Dose disc copy use Steamworks?

#1 Posted by rb_man (451 posts) -

I was thinking about getting this game off Amazon but then I saw the fat games for Games for Windows logo at the top.

Now I have read news articles saying it was Steamworks. So I am baffled is it steam works or no?

#2 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

The game only installs into Steam, nowhere else. At least that's how it appears to me. The Games for Windows thing confused me when I was buying it too.

#3 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Yes, I bought it off Amazon then just inserted the Serial they gave me in to Steam and it activates right there so you can use Steam to download it.

#4 Posted by rb_man (451 posts) -

@GentlemanlyGentleman: Oh cool thanks.

#5 Posted by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

There's a difference between Games for Windows and Games for Windows Live. Games for Windows is just a way of saying it runs on Windows and meets MS requirements(gamepad support etc.). Games for Windows Live has the live logo right below the Games for Windows logo and as you know runs on MS's DRM.

Games for Windows Live
Games for Windows

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.