Multiplayer removed, 100% single player focus

#1 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

This is probably best news I've heard all week. Developers decided to remove multiplayer from Metro: Last Light and channel all the resources into the single player experience (As it should be). What are your thoughts on this? Honestly, Metro: Last Light is one of the few games I'm actually looking forward to, and this is excellent news to me.

Source: http://enterthemetro.com/us/news/game_information/multiplayer_announcement_us/

#2 Posted by weirdo (149 posts) -

I didn't really mind the MP but this does mean more funding for the campaign!

#3 Posted by Genkkaku (738 posts) -

This is the first and last I'm hearing about the MP and I'm okay with that..

#4 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2132 posts) -
#5 Posted by Legend (2660 posts) -
@ShiftyMagician
This.
#6 Posted by Marz (5666 posts) -

great

#7 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1201 posts) -

and there was much rejoicing.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

I admit I kinda wanted to see it, but this really is great news.

#9 Posted by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

I'll put in my obligatory "remove multiplayer from 'X' game" comment by mentioning Dragon Age 3 and feel free to insert your own snide joke about EA here as well.

#10 Edited by pweidman (2349 posts) -

Good news/great decision. Putting all their resources into the sp campaign, in this specific game's case, is as it should be.

Loved the first game so I'm really looking forward to this.

#11 Posted by me3639 (1837 posts) -

Awesome.  Spec Ops was fine without mp, but they wasted their time and added after launch. It was horrible. NOT every game needs a mp component.

#12 Posted by BeachThunder (12276 posts) -

This is why we can have nice things. I'll have to get on to finishing 2033, before LL comes out.

#13 Posted by SaFt (385 posts) -

I'm totally fine with this. I don't really need another first person multiplayer shooter.

#14 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2029 posts) -

*victorious battle cries and trumpets*

The day is won.

Now, excuse me while I play 2033 for the fifth time.

#15 Posted by kindgineer (2789 posts) -

Meh. I don't live under this herd mentality that multi-player is the reason single-player suffers, but a generic clone in a saturated market getting cancelled is fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.