Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid

Franchise »

A part of the Metal Gear series, often also considered its own series all the same.

Which should I buy, HD or Legacy Collection

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By saoakden

Look, I don't own a PS3 but I plan on getting one. & one of the games I plan on buying is Metal Gear Solid. My problem is that on the Xbox 360, a system I own, they have an HD Collection that has a few of the games while on the PS3, they have the Legacy Collection, which has pretty much every Metal Gear Solid game from 1987-2012. So which one do I buy? The HD collection now so I can play a few games or wait til I get a PS3 & buy the Legacy collection where I can play a number of games?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Just wait and get the Legacy collection.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Might as well wait. Legacy Collection gives you the HD versions of 2 3 and Peace Walker.

More is better than less.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By lego_my_eggo

Wait till you get the PS3 then buy the Legacy Collection. I assume you haven't played a Metal Gear game before, so story wise you could only play two out of the three games in the HD collection (you could play MGS2, but its better if you have played MGS1). Also MGS1 and MGS4 are big games in the series and are not in the HD collection, so you are better off getting those as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.