Yes.

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

Damn near any game is worth it at $7.

#6 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

Damn near any game is worth it at $7.

Alpha Protocol man.

#7 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Absolutely not. It's one of the worst games this generation.

Really, really awful.

#8 Posted by BisonHero (6540 posts) -

Not really.

Imagine this game was free. Even then, it would still cost you like 10-20 hours, depending on how much you backtrack for upgrades, and how often you get stuck. The game isn't buggy or anything, but I don't think it's interesting enough to even be worth your 10-20 hours. The gameplay is fine, but rather simple. The boss encounters are unmemorable. The English-language writing and acting are not very good at all. There are better games you could get for $7.

However, if you're the kind of person who would buy Duke Nukem Forever, just to see what everyone was talking about, then I guess you could buy Metroid: Other M. If you're curious to see if the story is really as lame as everyone says, then go for it, I guess.

#9 Edited by Nymphonomicon (97 posts) -
#10 Posted by Dalai (7031 posts) -

It's $7 good, hell it's even $20 good. However, it was not $50 good.

#11 Posted by mariokart64fan (366 posts) -

i can't believe people complain

first is why isnt any nintendo game cost less then 50 then when there is one you say its not worth it but then dont ever ask why is call of duty mw 2 and black ops still sell for 60 bucks even with mw 3 out , no one complains ,

any game that is 7 bucks is worth it

#12 Posted by OldManLight (847 posts) -

saw this at best buy for around the same price, my guess is nintendo is clearing the market of metroid, kinda like they did with the prime trilogy sku

#13 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Where's Hailinel at when you need him?

#14 Posted by Chemin (632 posts) -

I would say it's worth it. If you have time, since it's dirt cheap. It's not a great game.

#15 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

It's not a good game. And when I say, "Not a good game," I mean that it is literally offensive to me as a Metroid fan.

#16 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

It's not worth it...yep not even for $7.

#17 Posted by spankingaddict (2674 posts) -

Yeah , its worth it ... just don't expect too much from it ...

#18 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@Claude said:

Where's Hailinel at when you need him?

I don't have a sixth sense, Claude. I just found this thread. :P

But yes, it's well worth seven bucks. I would pay seven times that mount, actually, plus change and tax.

#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13206 posts) -

Meanwhile, the Metroid Prime Trilogy collection for Wii is quickly approaching $200- is that worth it? Probably.

#20 Posted by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -

Not worth it, because it will still cost you time to play it. That is something you will never, ever get back.

#21 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@IBurningStar said:

Not worth it, because it will still cost you time to play it. That is something you will never, ever get back.

Not spending time playing a good game sounds like a waste to me.

(I will fight every single one of you. I've done it before. I can do it again!)
#22 Posted by blueinferno (453 posts) -

Bought it for 10 dollars at Future Shop back in September, still haven't played it.

#23 Posted by ahgunsillyo (453 posts) -

I bought it when it came out, and I thought it was pretty good. I think it's worth $7, if not more.

#24 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

I think the game is worth it. Even at $20 it's worth it.

I'd like to also point out that I'm disappointed in this community. You guys point out that buying used games is bad. That not paying the publishers and developers what they deserve is bad. Yet, when it comes to a game that is not flawed at all, that just apparently has a bad story, then it's just not even worth $7. What is wrong with you people?

#25 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Personally I wouldn't pay someone $7 to jam a screwdriver up my cock and tear my urethra out through my dick hole but that's just, like, my opinion man.

#26 Edited by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

I personally really enjoyed the game. It took a little while to get used to the controls, but after that it was a lot of fun. It is only $7 man, what is the worst that can happen - I bought Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for $5 and hated every last second of the 2 hours I endured, so I lost $5, but no regrets. You won't know if you like it or not unless you play it. Don't listen to the naysayers.

#27 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

What the hell...

You people are fucking insane, Other M is a great game and totally worth the price.
You can discuss the story isn't all that or the way they went with Samus, sure, go right ahead!

But the gameplay is solid, fluid and a good lot of fun.

#28 Edited by xyzygy (9997 posts) -

I fucking loved the game. So yes. Get it now. They turned Samus into a completely self-loathing, sadistic and truly psychologically twisted protagonist, which I found was a major surprise and was a great alternative to the "Oh she's a great person, look at her helping those people, what a hero" route.

I am so goddam sick of the "buddy-buddy" personalities game heroes have (Nathan Drake is the biggest culprit), that Samus' completely religious and unhealthy dedication to a certain character in the game is kind of seriously awesome.

#29 Edited by MetalBaofu (1389 posts) -

I'd say so. I never bought it myself, but I rented it back when it first came out and enjoyed it.

Edit: I just noticed this thread is over a month old...

#30 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

Anybody else think it's disgusting that it only costs one dollar to get a new copy instead of a used one?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.