Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

We Need To Talk About Kiefer

• 56 results
    GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I'm having a hard time getting past how intensely I agree with everything in your post, TC.

Metal Gear is some kind of magic. I've never agreed with so many people about anything, but MG Mania is thick since Monsieur Ryckert came on the scene. Both very exicted to hear Keifer in full game and for Snake to generally just talk less. There's always the old games when I need Davey.

How hard is it to repeat the last thing you heard with a tone of annoyed confusion?

Confusion?

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@arbitrarywater said:

My ultimate problem with Kiefer isn't that he's voicing Big Boss, but that every time he talks I immediately think "Jack Bauer".

After MGSV, you will watch reruns of 24 and only think "Big Boss".

DAMMIT!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TruthTellah
    @marc said:

@truthtellah said:
    @arbitrarywater said:

My ultimate problem with Kiefer isn't that he's voicing Big Boss, but that every time he talks I immediately think "Jack Bauer".

After MGSV, you will watch reruns of 24 and only think "Big Boss".

DAMMIT!

No Caption Provided

Big Boss: "TELL ME WHERE METAL GEAR IS!"

Guy: "Sure, sure! It's uh..."

Big Boss: "NO TIME!!"

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By mpgeist

I feel like Hayter's VO work was on a decline with the last few games. I'm really okay with something different.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have never seen 24, is that a good or bad thing?

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Have the Japanese Big Boss and Solid Snake VA's been different this whole time? As far as I know, the Japanese VA for Big Boss is remaining the same, which would make this seem more to me like just a decision by the localization team/Konami, instead of Kojima being a crazy guy. It just wouldn't make sense to me to be doing this weird bait-and-switch with the English actor if they weren't doing anything for the Japanese as well. IIRC the Japanese VA for Snake is fairly popular as well, and is friends with Kojima (he was on his podcast when I listened to it, which was once about two years ago). The whole thing confuses me. I'll miss Hayter though if he's really gone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.