Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

If its Hostile, You Kill It.(SPOILERS)

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kishan6

So i just finished the game and thought i was amazing.  However i have a couple questions about the ending. 
    1. Is the phrase at the end meaningful in the book or did i just miss something? 
    2.  I wasnt able to tell who gave me the revolver at a glance so who was it?

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Binman88

It was probably a reference to something in the book. I don't think it had been mentioned in the game prior to that. 

My interpretation of the quote, is that it was more of question to you for your final choice in the game. If you get the option for both endings, you basically decide the fate of the dark ones, so you have to determine whether or not the dark ones are indeed hostile, and whether or not you should kill them. 

I couldn't tell who the guy was either, but he could have just been some random dude embodying the somewhat ignorant idea that you can solve the world's problems with more violence, or, like I said above, he could just be any random dude to serve the purpose of posing that question to you. However, I'd assume it's the guy who was attacked by the flying demon near the top of the tower. I can't remember his name, and I could hardly tell them apart due to the helmets the guys were always wearing, and the very similar character design.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bane

I think Miller said that at some point.  Maybe before you left Polis?  I think it's the Ranger motto.

Here's the guy that gives you the gun.  He's not familiar to me. 

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FirePrince
    @Bane:
    I thought it was Hunter.Now that I look properly,he doesn't resemble anybody in the game.Anybody know him?
    pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pwnasaurus

you guys are getting stuck on the name of the man he isnt a man hes an embodment of ignorance and how the world got to be like this, violence begets violence and the phrase "if its hostile kill it" is at the very start of the game hunter says it. and yes it is the ranger motto
    Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bane

So is Hunter the man who gives you the gun?  They look similar:

Adiuvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Adiuvo

It's Hunter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.