Hideo Kojima Smacks Down Rumors, Spreads Disappointment Ahead of E3

• 63 results
Posted by patrickklepek (2215 posts) -
I've run out of SNAAAAAAKE jokes.

Let's get right to the point. Andriasang was listening to the latest Kojima Productions podcast, wherein Metal Gear designer Hideo Kojima responded to some of the biggest questions about him and E3.

Metal Gear Solid 5 at E3? Nope.

Kojima at Microsoft's conference? No, sir.

NGP getting a port of Metal Gear Solid 4? Scratch that off the list of contenders.

How about seeing any Metal Gear Solid: Rising multiplayer? Uh-uh.

Kojima answered a few more questions, the rest on the what-are-you-talking-about side.

Kojima Productions will have some "surprises" at Konami's pre-E3 press conference next week, so while today's "news" crosses out some of what we don't know, it doesn't answer much at all.

And so it goes.

#1 Posted by patrickklepek (2215 posts) -
I've run out of SNAAAAAAKE jokes.

Let's get right to the point. Andriasang was listening to the latest Kojima Productions podcast, wherein Metal Gear designer Hideo Kojima responded to some of the biggest questions about him and E3.

Metal Gear Solid 5 at E3? Nope.

Kojima at Microsoft's conference? No, sir.

NGP getting a port of Metal Gear Solid 4? Scratch that off the list of contenders.

How about seeing any Metal Gear Solid: Rising multiplayer? Uh-uh.

Kojima answered a few more questions, the rest on the what-are-you-talking-about side.

Kojima Productions will have some "surprises" at Konami's pre-E3 press conference next week, so while today's "news" crosses out some of what we don't know, it doesn't answer much at all.

And so it goes.

#2 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

Good. I love Metal Gear but I'm tired of it. 

#3 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2733 posts) -

I really hope he would just announce Zone of the Enders 3, but that's never going to happen.

#4 Posted by Tesla (1945 posts) -

I want to see a new Snatcher or Policenauts.

#5 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

Zone of the Metal Gear Enders. It's coming. Believe that.

#6 Edited by MattyFTM (14433 posts) -

I'm hoping it's going to be Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore 3D. Everyone is hyped for Kojima announcing a something and it ends up being a new version of his japan only stock market trading game. That would be funny.

#7 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2446 posts) -

MGS 4 on 360.

But that issue is so beaten to death already that I question the impact of such an announcement.

#8 Posted by sixpin (1309 posts) -
@IBurningStar: Personally, I'm hoping for Snatcher Zone of the Metal Enders
#9 Posted by Winternet (8060 posts) -

It's the partnership with Swery. That's the surprise.

#10 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@BulletproofMonk said:
I really hope he would just announce Zone of the Enders 3, but that's never going to happen.
Yep. I also hope they'll make the translation a mess again, because, I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy ZOE2 about a half as much if lines such as "RAGH YOU KILLED MY PALS YOU DEVIL " weren't commonplace.
#11 Posted by kollay (1943 posts) -

Everybody knows how much of a damn liar Kojima is, so just take whatever he's saying and turn it around.

#12 Posted by Maajin (1092 posts) -

I would buy HD versions of Twin Snakes, MGS2 and MGS3. Also, MGS4 with trophies.

#13 Posted by AmericanNinja (157 posts) -

No MGS 5. Thats the key word. MGS 1,2 & 3 remake will be announced for PS3.

#14 Posted by mnzy (2926 posts) -

He didn't say anything about Platinum Games developing MGS:Rising. I take that as a "yes" and be happy.

#15 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Multiplayer? I just wanna see Rising in general.

#16 Posted by Cubroso (9 posts) -

Why worry about Rising multiplayer? What about Rising proper?

#17 Posted by Cynic04 (124 posts) -

He forgot to add that Santa isn't real and everyone dies.

#18 Posted by Chris2KLee (2338 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
Good. I love Metal Gear but I'm tired of it. 
Yep, give it break for a bit. He should leave Rising completely to the new guys and then move on to something new. Although it looks like Konami might have killed his something new if that twitter post recently was any indication.
#19 Posted by Homeslice (571 posts) -

No one asked about possible crossover Snatchnauts? Wasted opportunity.

#20 Edited by Liv (43 posts) -

Zone of the Enders E (I'm doing that thing, that MW3-thing, where I switch E's with 3's - and vice verse).

#21 Posted by PapaMozano (8 posts) -

I'd be happy to see Peace Walker on PS3. I'd bet there is a good chance that will happen. 

#22 Posted by ezdude (406 posts) -

Doesn't Kojima own his own studio? He should start working on his own project already, maybe he's doing that hopefully.

#23 Posted by Toxin066 (3330 posts) -

I'm a little bit relieved to know Rising won't have multiplayer.

#24 Posted by bucky (116 posts) -

I'm calling it-- Sunny gets her own Cooking Mama-esque spin off where you make eggs.

#25 Posted by shodan2020 (699 posts) -
@Tesla said:
I want to see a new Snatcher or Policenauts.
Yes. Me too. MGS4 port for the 360 would be nice too (yeah I know it's not going to happen, but...) :)
#26 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

I should replay MGS 4 sometime, to get an updated perspective on it. 

I hope we get a new Zone of the Enders game some day.

#27 Posted by PenguinDust (12641 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid: Rising coming to Nintendo's new system.  That will be the "big" reveal.  *Yawn*

#28 Posted by bartok (2585 posts) -

Does it make me a bad person that I would still go crazy for  a surprise Metal Gear Solid 5 announcement?  Personally I hope the surprise is a relaunch of the Snatcher franchise.

#29 Posted by Deusoma (3032 posts) -

More on Rising's multiplayer is an odd thing to predict, given that no one has ever said that it even might have multiplayer. Considering the game revolves around a one-hit-kill mechanic, I can't imagine it would be a terribly satisfying deathmatch experience anyway.

#30 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

Surprise will be Peace Walker HD for PS3 and MGS 1-2-3 HD bundle

#31 Edited by Korne (625 posts) -
@bucky said:

I'm calling it-- Sunny gets her own Cooking Mama-esque spin off where you make eggs.

Yes... Kojima, make it happen! 
#32 Posted by aidros (246 posts) -

How about ANYTHING on MGS: Rising?...Please?...hello?

#33 Posted by AuthenticM (3805 posts) -

He also said that he was planning something big for MGS' 25th anniversary next year.

#34 Edited by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Fingers still crossed for a PS3, and or PC, Zone of Enders game! A guy can dream dam it!

#35 Posted by Maotou (71 posts) -
@BulletproofMonk said:
 God dammit, WE MUST BELIEVE MY BROTHER! I haven not given up on seeing ZOE3...although I get the feeling Kojima gets his kicks by disappointing us, so I guess I'm expecting to be dropped kicked in the face.
#36 Posted by Ezekeilpurger (322 posts) -

Snatcher reboot, calling it.... :[

#37 Posted by shiro11 (65 posts) -

Already gave up on ever seeing ZOE 3

#38 Posted by MmaFanQc (102 posts) -

A new ZOE game would be awesome.

#39 Posted by Beaudacious (935 posts) -

So then who cares if none of those are realities? No multilayer even? Hasn't that game been in development since mgs4.

#40 Posted by Hiashi (87 posts) -

This just makes ZOE3 all the more likely! That would be my game of the show.
#41 Posted by Beforet (2934 posts) -

So, something not MGS related? I can be into that.

#42 Posted by Kyle (2325 posts) -

At this point I've really had my fill of Metal Gear for the next few years, especially since we already have Rising on the way. I'm ready to see something else from Kojima. No less excited.

#43 Posted by Box3ru13 (710 posts) -
@Liv said:
Zone of the Enders E (I'm doing that thing, that MW3-thing, where I switch E's with 3's - and vice verse).
You mean Zone of the 3nders?
#44 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Come oooonnnnn Zone of Enders

#45 Posted by Phoenix87 (487 posts) -

First no valve, and now this.

#46 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

I consider myself smacked down. How disappointing. 

#47 Posted by ParaParaKing (105 posts) -

He said countless times, that he is moving on, but always returns to MGS. Let's see what he Doreen at E3!

#48 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

Metal Gear Kart Guardian Adventures, starring baby versions of all your favorite MGS characters, featuring over 7 individual racing tracks, wacky attacks, and mini games like 'Hide'N'GoBox" and "SnakeDiapieChangeRace"

#49 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2400 posts) -

This is what I heard when reading the article. 
What? no. But I... no. Can't you? no. But then what? no.

#50 Posted by shinluis (432 posts) -
@Krakn3Dfx@Krakn3Dfx said:
Metal Gear Kart Guardian Adventures, starring baby versions of all your favorite MGS characters, featuring over 7 individual racing tracks, wacky attacks, and mini games like 'Hide'N'GoBox" and "SnakeDiapieChangeRace"
Great. I'll buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.