Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Similar Games?

Jais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jais

I came out a very happy man after playing through Metro 2033. I loved almost everything in this game; The setting, story, gameplay, music, etc...  
     So I was wondering, are there any games that are similar to Metro 2033 that you guys think I would enjoy? 
    I know that the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games have a similar atmosphere and setting, and that the gameplay is reminiscent of the Half-Life games.  
     Any others?

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By thatfrood

Bioshock? Although not entirely, because in Bioshock you are always alone.

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ZmillA
    Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Kiemoe

Yeah, I was going to say Half-Life 2, but you beat me to it. Dave said it felt like Cryostasis to him in the quick look, so if you have a gaming PC, you could try that out.

Jais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jais
    @ThatFrood said:
    " Bioshock? Although not entirely, because in Bioshock you are always alone. "
    I've played the shit out of both Bioshock games already. They are some of my favorite games! :D
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jkz
    @Kiemoe said:

" Yeah, I was going to say Half-Life 2, but you beat me to it. Dave said it felt like Cryostasis to him in the quick look, so if you have a gaming PC, you could try that out. "

Yeah it's most directly reminiscent of the Half-Life series. If you haven't played them, HL2 and Ep.1/Ep.2 will give you a lot of value for your money, and have very similar story-telling methods to Metro. Other games with similar storytelling methods (which is what makes metro stand out) are probably games like Bioshock and its ilk. Fear has a bit of it too, but is much more shooter focused (okay, that's a long shot, but both FEAR and FEAR 2 are great games worth checking out).
    Jais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jais
    @ZmillA said:
    " fallout 3 lol
    I played Fallout 3 once. Never touched it again. 

@jukezypoo said:
    Yeah it's most directly reminiscent of the Half-Life series. If you haven't played them, HL2 and Ep.1/Ep.2 will give you a lot of value for your money, and have very similar story-telling methods to Metro. Other games with similar storytelling methods (which is what makes metro stand out) are probably games like Bioshock and its ilk. Fear has a bit of it too, but is much more shooter focused (okay, that's a long shot, but both FEAR and FEAR 2 are great games worth checking out). "
    I do have all the Half-Life games, except for the Gearbox expansions. A friend of mine has FEAR 2, maybe I'll borrow it from him sometime if he's in a good mood.  

@Kiemoe said:
    " Yeah, I was going to say Half-Life 2, but you beat me to it. Dave said it felt like Cryostasis to him in the quick look, so if you have a gaming PC, you could try that out. "
    Cryostasis seems like a game that would be right up my alley, alas... No gaming PC. D:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.