Shut your GOTY pie-holes and watch this Last Light Gameplay

#1 Posted by Vinny_Says (5632 posts) -

If you're one of the weirdos who hasn't played Metro 2033 yet it's time to rectify this. They are literally giving it out for free at this point....here's some gameplay of the sequel. If you ask me I'm way more excited for this than almost any other game in 2013.

Metro played great on both consoles and PC when it was released but this.....I dunno man....I just hope it's not an AC3 situation again where the console versions did not play well (not nearly as well as the AC2 trilogy).

Discuss!

#2 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

Goddamn, Metro 2033 is still in my backlog.. I should play it, shouldn't I?

#3 Posted by Humanity (7991 posts) -

If by played great you mean it had a broken stealth system and fucked up economy then yah it was perfect.

#4 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I'm good.

#5 Posted by Vinny_Says (5632 posts) -

@Humanity said:

If by played great you mean it had a broken stealth system and fucked up economy then yah it was perfect.

Oh my, so much cleverness in that post, your daddy must be proud. I'm obvioulsy talking about the technical aspects of the console version, and nowhere do I claim Metro 2033 is a perfect game.

#6 Posted by Humanity (7991 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: I wasn't trying to insult you or anything, it's just when you say it played perfect that carries certain implications with it and the gameplay in Metro 2033 was far from perfect. It was an interesting shooter with good atmosphere but the level design and game mechanics were far from perfect. I hope the sequel builds upon what the original started and is a much more competent game rather than an experience.

#7 Posted by Vinny_Says (5632 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@Vinny_Says: I wasn't trying to insult you or anything, it's just when you say it played perfect that carries certain implications with it and the gameplay in Metro 2033 was far from perfect. It was an interesting shooter with good atmosphere but the level design and game mechanics were far from perfect. I hope the sequel builds upon what the original started and is a much more competent game rather than an experience.

seriously dude, where is this mystical sentence where I say it was perfect? I'm simply worried that this late into the console cycle the framerate and such will suffer horribly like it does for certain games released these days. Game mechanics have nothing to do with it.

#8 Edited by Meltac (1901 posts) -

Loved the first, despite of its (rather big) faults and wrong turns, but the atmosphere and the world was just so complete that I could look past it. Hopefully they have fixed what didn't work in the first one.

#9 Posted by Humanity (7991 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: Hey I don't want to argue with you over wording - you didn't say anything about it being perfect, gotcha. Although I do recall while playing it on the 360 there were framerate issues in outside levels and various other situations, but hey I played it a while ago.

My favorite part was when I got checkpointed with a broken mask and get to replay an entire section because a cutscene would play out and I'd die without a new mask every time.

#10 Posted by Bones8677 (3171 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: I seem to recall Metro 2033 had pretty horrendous frame rate on the consoles.

#11 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2167 posts) -

Well I for one am looking forward to Metro: Last Light, it looks gorgeous, the stealth mechanics look interesting and I hope the game is much longer than the original as that last 2033 was really short.

#12 Posted by Zurv (414 posts) -

PC :)

#13 Edited by Video_Game_King (34642 posts) -

But I still have a few games from this year to play, like BioShock Infinite, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pandora's Tower, and maybe something else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.