Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Metro 2033 50% off on Steam

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By droop
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pweidman

I played Metro 2033 on the 360 and absolutely loved it, and I thought the shooting was fine.  The stealth opportunities and stealth weapons were even better.  The game doesn't hold your hand though, and that I loved as well.  I liked the story so much I bought the english translation of the book...it's good so far also btw.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By droop

Yeah, as I said I really enjoyed it. The only guns I didn't like were the shotguns, they look so powerful but the damage seems low.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Vorbis

Just picked it up, been on the fence after reading some reviews, even though I loved the book.

But for £15? sold.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Geno

I will get it at a later date once I upgrade to a DX11 card. 

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Demyx

Would buy, but my PC definitely can't handle it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

my PC ran it like shit so fuck M2033 for all i care

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Hitchenson

Oh man, this game looks phenomenal running with max everything in DX11. God bless this i7 930/5870 PC. Feels as if the guys behind STALKER made BioShock, which to me, is an amazing prospect and it's basically what I've got with this. I ended up buying Oblivion, Morrowind and Fallout 3 as well as this in this Steam sale. So I'd best finish Metro before I get too engrossed (yet again) in some glorious Bethesda games. And by that I mean -- spend 500 hours playing Morrowind.

@Ahmad_Metallic

said:

" my PC ran it like shit so fuck M2033 for all i care "

What an hilarious attitude. "LOL I CANT PLAY IT LOL FUCK IT."
    EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By EdIsCool
    @Hitchenson said:
    " Oh man, this game looks phenomenal running with max everything in DX11. God bless this i7 930/5870 PC. Feels as if the guys behind STALKER made BioShock, which to me, is an amazing prospect and it's basically what I've got with this. I ended up buying Oblivion, Morrowind and Fallout as well as this in this Steam sale. I'd best finish Metro before I get too engrossed (yet again) in some glorious Bethesda games. And by that I mean spend 500 hours playing Morrowind.

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

What an hilarious attitude. "LOL I CANT PLAY IT LOL FUCK IT." "
    it is ridiculous, but it is annoying that eastern block games are never optimized. Cryostasis,Stalker and this.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hitchenson
    @EdIsCool: Totally, but I'm willing to forgive them seeing as they tend to be pretty damn awesome. I've played so much STALKER: SoC recently, man, I love that game.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArchScabby
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    lol
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I choose not to get it, I am not sold on it. I'm sure it would make for some great screenshots I could post on the forum, however I don't care.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hitchenson
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

I choose not to get it, I am not sold on it. I'm sure it would make for some great screenshots I could post on the forum, however I don't care.

"
    You might well have said in the topic itself, but I'll ask anyway -- what program (if any) do you use to capture screens in games that don't have a screen feature? The only way I'm able to do it is to Print Screen and paste a single image, which is obviously less than ideal. I'd like to be able to contribute more to your PC Gaming Screen topic, but I'm not in the best position to do so. Now more than ever it would be good for me to know, so I could upload some screens of Metro running in maximum settings and DX11. Cheers.
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @Hitchenson:  The free trial of FRAPS let's you take screenshots. I was having a print screen problem where the picture would come out as a solid block of blackness, but FRAPS fixed that.
    I really wanted to buy all of the games on sale this weekend, but my kittens ripped apart my earbuds, and I bought a Blu Ray drive at the beginning of the week. Here's to hoping this sale happens again soon!
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HitmanAgent47

@Hitchenson: That's one of the methods, however I use a program call fraps, the full version because I can save jpegs with it. With this program you can also take videos of your game, which alot of ppl does on youtube for pc games. With it I assign a key to take screenshots when I play the game. All of these screenshots will be saved to a folder I choose. I can choose different type of screenshots like png or jpeg (which I use because it doesn't take alot of memory, you don't get that option with the free version) tiff, ect. What I do then is delete all the screenshots I know I won't post, leave all the best ones, then I upload it to the site.  

You can also use xfire for screenshots, however the quality imo isn't all that great.   

For the thread, i'll probally consider metro when I get a gtx470, can't find a good deal on that card yet. Or maybe not, i'm totally not sold on it, however lots of ppl on other sites posted really great screenshots at X1200 rez, I was suprised. It's no crysis in graphics, however it's still quite good though for a corridor shooter.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hitchenson
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan: @HitmanAgent47: Cheers to both of you. I'll be sure to download FRAPS then.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Hitchenson said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic
    said:

What an hilarious attitude. "LOL I CANT PLAY IT LOL FUCK IT." "
    thanks bby
    Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FakePlasticTree

Just bought this today. I was always interested in it, but I couldn't bring myself to pay the $50. But for $25 I'm willing to take the risk. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.