Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid Fusion

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 19, 2002

Metroid Fusion is a sidescrolling 2D action-game for the Game Boy Advance. Chronologically, it is the furthest point in the Metroid timeline.

Metroid Fusion: Vinyl Verdict

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 29

Edited By RAmpersaND

I'm one of those people who prefers short games with momentum over long games that drag, and fortunately, Fusion is one of the former. I beat the game in just four hours, but every minute was incredible. Plus, I found only half of the hidden suit upgrades, so I know that at least another hour's worth of exploration awaits.

The Good: The pacing and the graphics, as I mentioned before. The level design. The boss fights. This is Castlevania set on a space station overrun by aliens, and I don't know what more any self-respecting gamer could want.

The Bad: Some of the writing and/or translation work. Some of the trickier hidden passages. Honestly, the biggest "problem" that I have with this game is that it's only received one sequel in the eight years since its release.

The Stand-out Moment: Coming face to face at last with the abomination that is Nightmare.

The Verdict: 9.0 (out of 10)

I played this game for a second time because I remembered it being totally awesome. It still is.

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RAmpersaND

I'm one of those people who prefers short games with momentum over long games that drag, and fortunately, Fusion is one of the former. I beat the game in just four hours, but every minute was incredible. Plus, I found only half of the hidden suit upgrades, so I know that at least another hour's worth of exploration awaits.

The Good: The pacing and the graphics, as I mentioned before. The level design. The boss fights. This is Castlevania set on a space station overrun by aliens, and I don't know what more any self-respecting gamer could want.

The Bad: Some of the writing and/or translation work. Some of the trickier hidden passages. Honestly, the biggest "problem" that I have with this game is that it's only received one sequel in the eight years since its release.

The Stand-out Moment: Coming face to face at last with the abomination that is Nightmare.

The Verdict: 9.0 (out of 10)

I played this game for a second time because I remembered it being totally awesome. It still is.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I really liked the GBA metroids, it's too bad they didn't continue with the 2D format into the DS era. Not that Hunters was bad, but it wasn't nearly as good as Fusion or Zero. I suppose that is mostly because it was trying to be something it couldn't be. Prime. 

Fun Fact: Zero Mission came with the original Metroid on the cart. Nintendo also sold the orignal Metroid as an individual cart around the same time for $20.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By StarFoxA
    @LordXavierBritish: I wish I had purchased the Classic NES Series Metroid... I somehow ended up with Zelda II.
    RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RAmpersaND
    @LordXavierBritish: I think I'm actually going to re-play Zero Mission next. I'd like to compare the two titles again.

@StarFoxA: If the original Metroid is anything like I remember, you didn't miss out on much!
    awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By awadnin

I just finished this game, I played it with my 3DS. great game I wish Nintendo make a new Metroid 2D for 3DS.

Wesker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Wesker411
    @awadnin said:

I just finished this game, I played it with my 3DS. great game I wish Nintendo make a new Metroid 2D for 3DS.

This +100000000000000000000. Side scrolling 3D Metroid would be so kick ass. Just as long as Samus doesn't feel the need to share her inner most feelings. Samus, you take off your helmet to stand there and look pretty and bad ass for about 10-20 seconds while I save the game. Then you put it back on and let me go blast some badass looking aliens.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.