Whose your favorite Metal Gear character?

#1 Posted by JohnKiller118 (62 posts) -

Shoot. 

As generic as this may sound, I gotta' go with Solid Snake on this one. His character is just perfect in my eyes. Everything I ever wanted in a fictional character.

#2 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Pyscho Mantis.  This would be better as a poll.

#3 Posted by SnakeEyes327 (334 posts) -

Grey Fox.

#4 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

Poll? 

Solid Snake.

#5 Posted by Lucifer (263 posts) -

#6 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

Raiden. Even in MGS2. 

#7 Posted by regularassmilk (1380 posts) -

Solid Snake.
Big Boss.
Grey Fox. 
Revolver Ocelot.
Liquid Snake.

#8 Posted by JohnKiller118 (62 posts) -
@Mrskidders said:
" This would be better as a poll. "
Too many characters to name. And then people would bitch about how I didn't put in their favorite.
#9 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Solid Snake would totally dominate if this was a poll. Anyway, my runner-up is going to be Ocelot, though I thought he was kind of a lame punk when he was younger (MGS3). As an older guy, he's totally cool.

#10 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Aw yeah.

#11 Posted by Romination (2775 posts) -

I'm gonna go with Liquid. He's such a theatrical-sounding, over-the-top bastard, and Cam Clarke's voice for him is phenomenal. 

I'm not too huge on MGS, but doesn't he wind up being kind of good in the end?

#12 Posted by RVonE (4605 posts) -

You guys are all crazy; it has to be Sunny.
#13 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5117 posts) -

I prefer the old one.
#14 Posted by JackSukeru (5904 posts) -

I liked Otacon in the first two games.

#15 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Used to be solid snake, now it's none.

#16 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -
My favorite is Ocelot. From the moment he steps in twirling his guns around in the original MGS, I knew he was going to be a great character. Followed closely by Big Boss. The rivalry between him and Ocelot in Snake Eater is awesome.
@Romination said:
" I'm gonna go with Liquid. He's such a theatrical-sounding, over-the-top bastard, and Cam Clarke's voice for him is phenomenal.  I'm not too huge on MGS, but doesn't he wind up being kind of good in the end? "

#17 Edited by JohnKiller118 (62 posts) -
@Romination said:

" I'm not too huge on MGS, but doesn't he wind up being kind of good in the end? "

You're thinking of Liquid Ocelot (Revolver Ocelot hypnotized into thinking he's Liquid.) Regardless, the answer is still "no." 
The "Ocelot is a hero" bs was a result of people misinterpreting his speech on top of Outer Haven, and the strategy guide sucking (like it did when it said the DOD guy was Campbell in the MGS3 strategy guide. It's not a reliable source for canon.) Just read this thread.
#18 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4291 posts) -

Drebin

#19 Posted by JohnKiller118 (62 posts) -
@Lucifer said:
"
"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.