Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jul 07, 1987

Known as the first stealth-action game, Metal Gear tells the tale of Solid Snake, a rookie operative of the U.S. special forces unit FOXHOUND, as he infiltrates Outer Heaven, a fortified military compound, to destroy a mysterious superweapon known as "Metal Gear".

Metal Gear Remake?

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AutomaticSnake

MGS4 was the last game of the series so i think they should remake both Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Most people never played the old ones so it would be like a brand new game for them.

foxhound421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By foxhound421

they'd never remake Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake because Kojima had nothing to do with that game and it's not officially considered to be part of the Metal Gear Saga. i would, however like to see a top-down remake of the original Metal Gear with updated graphics and sound on PSN. that'd be the shit.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By AndrewGaspar

If they do make a remake of Metal Gear, I want it to have the new and improved MGS4 gameplay.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Otacon
    foxhound421 said:
    "they'd never remake Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake because Kojima had nothing to do with that game and it's not officially considered to be part of the Metal Gear Saga. i would, however like to see a top-down remake of the original Metal Gear with updated graphics and sound on PSN. that'd be the shit.
    "
    Yeah, In the same vein as Bionic Commando ReArmed. I'd like that.
    Sabious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Sabious

A remake of Metal Gear would be great, and I'm sure it would sell well! It would make a nice PSN game, and would give people who may have not of had a chance to play the game to do so and experience the story.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suneku
    foxhound421 said:
    "they'd never remake Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake because Kojima had nothing to do with that game and it's not officially considered to be part of the Metal Gear Saga. i would, however like to see a top-down remake of the original Metal Gear with updated graphics and sound on PSN. that'd be the shit.
    "
    You're thinking of Snake's Revenge. Kojima did work on MG2... which is why it was also in MGS3 Subsistance
    samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By samcotts

I'd love if they remade Metal Gear 1&2. Either a full blown remake, or do something similar to what happened with Bionic Commando Rearmed, I'd be other the moon if either happened.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By suneku

I started thinking if they were to do a remake, it could work on the DS like what FF has been doing, with 3D graphics and stuff. I'd like to see that.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By AuthenticM
    foxhound421 said:
    "
    That was Metal Gear: Snake's revenge. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake was made specifically by Kojima because he was disappointed by Snake's Revenge.

And yes, they should remake them. HD 2D-style, not in 3D. Not just a graphical overhaul, but gameplay mechanics as well. The games can be modernized in a lot of way.
    dadgad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dadgad
    foxhound421 said:
    i would, however like to see a top-down remake of the original Metal Gear with updated graphics and sound on PSN. that'd be the shit.
    "
    I read that sentence and wet myself with glee!
    foxhound1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By foxhound1980

I have to disagree, even though rearmed is a great remake of a classic. I personally want the remakes of Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Snake to be done as MGS4. So we take it back a notch in technology snake eater proved us that with there equipment. We bring back Outer Heaven and the very first battle between Big Boss and Solid Snake. I especially would love to see the climatic battle of Grey Fox and Solid Snake in the mine field...I still get chills with the final CQC match at the end of MGS4. Fighting Grey fox on a Mine field with the graphic engine, steller voice acting, and score will be an instant classic. The rearmed engine wouldn't be able to match the shear impact that a full blown FMV sequence can deliever. Besides are you really over Solid Snake...he is a bad ass I wouldnt mind playing as a young Solid Snake and if your fans either will you.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By brukaoru

MG: Solid Snake does not need to be remade. It is an awesome game that is still fun to play. However, I find Metal Gear to be terribly boring, a remake of that would go a long way in my opinion.

Also, I don't even want to go near Snake's Revenge, I hear it's just like Metal Gear plus it wasn't made by Kojima anyway, so no thanks.

Avatar image for awesomeroryagain
    AwesomeRoryAgain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AwesomeRoryAgain

I leik to play metal gear!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.