Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid

Franchise »

A part of the Metal Gear series, often also considered its own series all the same.

Metal Gear Solid: Tandem Snake

RedLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A friend and I have recently played through a handful of games together, switching off at regular intervals. So far the games we've played (Uncharted 2-3, Shadow of the Colossus, Dead Space 2) are broken up into chapters/sections of more or less equal length. I finally wore him down and convinced him we should play the Metal Gear Solid series (which took some doing; he's always been of the mind that MGS is just anime nonsense, while I'm of the mind that anime nonsense isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially as buck wild as MGS gets). Any advice on how to break up the games for our controller hand-offs? I thought about just setting a timer, but there must be a better way, right? Any ideas?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Switch every cutscene. EDIT: Switching every boss would work for every game in the series not just MGS1 as @shindig says.

Peace Walker is co-op but not local if you end up going that far.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd switch every boss fight for MGS1. The game usually has a couple of areas before moving you from boss to boss.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You could switch each time you enter a new area or die a few times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.