Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro: Last Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 14, 2013

The sequel to the underground hit Metro 2033. Set in Moscow in the year 2034, the player will be caught between warring factions vying for a doomsday device.

This game isn't clicking with me one bit, but...

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I have a lot of respect for what they've done, especially in light of the news popping up surrounding 4A's budget and working conditions. I'd heard the PS3 version was buggy but so far it is perfectly smooth, with well-timed loading screens. Honestly, I feel bad for not enjoying it because I think their consistency of atmosphere is really impressive.

But man, I couldn't care less! It's all too drab. The environments are doing nothing for me. Yes, I realize they are supposed to be ugly, but still.

Anyways, just felt like venting a bit. Big ups to the hard workers at 4A, who have made a very tight, solid game. I just happen to not be a big fan of shooters, nor do I find the setting inspiring.

Shooter fans should definitely give it a shot. Seems super competent!

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

How far you get? I'm really enjoying it. Very atmospheric and a lot of cinematic sort of touches that I like... just simple things like opening doors or getting out of a vehicle is all animated so you don't just flop out into thin air like most games. Plus I'm playing on PC and the game is absolutely gorgeous. Some of the characters look stiff and weird but the environments and lighting is great.

I just got past a rail car sequence. There was a bit before that that kind of dragged on and I was getting a bit bored with it (you were escaping a certain area).

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Jaktajj

I think it's one of the best surprises this year. Fantastic atmosphere. Some genuinely scary and emotionally hard hitting moments. I'm around the same time that was in the quick look - and even though I saw all of the things in the quick look already, they still left an impact on me. Great stuff. Definitely going to be on my GOTY list.

owlmassive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I bought the game yesterday and sat for six hours solidly. And im really enjoying it there where a few problems in the beginning of my playthrough, where certain creatures should not of been flying through the air. but apart from that, its without a doubt very tense very atmospheric I do wish though when your in the markets you could interact more with the citizens like buy clothes or food. I would love it if they would ever think of doing this in the style of fallout or even skyrim because everything else about this game for tension and lighting is fantastic.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

@rainvillain: I all but forced myself to finish Metro 2033 and people hold that game in extremely high regards, for reasons I can't understand.

Different strokes for different folks, and were apparently totally stroking in the wrong direction.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@humanity said:

@rainvillain: I all but forced myself to finish Metro 2033 and people hold that game in extremely high regards, for reasons I can't understand.

Different strokes for different folks, and were apparently totally stroking in the wrong direction.

i also forced myself to finish 2033. really didn't care for it. thought it had some good ideas and a cool setting, but that was about it. however i just finished Last Light and i had the complete opposite reaction to that game. simply put i loved every moment of it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.