Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Online Status Updates?

drchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is there a place to check for the status of the online stuff (Not MGO, the base online stuff like FOB, etc)?

I've not been able to get online once (xb1) since launch. I can deal with FOB being down, but I can't even DL my Ground Zeroes save which would help in single player. The error says check the main website (which of course only mentions all the 10's the game's getting). The konami twitter mentioned it once tues morning with a "we're working on it", but nothing since then. Googling it only brings up articles about the downtime announcement but no status updates.

Is there a place I can go for actual updates on it?

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I found this: http://www.konami.jp/mgs_portal/jp/info/index.php

Should I wait for the servers to come up so I can import my GZ save, or should I just start TPP now and import later? It would seem most people aren't waiting for the servers. Have they stated how a late save import would impact your game, if at all?

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane: Start the game whenever you want. You can import your GZ save and get the benefits at any time.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bane said:

I found this: http://www.konami.jp/mgs_portal/jp/info/index.php

Should I wait for the servers to come up so I can import my GZ save, or should I just start TPP now and import later? It would seem most people aren't waiting for the servers. Have they stated how a late save import would impact your game, if at all?

~One of these things is not like the others~

On a related note, doesn't seem to matter when you import the save. I've only managed to get online once since I've had the game and everyone popped onto my base once I was able to download the save. Only thing it impacts is how much of a head start you can really get on R&D, which is pretty important, as it turns out.

No Caption Provided

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Argh this sucks. I unlocked the FOB stuff earlier today and want mess around with it before I continue on with the main game

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie said:

Argh this sucks. I unlocked the FOB stuff earlier today and want mess around with it before I continue on with the main game

How far in does that stuff open up? I just did mission 11 and the priority side op that seems like more of a story mission than 11 was.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was sort of getting sick of the slow menus when in online mode. Hopefully the maintenance makes that more tolerable.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@devil240z: I heard somewhere around level 22. If that's true, you've got a ways to go.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Pie

@Mike said:

@devil240z: I heard somewhere around level 22. If that's true, you've got a ways to go.

Yep without saying too much it is around level 21/2 which for me was around 30 hours in

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maaaan, I just unlocked FOBs and I wanna mess around with it! Hope they get this server stuff ironed out soon.

dakota1099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have not been able to connect at all on Xbox one. Really sucks

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wow the servers are still undergoing maintenance. This is getting pretty crazy.

edmundus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wish I hadn't sent out one of my teams on an online mission, I can't get them back till the servers are back up so I only have one team for missions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.