroism and disposing of nukes especially help a great deal. The blood will never wash off, either, not until you revert back to regular old Punished Snake.

mbdoeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Echoing other comments here, and want to add that visiting the zoo at MB helps alleviate the demon points. Pretty sure I saw that in a screenshot from the official guide.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought you had to try pretty hard to get that.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z said:

(un)surprisingly, most people only need to just develop a nuke. You're developing a nuclear warhead as a deterrent from rival PFs (building a nuke essentially locks everyone out from invading your FOB, unless their Heroism score is above 150,000), however because you're building a fucking nuke and threatening to blow people up with it the game deducts 50,000 Heroism and awards 50,000 Demon.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Devil240Z

@oldirtybearon said:

@devil240z said:

(un)surprisingly, most people only need to just develop a nuke. You're developing a nuclear warhead as a deterrent from rival PFs (building a nuke essentially locks everyone out from invading your FOB, unless their Heroism score is above 150,000), however because you're building a fucking nuke and threatening to blow people up with it the game deducts 50,000 Heroism and awards 50,000 Demon.

damn if you really don't want people invading you wouldn't it just be easier to play offline?

I still don't even know how to unlock the fob stuff. let alone nukes and shit.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon said:

@devil240z said:

damn if you really don't want people invading you wouldn't it just be easier to play offline?

Well, yes, and most people are playing offline whether they want to or not, but the problem with FOBs is that they are not optional. At all. If you connect online even once you're locked into completing the mission and tutorial associated with FOBs. Once you finish that it's, well, open season.

For the record the FOB stuff can be super fun, but it really needs a proper opt in/opt out feature.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Efesell  Online

So the actual Heroism counter doesn't matter towards this so don't worry about that. Just visit the Zoo over and over again (-300) or go get the achievements for reaching max bond with a buddy since each of those gives you -5000.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@devil240z: Fob unlocks around mission 21. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds and is pretty beneficial. It's basically a second mother base but anything on it is up for grabs. So you can double your army ( or triple it if you give konami your money) I've lost stuff but it seems it sticks to stuff that belongs to your FOB? So I think there is a limit to stuff you can lose. Like you can only lose stuff that is beyond your normal base capacity?

reelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

So the actual Heroism counter doesn't matter towards this so don't worry about that. Just visit the Zoo over and over again (-300) or go get the achievements for reaching max bond with a buddy since each of those gives you -5000.

Where is the Zoo? On which platform?

To other people here, I didn't develop any nuke, I just murder, a lot.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Efesell  Online

The zoo has its own separate installation. When you open the go to mother base map hit Triangle/Y/Whatever it says in the corner to switch to the Conservation Platform map instead.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@reelife said:
    @efesell said:

Where is the Zoo? On which platform?

To other people here, I didn't develop any nuke, I just murder, a lot.

That must be a LOT of murdering if you've unlocked super evil Snake as early as I am guessing you are in the game. Wow.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Efesell  Online

Yeah it's actually kind of impressive. You need 50,000 demon points to reach that stage and killing someone gives you 60.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guide explains the system in its entirety, including the point values of everything. No spoilers involved in the first two posts at least.

tl;dr: Visit your zoo a bunch to go back to normal.

MaxMischi3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, I *thought* that piece of helicopter stuck in my head was a lot smaller when I started the game.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is an interesting mechanic I was not aware of. I'm racking up heroism points, but I could've sworn my horn was getting just a tad bigger and sharper. Makes that trailer where he's walking down the corridor and growing that horn that much more ominous. Also, the last stage was him as basically Skull Face - is that when you're at a billion Demon points?

MaxMischi3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MaxMischi3f

Well, now I'm stuck as demon snake. It doesn't seem like there's an easy way to get rid of all the points I've accrued by playing the way that I want to, mainly, leaving a swath of merciless destruction in my wake.

So now I'm playing as snake's understudy FemSnake. It's not so bad. She has a fetching balaclava and likes to walk slowly away from explosions while quiet lays down withering cover fire and Pequod blasts rebel yell at the LZ.

Seriously snake, just go take a shower dude, you're stinking up HQ.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I wondered why i was constantly covered in blood! Never realised that was a gameplay thing, i didnt even think i had done anything all that evil....just because i kill everyone before i leave an area doesnt make me bad right?....right?.....

EsawFranco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kagato: Lol I'm with you, I play MGS like an executioner. In Snake Eater The Sorrow told me I was a murderer and I used to make Snake kill til he threw up. My end game rank was "Great White Shark". Becoming Demon Snake was unavoidable, I earned this horn. Got it before mission 15 -_- I make Quiet wear her bloody outfit too. If this was COD I'd be getting killstreaks non stop.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.