Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Coverage?

dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dunc12

Wasn't some sort of coverage of this game promised in last weeks I Love Mondays? I was so looking forward to that...what happened?

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By louiedog

This seems like a Dave game. Maybe he didn't have the time with all of the site stuff last week. Hopefully it's still coming, because I'd like to see a quick look of this.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @louiedog: Probably a little early for a quick look, but I bet some sort of media blitz is about to hit for this game.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy

This game has been in development for a while... let's hope it delivers. The studio is one I'm not familiar with, but then again, so was Rocksteady before Batman :D

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By louiedog
    @sodiumCyclops:  Oh, I just looked it up and see it's out in March. For some reason I thought it was out this month. So yeah, too early for a Quick Look. I don't know then.
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @louiedog said:
    " @sodiumCyclops:  Oh, I just looked it up and see it's out in March. For some reason I thought it was out this month. So yeah, too early for a Quick Look. I don't know then. "
    Really? March? we have barely seen anything for this game. I can almost taste a delay announcement.
    jasonlblair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By jasonlblair

The Metro 2033 Twitter feed shot off quite a few different links to coverage on other sites last week so, while maybe not a media blitz, it is getting coverage.

I'm looking forward to some Metro 2033 coverage here as well. I was disappointed we didn't see anything last week.

dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dunc12
    @louiedog: Actually, you're probably right. good thinking.
    Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nekroskop

Giant Bomb just doesn't like broken-ass Russian games. They haven't even mentioned the new Stalker game(I haven't listened to this weeks podcast)
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By jkz
    @sodiumCyclops said:
    " @louiedog said:
    " @sodiumCyclops:  Oh, I just looked it up and see it's out in March. For some reason I thought it was out this month. So yeah, too early for a Quick Look. I don't know then. "
    Really? March? we have barely seen anything for this game. I can almost taste a delay announcement. "
    There was some coverage on other sites; lots of them (joystiq, destructoid, probably more) went and played parts of the game.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By thatfrood

I love my "broken-ass" Russian games that, through their bugs, have a fantastic atmosphere.
    And by now, with the Stalker complete mod, the game doesn't even break for me. So it's like one of my favorite games ever.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nekroskop
    @ThatFrood said:
    "I love my "broken-ass" Russian games that, through their bugs, have a fantastic atmosphere. And by now, with the Stalker complete mod, the game doesn't even break for me. So it's like one of my favorite games ever. "

I have the new game(Call of Pripyat) and it's amazing. Brand new locations too. None of that old recycling that was on Clear Sky. It doesn't even have that many bugs, which is amazing. 
    Maybe the devs finally realized that they needed beta-testers
    dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dunc12
    @ahaisthisourchance: I only wish I had a PC capable of running it smoothly =/ The original stalker was great, IMO 

and I wouldn't even consider this a broken-ass russian game. It's being published by THQ, so you would think it would have a higher profile (metro that is)
    Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nekroskop
    @dunc12 said:

" @ahaisthisourchance: I only wish I had a PC capable of running it smoothly =/ The original stalker was great, IMO  and I wouldn't even consider this a broken-ass russian game. It's being published by THQ, so you would think it would have a higher profile (metro that is) "

THQ published Stalker: Clear Sky, and we all know how that turned out... 
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By MrKlorox
    @ahaisthisourchance: Actually THQ only published Shadow of Chernobyl. Deep Silver was the publisher for Clear Sky.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Milkman

The week isn't over yet.

dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dunc12
    @Milkman: but last week is...we can always hope ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.