Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Dose disc copy use Steamworks?

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rb_man

I was thinking about getting this game off Amazon but then I saw the fat games for Games for Windows logo at the top.

Now I have read news articles saying it was Steamworks. So I am baffled is it steam works or no?

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Arebuckle

The game only installs into Steam, nowhere else. At least that's how it appears to me. The Games for Windows thing confused me when I was buying it too.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Yes, I bought it off Amazon then just inserted the Serial they gave me in to Steam and it activates right there so you can use Steam to download it.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By rb_man

@GentlemanlyGentleman: Oh cool thanks.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jazzycola

There's a difference between Games for Windows and Games for Windows Live. Games for Windows is just a way of saying it runs on Windows and meets MS requirements(gamepad support etc.). Games for Windows Live has the live logo right below the Games for Windows logo and as you know runs on MS's DRM.

Games for Windows Live
    Games for Windows Live
    Games for Windows
    Games for Windows

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.