Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 03, 1998

Metal Gear Solid, released in 1998, is a game developed and published by Konami Corporation. The game follows recent retiree Solid Snake in his return to active duty as he attempts to rescue DARPA Chief Donald Anderson and President of ArmsTech Kenneth Baker, both taken hostage by a terrorist group, in order to prevent the terrorists from launching a nuclear warhead.

Psycho Mantis killed himself in the future?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

This is just one of my many crackpot theorys but I really do find this one to be rather interesting.

Before Psycho Mantis died at the end of MGS1 he agrees to help Snake, he opens the door for Snake and Meryl to proceed and then he dies. He later appears towards the end of Mantis returns as the person responsible for controlling the enemy team, after appearing however he shortly appears to die again. No reason is given to him suddenly freaking out and dieing again, some belive it to be The Sorrow and some belive it to be fatigue from the fight, I however have a weirder theory. What if Psycho Mantis before he died in MGS1, he looked into the future and used his Pscyhonetic powers to kill his future self? You may be quick to dismiss this, but is it any crazier than a ghost of a guy who dosn't even know Mantis come back from the dead just to kill him? In the Twin Snakes he also refrences "Strange, such a nostlgic feeling".

Now that I'm reading it it looks kinda stupid, but this video made me think it could be possible

Watch from 5:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWb-eHFsAxc&lc=nNDakQDig08F0KI4yFblppFd7XIE5YTWgD91dkHTh5o&feature=inbox

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Hizang said:
    "

This is just one of my many crackpot theorys but I really do find this one to be rather interesting.

Before Psycho Mantis died at the end of MGS1 he agrees to help Snake, he opens the door for Snake and Meryl to proceed and then he dies. He later appears towards the end of Mantis returns as the person responsible for controlling the enemy team, after appearing however he shortly appears to die again. No reason is given to him suddenly freaking out and dieing again, some belive it to be The Sorrow and some belive it to be fatigue from the fight, I however have a weirder theory. What if Psycho Mantis before he died in MGS1, he looked into the future and used his Pscyhonetic powers to kill his future self? You may be quick to dismiss this, but is it any crazier than a ghost of a guy who dosn't even know Mantis come back from the dead just to kill him? In the Twin Snakes he also refrences "Strange, such a nostlgic feeling".

Now that I'm reading it it looks kinda stupid, but this video made me think it could be possible

Watch from 5:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWb-eHFsAxc&lc=nNDakQDig08F0KI4yFblppFd7XIE5YTWgD91dkHTh5o&feature=inbox

"
    His apperence in in the last game was fan fare from what I saw...nothing more. 
    And if it was not...he freaked out cause his " Powers" did not work. 

Also I would not rule out cloning. Mind printing. Or any of that shit. 
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By EuanDewar

You're looking waaaaay too far into what can be easily classed as silly fan service.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

???

Psycho Mantis was the one controlling Screaming Mantis with help from The Sorrow.

Also, The Twin Snakes don't count. It's as looked down upon as the VR Theory.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hizang

Do not dismiss his powers, he can make Hideo Kojima laugh!

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @N7 said:
    " ???Psycho Mantis was the one controlling Screaming Mantis with help from The Sorrow.Also, The Twin Snakes don't count. It's as looked down upon as the VR Theory. "
    O ya...forgot that ghosts are around in the MGS universe. 
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hizang

@N7:
    They are both cannon, there is no reason why each one would be diffrent, infact the accents of Meling and Naomie are diffrent from that in MGS1 and the accents used in MGSTTS is the accents used in MGS4 THEREFORE, If anything MGSTTS is more cannon than MGS1. Another point to note is that during the flashabacks on Shadow Moses in MGS4 the voice samples are from TTS, more eveidence! But lets not get into that fight here, but just for the record...

Naomie and Melings voice in the PS1 version are not cannon!

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Karkarov

Nah he dies in MGS1 and he is just a ghost in MGS4.  He makes the comment about nostalgia in the original MGS1 too on PS1.  He is referring to what it feels like to actually help someone instead of trying to hurt them.  The Sorrow may have helped in MGS4 but he isn't what caused it.  If anything what caused his defeat then was the damage done to his actual host and their own mind fighting back.  That and Snake wasn't exactly just standing around playing pick up sticks.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Hizang said:
    "

@N7:
    They are both cannon, there is no reason why each one would be diffrent, infact the accents of Meling and Naomie are diffrent from that in MGS1 and the accents used in MGSTTS is the accents used in MGS4 THEREFORE, If anything MGSTTS is more cannon than MGS1. Another point to note is that during the flashabacks on Shadow Moses in MGS4 the voice samples are from TTS, more eveidence! But lets not get into that fight here, but just for the record...

Naomie and Melings voice in the PS1 version are not cannon!

"
    Different voice actors...

Again it seems like fan service. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.