Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Stealth killz?

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By spaceturtle

First of, I gotta say so far I'm loving the game! I bearly have gotten to try it though. I spend about two and a half (men) hours on it yesterday so I'm fairly early out.

Anyways, I know there is possible to get stealth kills with throwing knifes. I guess if you equip a silencer to your gun you should be able to get stealth kills with that as well. But like I said, I'm early out so I got no cash for any silenced weapons yet. So I'm wondering if you guys know if there is a way to kill silently besides silenced weapons and throwing knifes. I have tried just normal knife attack but that doesnt seem to work.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By gosukiller

Your shotgun has a melee attack. If you charge it up and aim it at a guys head, it instantly kills him.
    At least on Normal it does.
    Also I wouldn't spend money on weapons, get ammo instead!

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Binman88

I wish you could use your knife for one hit kills if you got behind an enemy unnoticed (I just forked out 100 bullets for the stealth suit for just such manoeuvring). It seems so far that throwing knives are the quietest, but they're useless on fully armored enemies with massive helmets.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spaceturtle

The Van Halen-ish gun with the arrows seem to take out even armored guards with one shot if its pumped up to the max.

But, yeah, I agree. It would have been nice to be able to stealth kill with the knife. Cause you will always carry that with you. There is almost NO ammo lying around anywhere. So I often use the knife when in combat with the creatures. Doesnt work that well on human enemys with guns though... Esspecially when playing on hardcore.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Binman88

Ah yeah, almost forgot the arrow gun since dropping it in favour of a shotgun last night. The shotgun/bayonet melee attack is also a bit iffy. Seems very picky about where you aim it when you stab someone. If you miss the sweet spot, the enemy will shrug off the hit rather than dying, and proceed to raise the alarm.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Binman88

Just thought I'd add something to this. Further into the game you get a free silenced rifle with a laser for accuracy. You can take out any guard with a headshot, even the armoured helmet/googles wearing chaps, as their head is exposed at the rear, just under the helmet.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skytylz
    @SPACETURTLE said:
    " The Van Halen-ish gun with the arrows seem to take out even armored guards with one shot if its pumped up to the max.  But, yeah, I agree. It would have been nice to be able to stealth kill with the knife. Cause you will always carry that with you. There is almost NO ammo lying around anywhere. So I often use the knife when in combat with the creatures. Doesnt work that well on human enemys with guns though... Esspecially when playing on hardcore. "
    You mean van helsing? not van halen right?
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spaceturtle
    @Skytylz said:
    " @SPACETURTLE said:
    " The Van Halen-ish gun with the arrows seem to take out even armored guards with one shot if its pumped up to the max.  But, yeah, I agree. It would have been nice to be able to stealth kill with the knife. Cause you will always carry that with you. There is almost NO ammo lying around anywhere. So I often use the knife when in combat with the creatures. Doesnt work that well on human enemys with guns though... Esspecially when playing on hardcore. "
    You mean van helsing? not van halen right? "
    Eeeeeh.... Yes, good sir, you are 100% correct! I didnt even notice the awful mistake I made there...
    fang273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By fang273
    @SPACETURTLE said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    " @SPACETURTLE said:
    You mean van helsing? not van halen right? "
    Eeeeeh.... Yes, good sir, you are 100% correct! I didnt even notice the awful mistake I made there... "
    Not awful, awesome.
    torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By torus

WAIT A FUCKING SECOND- you can pump up the crossbow-thing? How the hell?

FaceInTheCrowd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By FaceInTheCrowd
    @torus said:
    " WAIT A FUCKING SECOND- you can pump up the crossbow-thing? How the hell? "
    on the 360,hold RB then use right trigger to pump
    torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By torus
    @FaceInTheCrowd said:
    " @torus said:
    on the 360,hold RB then use right trigger to pump "
    I'm on the PC :\
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Lunarbunny
    @torus said:
    " @FaceInTheCrowd said:
    " @torus said:
    I'm on the PC :\ "
    I haven't played too far, but it's probably the same as all the pneumatic weapons - hold R (or whatever your reload button is) then press Left Mouse (fire) to pump.
    pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pwnasaurus
    @torus said:
    " @FaceInTheCrowd said:
    " @torus said:
    I'm on the PC :\ "

hold down your reload button then press the fire button 
    decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By decibel
    @pwnasaurus: 
    Ya the game's hints do not make things like that painfully obvious unfortunately.

@gosukiller:
    I donno dude, you need to invest in better weapons. Forked out for that automatic shotgun and didn't regret it! Also, if you take your time and scavenge for bullets (corpses, hidden areas, etc) you won't ever feel like you are low on ammo.
    Garrison64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Garrison64

What difficulty are you guys on that are running out of ammo?  One of my few complaints about the game was that there was too much ammo lying around. I never one had to struggle with it or buy any. I had heaps of it shortly into my first playthrough on medium difficulty. I would hope it would be much scarcer on the highest difficulty but on medium there was more than I ever really needed. With 3 main weapons, explosives, throwing knives, and a back up knife I just don't see how anyone ever runs out of ammo. Just spend a few mins scavenging everywhere and I assure you there's plenty to be had and no reason to ever spend money on it.  The only weapon that was the way I felt it should be was the Van Helsing. Those arrows are much harder to come by. The bullets should have been the same way. Then you would really have to think about whether you wanted that shiny new weapon or the ammo needed to get you through the next area.
    Garrison64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Garrison64

Just finished my 2nd playthrough also on the middle difficulty. I didn't spend or use any of my pre-war bullets and I ended up with 682.  The Van Helsing is by far the best weapon for stealth kills. I didn't use it much my first playthrough but this time I used it a lot and I love it now. It's great being able to retrieve all my ammo after a kill and it is extremely powerful when it's pumped up all the way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.