Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 03, 1998

Metal Gear Solid, released in 1998, is a game developed and published by Konami Corporation. The game follows recent retiree Solid Snake in his return to active duty as he attempts to rescue DARPA Chief Donald Anderson and President of ArmsTech Kenneth Baker, both taken hostage by a terrorist group, in order to prevent the terrorists from launching a nuclear warhead.

Submiting to Ocelot's Torture(Spoilers)

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Playing through for the first time on Vita and i got to the infamous torture scene. After a while i finally i finally decided to give in and see how the rest of game plays out(already watched all of MG Scanlon so it will be fun to see the Otacon ending). Feel bad about Meryl though but at least i'll get the octocamo.

My question is: How many people played this back in '98 and submitted to Ocelot? This is both a curiosity and request to make me feel better.

undrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I played a few months before MGScanlon and did not give up. I regret it because I'd rather have the invisisuit thing.

Avatar image for wakkaflakkachimmichonga
    wakkaflakkachimmichonga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i remember failing the torture sequence and liking the resulting ending more than the canon ending

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

Back when i played MGS1 I couldn't not submit. My button mashing skills were too undeveloped at the time. The game kept going so I figured it would be okay (and of course it wasn't).

I didn't even know there was an alternate ending, I thought the game was just a fuckin bummer. It was great.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

Back when i played MGS1 I couldn't not submit. My button mashing skills were too undeveloped at the time.

Yeah, I tried over and over again but I was just unable to mash fast enough at the time. Nothing I could do. Bummed me out.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i remember failing the torture sequence and liking the resulting ending more than the canon ending

Same. I failed it back when I first played it and liked that ending a lot more.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer

I played a bunch of DBZ Super Butoden 2 with my friends on SNES. Ocelot's torture was a brisk warmup compared to those games.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I couldn't get through it without dying or submitting the first couple times I played through the game. Now I find it hard to fail.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.