Metro "Last Light" E3 Teaser (and it's awesome)

#1 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

I have no idea what "Last Light" is (nor why it's not on our wiki yet), but damn does this trailer kick ass.

Can't wait for more Metro, what about you?
#2 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

HAHA FUCKING PORTISHEAD

#3 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I was a fan of Metro 2033.

#4 Posted by Franstone (1095 posts) -

Can't wait.
Metro 2033 had it's issues but was a great game.

#5 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Nice video. You can't really add much to the wiki if all we have is a teaser. 

#6 Edited by Eidderf (506 posts) -

The first game wasn't on the PS3 was it? Is it news that this one is? (there's a PS3 logo in the trailer)

Anyway it's cool looking trailer even it the environments look a little bland from this, still haven't got around to playing the first yet, I'll have to give it a go sometime.

#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6188 posts) -
@Eidderf: It wasn't no, and it seems this will be. 
#8 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

This just reminded me that I have Metro 2033 but have yet to start it. How long is it roughly?

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
  Can't wait for more Metro, what about you?
M2033 ran like shit on my PC, so i'm keeping the disk on the shelf until my Q3 upgrade
#10 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Awesome.

#11 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I'm definitely excited.

#12 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -
@XenoNick said:
This just reminded me that I have Metro 2033 but have yet to start it. How long is it roughly?
8-10 hours, probably
#13 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1352 posts) -

Metro 2033 was an under appreciated gem and I think the sequel is quite promising. I'm on-board. 

#14 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

That trailer was very, very cool.
Also, more Metro is awesome. Great game, great franchise.

#15 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@XenoNick said:
Took me 14 hours.
#16 Posted by Solh0und (1759 posts) -

Metro 2033 is for those that can't play the Stalker games on their PCs......like me! 

I have yet to get my hands on the first game but from what I've played. I'm impressed. 

#17 Posted by Vinny_Says (5691 posts) -

hope the option to play it in Russian returns.

#18 Posted by ZimboDK (848 posts) -

Bah, Metro 2033. That damn "whore" took my bullets. Beyond that I liked it though, except for the Librarians. AI on them was a bit wonky.

Trailer looks good though. Hype get!

#19 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -
@solh0und said:
Metro 2033 is for those that can't play the Stalker games on their PCs......like me!  I have yet to get my hands on the first game but from what I've played. I'm impressed. 
metro 2033 is more like cryostatis than stalker
#20 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -
@Franstone said:
Can't wait. Metro 2033 had it's issues but was a great game.
#21 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

to the TC, Last Light is the name of the sequell, they dropped the 2044

and that was an awesome teaser, even if i usually dislike trailers not showing gameplay, but this one was great. As a fan of the first one, im quite looking forward to this

#22 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

teaser? More like music video with concept art. 

#23 Edited by valrog (3671 posts) -
#24 Posted by Marz (5643 posts) -

I thought the game looked amazing when i played a small bit.  My GTX 480 struggles a bit at 1920x1200 so i have to drop resolution a notch to get decent FPS at max dx11 quality.  I should start it back up one day....

#25 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -
@valrog

Throughout the demo, there was an intriguing level of environmental destruction. Concrete cover blew out to reveal bare iron reinforcements and cardboard boxes caught light as flames spread through rooms. A chat with someone from 4A failed to clarify whether this is scripted or procedural, but either way it does imbue the world of Last Light with a satisfying physicality. It looks fantastic.

As does much of the rest of the demo. In terms of lighting it’s hard to think of anything that matches 4A’s proprietary game engine. Lights cast long shadows across the subterranean gloom of the underground. Candlelight silhouettes dance on the walls. Even more impressively, we’re assured that the demo was running on a “modest” PC set-up and that only very few of the flashy effects will have to be cut for consoles. It’s a tantalising promise.

That's from a preview over at X360achievements, full preview is here.
#26 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@CrazyChris: Wow. Sounds incredible. I'm glad that the protagonist remains Artyom.
#27 Posted by JeanLuc (3573 posts) -

I'm very interested in this game. I really wanted to like the Metro 2033 but a lot of its issues keep me from finishing it. Hopefully this one will fix those.

#28 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Goood goood classy trailer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.