Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid: Other M

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

Set between the events of Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, Other M follows Samus Aran on a rescue mission to a derelict ship in deep space where she encounters her former commanding officer and a whole host of old and new trouble.

Metroid Other M Preview

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Open them in new window for full size. I don't think there's (m)any stuff that wasn't in the videos. Some interesting details from Sakamoto though.

- "It's certainly possible that in the future we'll go back to another 2-D Metroid using some of the ideas that have been generated on this Other M project. So please don't get the idea that this is the end of 2-D Metroid games."

- "There were certainly some members on staff who weren't entirely comfortable with committing us to a single control scheme, so they would ask questions like, "Couldn't we just make it possible to connect the Nunchuk and have an alternate control scheme in the game?" But I felt like that was essentially the wrong way to think about it. Like if you have to tack on other options like that, then you really are admitting defeat as a game designer. ...I felt like I really needed to prove something about why this was correct for the Samus universe in the first place."

- "We (Nintendo) would set forth a lot of design limitations where we'd say, "This is what a Metroid level looks like," and set those forward as prescribed ways of doing things for a Metroid game, but these guys (Team Ninja) had all of their own ideas from working on so many 3-D games recently that there was the opportunity for a lot of fermentation between the conflict of our two ideas. During the development process, I was going to Tecmo every single week to play the latest build, and I was shocked by how much the level-design concepts were changing and evolving."

- "I've come to think of her (Samus) almost as a daughter. I helped her grow up and I want to take her to as many high places as possible. I want to make sure that when she's in a game, she always has the chance to look cool and look really beautiful, and also that she has the opportunity to experience new challenges. So her development as a character is really the most important thing to me, and as I mentioned, this is a "serious touch" game. It might sound strange that I have such strong feelings for the heroine of a game, but I hope those feelings aren't out of place."

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Like if you have to tack on other options like that, then you really are admitting defeat as a game designer.

Exactly what I think whenever I hear "this game supports the classic controller". Good thing they didn't do that.

sawfish22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By sawfish22

Sweeeeeeet!!!   I'll download and read this later.  I don't feel like paying for Nintendo Power anymore cause that magazine ain't so good anymore (not sure if you heard).

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

If it's not so good anymore then how is this feature "sweeeeeeet"?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.