Waiting for the inevitable MGSV Collection?

#1 Posted by xyzygy (9981 posts) -

Since this game will be separated by releases, I've been thinking that it's probably a better idea to wait for the complete collection with both games, or even both games merged into one. We all know how, well, WEIRD Kojima is, so when he for the first time is able to get his hands on releasing a game in two sections, you KNOW Ground Zeroes is gonna have some cliffhangy ending.

I for one am just gonna wait it out until either TPP is released or they release them both in one package, if they even do it. Who here is with me? Can you wait that long while a new MGS will be available on store shelves?

#2 Posted by Steadying (1190 posts) -

Nah, I'm not gonna wait. For one, I'm too excited to wait, and two, it's nearly impossible to avoid spoilers on the internet nowadays, so I kinda have to play it as soon as it comes out.

#3 Posted by Hunkulese (2721 posts) -

Waiting is for chumps. You may end up saving a few bucks but you're also going to end up waiting probably at least a year.

#4 Edited by cmblasko (1233 posts) -

That would be the smart thing to do, but the MGS hype is too great for me. I will most likely purchase both games on day 1.

@xyzygy said:

...you KNOW Ground Zeroes is gonna have some cliffhangy ending.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Ground Zeroes ends with Big Boss in the coma that he wakes up from at the beginning of Phantom Pain.

#5 Edited by Nightriff (5075 posts) -

I'll get both when they come out and possibly get the collection...maybe.

#6 Edited by Chaser324 (6524 posts) -

No, I don't really think it would be worth waiting.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it'll be much of a cliffhanger ending either. The trailers seem to make it pretty clear that Ground Zeroes will likely be capped off with the destruction of Mother Base, disbanding of MSF, and the incident that puts Big Boss into a coma.

#7 Posted by probablytuna (3654 posts) -

Not gonna wait, too hyped up for it.

#8 Edited by GERALTITUDE (3309 posts) -

Nah, can barely wait as it is.

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

Im chomping at the bit already. Waiting for some theoretical collection is nuts.

#10 Edited by AlexW00d (6274 posts) -

Whether or not I even buy the first MGS:V depends on if both games are released on PS3, 'cause fuck if I am buying a PS4.

#11 Edited by xyzygy (9981 posts) -

@hunkulese said:

Waiting is for chumps. You may end up saving a few bucks but you're also going to end up waiting probably at least a year.

It's not about saving money or anything, I will willingly give my money to a good game and especially MGS. It's just that for me I know that I won't be able to wait between releases of two games that are actually one game.

I know they're technically separate games but Kojima himself is specifically calling GZ the Prologue to TPP, and I'd just rather wait to play the whole thing in full and get the whole experience at once if they're going to be so closely attached.

@demoskinos Yeah it's not announced but I don't think it'd really be far off to assume so, since, as I've mentioned, Kojima himself said that GZ was the prologue. And if it's not announced by the time TPP is released then I suppose I'll just get both and play them back to back, same effect I guess.

@alexw00d I don't think TPP has been announced for last gen systems and I kind of don't want it to be, to limit them scaling it down. It's supposed to be open world unlike GZ which is mission based.

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (8229 posts) -

Nope, part of the fun of MGS games is talking about how fucking crazy they are. Can't afford to miss the zeitgeist.

#13 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5479 posts) -

How could anyone who's interested in these games wait? I'm certainly not.

#14 Edited by Ezekiel (447 posts) -

I'm waiting. I don't want to wait between episodes and have two packages for the same game. Or one package for Ground Zeroes and one for both of them, if they don't make a package with only The Phantom Pain.

@alexw00d said:

Whether or not I even buy the first MGS:V depends on if both games are released on PS3, 'cause fuck if I am buying a PS4.

If Phantom Pain doesn't come out for the PS3 (or Windows), I may not play it. I don't want a PS4 either, unless it has some games I absolutely must play. I think the series, especially Big Boss's story, is overextended anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.