Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear

Franchise »

Tactical, Espionage, Action. A revered and long-running series directed by Hideo Kojima.

METAL GEAR EXISTENCE

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By regularassmilk

I wonder what it will be? does anyone have an idea?

I was hoping for a remake of Metal Gear Solid, or a remake of Metal Gear or Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

However, it will probably be what a revamped MGS4. Kinda like MGS3 Subsistence
    I couldn't think what they would add on though. 

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

360 MGS4 (I know it's not likely, but I can dream, can't I?)

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By regularassmilk
    MattyFTM said:
    "360 MGS4 (I know it's not likely, but I can dream, can't I?)"
    lol, not even in the wettest of your dreams. In other words, That isn't going to happen
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    regularassmilk said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "360 MGS4 (I know it's not likely, but I can dream, can't I?)"
    lol, not even in the wettest of your dreams. In other words, That isn't going to happen"
    I don't think its as impossible as some people make out, yet I don't think it's particularly likely either.
    samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By samcotts

I really hope it's a remake of one of the older games, but it seems likely to be a revamped MGS4 as you said.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By regularassmilk

Heres a pic of the 360 version.                                                                        Link

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Drebin_893

I hovered over, saw it was YouTube, and I'm so glad I clicked it. That made me chuckle.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

It will most likely be no different that substance and subsistence, just have 1 or 2 things new, or a bit more content , other than that same old game.

foxhound421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By foxhound421

i've always thought that a complete re-make of the original Metal Gear (a-la Bionic Commando: Rearmed) with some modern gameplay elements of the Solid series like the roll, wall-press, etc… would be the shit as a downloadable PSP/PSN title.

or just MGS1 for the PSP. in english. sans CFW.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
    foxhound421 said:
    "i've always thought that a complete re-make of the original Metal Gear (a-la Bionic Commando: Rearmed) with some modern gameplay elements of the Solid series like the roll, wall-press, etc… would be the shit as a downloadable PSP/PSN title.

or just MGS1 for the PSP. in english. sans CFW."
    My friend has MGS english on his PSP...

Anyways, I'm hoping they remake MGS 1, 2, and 3 using the MGS4 engine. Unlikely, but I can hope.

Charleslegrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Charleslegrand
    LiquidPrince said:
    "foxhound421 said:
    "i've always thought that a complete re-make of the original Metal Gear (a-la Bionic Commando: Rearmed) with some modern gameplay elements of the Solid series like the roll, wall-press, etc… would be the shit as a downloadable PSP/PSN title.

Anyways, I'm hoping they remake MGS 1, 2, and 3 using the MGS4 engine. Unlikely, but I can hope.

"
    Well it took ten years for that to happen to Half-Life so we're pretty much due for Metal Gear Solid as well.  All we need is a team of modders wanting to spend a ton of time working on it and for Konami to give them access to MGS4 mod tools. 
    ...Not likely?  Pfff!
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Charleslegrand said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "foxhound421 said:

"
    Well it took ten years for that to happen to Half-Life so we're pretty much due for Metal Gear Solid as well.  All we need is a team of modders wanting to spend a ton of time working on it and for Konami to give them access to MGS4 mod tools. 
    ...Not likely?  Pfff!
    "

You think it would ever look as good as an actual Konami release with their teams of 200 people...?

No...

Charleslegrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Charleslegrand
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Charleslegrand said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "foxhound421 said:

"
    ...Not likely?  Pfff!
    "

You think it would ever look as good as an actual Konami release with their teams of 200 people...?

No...

"
    Well look at the Black Mesa team.  I don't think there's a better example of what dedicated modders can do.  I mean, seriously, remaking the whole game ??  That's just crazy!  And yet here we are.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Charleslegrand said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Charleslegrand said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "foxhound421 said:

"
    ...Not likely?  Pfff!
    "

No...

"
    Well look at the Black Mesa team.  I don't think there's a better example of what dedicated modders can do.  I mean, seriously, remaking the whole game ??  That's just crazy!  And yet here we are."

Yeah but a game of Half-Life is much simpler then a game like Metal Gear. Metal Gear has a lot of intricacies.

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By elbow

At first I'd totally agree with you guys on the whole remake the originals, but now I really don't. I'd rather have something like, more missions, or something else.

Charleslegrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Charleslegrand
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Charleslegrand said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Charleslegrand said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "foxhound421 said:

"
    ...Not likely?  Pfff!
    "

No...

"
    Well look at the Black Mesa team.  I don't think there's a better example of what dedicated modders can do.  I mean, seriously, remaking the whole game ??  That's just crazy!  And yet here we are."

Yeah but a game of Half-Life is much simpler then a game like Metal Gear. Metal Gear has a lot of intricacies.

"
    Agreed.  But the platform also has a big part to play in this : even if Konami made modding tools powerful yet easy to use, I just don't see the PS3 becoming a modding platform.  At least, nowhere near the level that PC modding is at.

It's definitely in the hands of the developper.  Not just because of the complexity of the tools but also because of the platform.
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Keeng
    elbow said:
    "

At first I'd totally agree with you guys on the whole remake the originals, but now I really don't. I'd rather have something like, more missions, or something else.

"
    I think I'm in the same boat as you. I would buy multiple copies of any MGS remake for PS3, but I would prefer an extended version of MGS4 over anything else. My speculation on Existence is that it's another "Director's Cut" game like Subsistence. However, it's worth saying when they did that to MGS2 and 3, they added a lot of stuff that the special edition of MGS4 already has. I guess I'll just wait and see.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By brukaoru

Existence is just going to be an expansion of Metal Gear Solid 4. I was a bit disappointed when I heard about it (even though I shouldn't be surprised with the other games having expansions). I spent over $80 on the Collector's Edition and I don't see what this new addition could come with to warrant me paying more money. I guess we will see.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By chililili
    brukaoru said:
    "Existence is just going to be an expansion of Metal Gear Solid 4. I was a bit disappointed when I heard about it (even though I shouldn't be surprised with the other games having expansions). I spent over $80 on the Collector's Edition and I don't see what this new addition could come with to warrant me paying more money. I guess we will see."
    Most of the times they bring tighter controls and some more guns to the table, but nothing new story wise. Perhaps an alternate ending in which Liquid wins? That would be sorta cool. I would pay for it if it was realeased as a PSN expansion pack/addon not gonna go full price again.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pause422
    brukaoru said:
    "Existence is just going to be an expansion of Metal Gear Solid 4. I was a bit disappointed when I heard about it (even though I shouldn't be surprised with the other games having expansions). I spent over $80 on the Collector's Edition and I don't see what this new addition could come with to warrant me paying more money. I guess we will see."
    I doubt it will be much, just like the other re-releases. I would honestly not my a throwback to the older games with some VR, maybe allowing you to play as some of the other cooler characters, like Greyfox, just for the hell of it....but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it won't be worth paying for all over again, I got the collector's edition as well.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I kind of hate how Konami does this with the MGS games. You buy their MGS games when they comes out, and less than a year later they release an updated version of it with added modes and such and you wanna buy it, but then again you just paid $60 for the same game and don't really want to pay that much again for a couple bonus modes. Anyway, I hope to God it comes to 360.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By SpinCookie

Where is this listed?  I never heard of it before.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By roushimsx
    MGS3: Existence Disc
    It already came out as part of the Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition...
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pause422

its still called "Metal Gear Solid 3:Subsistence at the core, this will be called MGS4: Existence we're guessing from the start, not just the name of a single disc on another game. Regardless I'm not gonna get it,  I doubt it will be worth the upgrade at all, if its the same kinda addition they put on the other games.

hamburgAir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.