My Metal Gear Collection

Posted by is343 (106 posts) -

I saw and commented on another persons WoW collection not too long ago, and figured I might as well put up one of my collections.

So I more or less have every Metal Gear game that's been released within the US. I also have the Japanese collection on the far left there. I've kind of stopped since Peace Walker. I don't have the new HD Collection, and don't really intend to.

I don't know if I've just become disinterested, or am just growing out of it, but I don't have much of a desire to obsessively get everything as they're released as I used to. It might help that I just don't have as much money right now, and am no longer working. I'm also just about to graduate with my B.S. and am too busy stressing about getting my life started than to buy more games that I obviously have several copies of already.

#1 Posted by is343 (106 posts) -

I saw and commented on another persons WoW collection not too long ago, and figured I might as well put up one of my collections.

So I more or less have every Metal Gear game that's been released within the US. I also have the Japanese collection on the far left there. I've kind of stopped since Peace Walker. I don't have the new HD Collection, and don't really intend to.

I don't know if I've just become disinterested, or am just growing out of it, but I don't have much of a desire to obsessively get everything as they're released as I used to. It might help that I just don't have as much money right now, and am no longer working. I'm also just about to graduate with my B.S. and am too busy stressing about getting my life started than to buy more games that I obviously have several copies of already.

#2 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

That's really neat man, thanks for sharing.  What's that collection on the far left?

#3 Posted by is343 (106 posts) -

@EvilTwin: That's the 20th anniversary collection. It was only released in Japan several years ago. I found it for less than it's retail, so I quickly scooped it up.

Now it just sits along with the rest of them. :|

#4 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

You should be proud. I am very jealous. My MGS collections are; PS MGS, MGS 2, MGS3 Subsistence, MGS4, MGS HD Collection.

#5 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

I don't know why, but I really like looking at pictures of collections people have of different things...

Good shit, yo.

#6 Posted by Psykhophear (939 posts) -

I see you have the PC version of MGS, original box included. Terrific!

I like the way these games are packed into one shelf like that. It may not be grand-looking but I like it. Thanks for sharing.

#7 Posted by is343 (106 posts) -

Thanks guys. Yeah, I totally love checking out other peoples collections too. There's something about seeing everything together in one place that just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

@nohthink you've pretty much got all the essentials already covered. I'd say that's a nice (sane person's) collection.

#8 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (319 posts) -

Even though I have more MGS than I feel I should, I can't help but feel a little jealous of your collection.

I have    
MGS (PS)  
MGS : Special Missions
MGS : Twin Snakes  
MGS 2
MGS2 : Substance 
MGS 3 
MGS 3 : Subsistence
MGS : Portable Ops 
MGS 4
MGS : Peace Walker
MGS HD Collection

After writing MGS so bloody much it looks damn weird reading it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.