Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jul 07, 1987

Known as the first stealth-action game, Metal Gear tells the tale of Solid Snake, a rookie operative of the U.S. special forces unit FOXHOUND, as he infiltrates Outer Heaven, a fortified military compound, to destroy a mysterious superweapon known as "Metal Gear".

Remake made by modders with Konami's blessing in the works.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

http://www.highlightpress.com/1987-metal-gear-reboot-authorized-by-konami-and-its-gonna-be-free/18109/ed-jones

A group of modders are working on bringing back the game that started all this madness and Konami gave them the go ahead on the condition that the game is free.

Given that they're still looking for people to work on it it's unlikely we see the results for a very long time but at the very least they aren't at any risk of being shutdown by a lawsuit either. We also don't know anything about what the game might look like.

I wonder if this means Konami is not interested in ever producing a remake of their own which i assumed would be an easy way for them to eventually close the loop at some point after MGS5.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Close the loop? The loop will never ever be closed as long as the games still make money

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I'm pretty sure that the only way we're ever getting a proper remake of Metal Gear is if Kojima barges into a meeting one day and says that they're remaking Metal Gear.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love for this to happen but it will probably just crash and burn like 99% of the fan projects on the internet.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@hailinel: Wouldn't remaking MG1 and 2 one the easiest way for them to make more Metal Gear without Kojima? You know in the event he does in fact stop making Metal Gear games after saying he's done about 50 times already. Seems to me making a sequel without Kojima would be a harder sell than a remake.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can get down with that...

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd be totally down for official remakes of MG 1 and 2. Hopefully that day will come. ;_;

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that MGS6 would be remakes of the the 2 originals. It seemed obvious that's where this was going, but maybe not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.