METROID Other M - Website Launch

#1 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
Japanese official website.
US official website.
They're not really open yet, but you can listen to some voice overs, music, and view a teaser video.

Blurb: Metroid™: Other M, the incredible new Metroid game developed for Wii through a collaboration by Nintendo and the world-renowned Team Ninja, launches June 27. The game looks at the classic franchise from a new perspective: While much of the game is reminiscent of 2-D side-scrollers, players can switch the perspective into 3-D at any time as they explore the twisting passages of a derelict space station and delve deep into a cinematic, never-before-told story of bounty hunter Samus Aran’s past. This new approach uses a new control scheme in which players use the Wii Remote™ controller held sideways to battle enemies and navigate the expansive, gorgeous environments in classic Metroid fashion, then aim at the screen with the Wii Remote pointer to blast foes in first-person and hunt the world for clues and hidden passages.

Product page.
#2 Posted by kid9bit (56 posts) -

Like the music, makes it feel like it will be epic. However I hope it won't be disappointing.

#3 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" The AUS Nintendo Media Summit is happening right now and while no major announcements were made (big sales, big campaign planned for MH3, bundle with CC Pro for 99.95 AUD, Black Wii on March 11)  ONM editor Mark Serrels mentioned that Metroid will be shown at tommorow's USA Media Summit. Yay! "
You're shitting me. Really? Guess I better be "sick" tomorrow. What time?
#4 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

O.O

#5 Posted by Dalai (6876 posts) -
@Al3xand3r: It's gonna be an awesome summer.
#6 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" Fuck!

Both Super Mario Galaxy 2, follow-up to 2007's smash platformer, as well as Metroid: Other M (Team Ninja's take on the seminal sci-fi adventure/platformer) are both due for release between June and August this year.

Nintendo Australia's Greg Arthurton reiterated that both titles were most definitely not holiday season releases. This leaves an interesting vacancy for 'other' major releases over this period, we'd speculate.

"
Hm? I thought we pretty much knew that? At least this whole "both MOM and SMG2 are summer releases" business sounds very familiar to me.
#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11255 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" Wonder what they have for the holidays. Or if they'll do another portable Metroid as well, they worked out well on GBA. "
Yes! I very much would like a proper 2D Metroid for DS. Fusion was great.

I doubt it will happen though :(
#8 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

After looking at those screenies, I lost all hope.  How can a game be playable if the graphics look like shit?  The Wii is doomed failure of Casual games galore. 

Anyways, I am looking forward to this game.  Although I wonder, are they going for a more cinematic design of gameplay?

#9 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Wut? That looks great to me, that's more or less how I would imagine 3D Metroid if the Prime series never existed. Could use more polish yet though. Edit: Oh.

#10 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

Can't wait for this! 

2010 is really shaping-up to be an amazing freaking year for gaming... just wish I had time to play them all. 

#11 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
#12 Posted by project343 (2807 posts) -

What do we know about the name? So far, both the logo and the name itself are leaving a lot to be desired. It sounds like it still hasn't been officially named, and the current title is simply a placeholder.

#13 Posted by xyzygy (9607 posts) -

Oh my hell... what is up with that pale guy's nose on the bottom left picture!!?? 

#14 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

It's not polite to stare! If it fits in the helmet then it's not too big!

#15 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

So from an article on Kotaku Nintendo says there will be voice acting and an engaging backstory for the finding in the game, if that pans out well this could be the Metroid game I've wanted my whole life. Always thought the Metroid universe was cool but not ultra fleshed out well or anything, this could be sweet.

#16 Posted by TinaWood (116 posts) -

I love Metroid, Super's my favourite, if it's anything like that game I'll be very happy. I hope it comes out soon.

#17 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: WOw, music is great
#18 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@TinaWood said:
" I love Metroid, Super's my favourite, if it's anything like that game I'll be very happy. I hope it comes out soon. "
End of June, they say. I'm willing to believe it.
#19 Posted by Willy105 (4686 posts) -

Best CGI Nintendo has ever done, especially since they barely ever do it.

#20 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
" Best CGI Nintendo has ever done, especially since they barely ever do it. "

Nintendo never made it, D Rockets did.
#21 Posted by Dalai (6876 posts) -

They completely remade the single best moment I've ever experienced in a video game. That's beyond awesome!

#22 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

I'd love to see some gameplay ....

#23 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Interview 

#24 Posted by CaptainObvious (2981 posts) -

Remember him?

#25 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
#26 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Teaser from the US site, higher quality version there.

And gameplay trailer:
#27 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

The Japanese site has the teaser as well now, with the Jap voice overs obviously. Tis neat but otherwise the same... Need gameplay...

#28 Posted by GetEveryone (4454 posts) -

Ah....aaaaah.....AAAAAAAAAAHH

Going to buy a Wii for this and the Prime trilogy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.