Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid: Other M

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

Set between the events of Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, Other M follows Samus Aran on a rescue mission to a derelict ship in deep space where she encounters her former commanding officer and a whole host of old and new trouble.

Nintendo trying to figure out what went wrong

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By KingBroly
    MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MisterChief

They let Team Ninja write a video game story.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By nintendoeats

Because even though I am interested in the game, Nintendo has alienated me to the extent that I don't even look at the Wii or DS sections when I walk into a game store. I'm assuming that this applies to most of Metroid's audience.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emilio

I liked it. The game play is solid.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

I'm surprised their sales expectations were that high taking into consideration how many other games are selling recently.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KingBroly
    @MisterChief said:
    " They let Team Ninja write a video game story. "
    Uh...no they didn't.
    MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MisterChief
    @KingBroly said:
    " @MisterChief said:
    Uh...no they didn't. "
    Who wrote it? From what I've heard the main complaints lie with the story.
    damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By damnboyadvance

Inb4womenjokes.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel
    @MisterChief said:
    " @KingBroly said:
    " @MisterChief said:
    Uh...no they didn't. "
    Who wrote it? From what I've heard the main complaints lie with the story. "

The story was conceived by Metroid creator Yoshio Sakamoto.  Scripting and cutscenes were all handled by D-Rockets, the comany which did all of the work on the game's narrative presentation.  Team Ninja only worked directly on the gameplay aspects of Other M. 

And I never found anything dreadfully wrong with the game or its story.  It's disappointing that it didn't sell gangbusters because I think it really does deserve it.  And the user comments attached to that Kotaku article are all over the damn place.  Outside of the relatively few, calm posts that either give reasoned critique of the game's faults or praises of what the game did right, it's a lot of posts written by people that never had any intent in playing the game, posted to say that they would have bought the game if it wasn't on the Wii, or use absurdist hyperbole in exaggerating what the game did wrong, or making statements that are just completely 100% inaccurate.  (There aren't any Metroids in the game?  Really, guy?  You obviously didn't beat it.) 

In short, there are myriad reasons why people either loved or hated the game, but they get lost in the white noise of retarded internet commentary.  Other M may not be the best game ever, or even the best Metroid ever, but it's not an abomination of gameplay or presentation.  The truth of its quality lies somewhere in the middle, and Nintendo would be foolish to base their analysis on the bleeting herds of internet assholes raging on the internet about it.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KingBroly

The BIG problems with the game is the story and dialog.  There are a lot of plot points that go nowhere and are unexplained, sometimes even unapologetic, and the dialog is extremely cheesy at times to the point of Resident Evil on Playstation, maybe even more.

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By GenghisJohn

Its not because anyone who owns a wii only plays wii bowling?

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By stinky

would assume Wii audience and shooter don't mix to make a blockbuster. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hailinel
    @KingBroly said:
    " The BIG problems with the game is the story and dialog.  There are a lot of plot points that go nowhere and are unexplained, sometimes even unapologetic, and the dialog is extremely cheesy at times to the point of Resident Evil on Playstation, maybe even more. "
    Such as?

Also, if you're comparing the voice acting to the Playstation version of Resident Evil, you haven't played Resident Evil in a long time.  You're overreacting and resorting to ridiculous hyperbole.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrKlorox

Almost no exploration/discovery made it nearly exempt from being a Metroidvania styled game. The only thing that did make it one was the "abilities as keys" element, which neither recent Castlevanias have even had.

Lords of Shadow and Castlevania HD are not Metroidvania games and that is why they specifically can be passed on. At least Other M tried.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I loved the gameplay except for the weird photo hunt parts.  As for the story it did kind of ruin the mythos behind Samus and made her less of a bad ass kind of like when Wolverine got his memories back and then was in one the worst movies ever made.   
    I thought Metroid never did well in Japan but was huge in the States so Nintendo and their infinite wisdom handed off development to the very Japanese Team Ninja. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel
    @MrKlorox said:

" Almost no exploration/discovery made it nearly exempt from being a Metroidvania styled game. The only thing that did make it one was the "abilities as keys" element, which neither recent Castlevanias have even had.  Lords of Shadow and Castlevania HD are not Metroidvania games and that is why they specifically can be passed on. At least Other M tried. "

Other M's manner of progression actually isn't all that dissimilar from Metroid Fusion.  Like Other M, it restricted where Samus could go at any given time for the purposes of the narrative.

@bartok said:
    " I loved the gameplay except for the weird photo hunt parts.  As for the story it did kind of ruin the mythos behind Samus and made her less of a bad ass kind of like when Wolverine got his memories back and then was in one the worst movies ever made.    I thought Metroid never did well in Japan but was huge in the States so Nintendo and their infinite wisdom handed off development to the very Japanese Team Ninja.  "

Team Ninja was selected specifically by Yoshio Sakamoto for developing the game because of their action game pedigree.  He felt that they were a studio well suited to the type of game he wanted to make.  Nationality of the developer was not a consideration.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KingBroly
    @Hailinel said:
    " @KingBroly said:
    " The BIG problems with the game is the story and dialog.  There are a lot of plot points that go nowhere and are unexplained, sometimes even unapologetic, and the dialog is extremely cheesy at times to the point of Resident Evil on Playstation, maybe even more. "
    Such as?  Also, if you're comparing the voice acting to the Playstation version of Resident Evil, you haven't played Resident Evil in a long time.  You're overreacting and resorting to ridiculous hyperbole. "
    First off, not the voice acting, the LINES.  "I Knew it to be true but I couldn't help but look to my palm for a sign."  "Peoples' memories of Metroids and Space Pirates grew nebulous over time...I altered the course of my ship as if this was already part of my flight plan."  "The Deleter."  Seriously?  Seriously?  That plot line goes nowhere.  Then there's questions about how the old General knew Samus was on the ship and performed "admirably."  After that, there's the issue about tying all of the themes together, which isn't done, but could easily be done.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hailinel
    @KingBroly said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @KingBroly said:
    Such as?  Also, if you're comparing the voice acting to the Playstation version of Resident Evil, you haven't played Resident Evil in a long time.  You're overreacting and resorting to ridiculous hyperbole. "
    First off, not the voice acting, the LINES.  "I Knew it to be true but I couldn't help but look to my palm for a sign."  "Peoples' memories of Metroids and Space Pirates grew nebulous over time...I altered the course of my ship as if this was already part of my flight plan."  "The Deleter."  Seriously?  Seriously?  That plot line goes nowhere.  Then there's questions about how the old General knew Samus was on the ship and performed "admirably."  After that, there's the issue about tying all of the themes together, which isn't done, but could easily be done. "
    As clunky as the English dialogue may be, there is nothing, nothing in the game that is as hideously awkward or absurd as the Jill sandwich line or any of the other ineptly translated dialogue that Resident Evil is known for.  Once again, you're overreacting.

And the Deleter plotline was resolved.  It isn't spelled out in an "Aha!" moment that Phoenix Wright would be proud of.  It occurs through the process of elimination that we as the player are to interpret by paying attention to how things play out.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Romination

My biggest problem with the game, from what I saw, really, was the missile thing an how you had to be stationary and the fact that a lot of the shots homed.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hailinel
    @Romination said:
    " My biggest problem with the game, from what I saw, really, was the missile thing an how you had to be stationary and the fact that a lot of the shots homed. "
    I have never once understood the "ZOMG why can't I fire missiles and move at the same time?!" argument.  The game was designed in such a way that firing missiles from a stationary position is a viable action that doesn't hinder combat.  You just need to be sensible and not stand right next to the boss when you're trying to light him up.
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Romination
    @Hailinel: I'm thinking that complaint only exists because Prime exists.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By LiquidPrince

I didn't realize anything had gone wrong... The game seemed pretty awesome to me...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hailinel
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " I didn't realize anything had gone wrong... The game seemed pretty awesome to me... "
    I think the "gone wrong" statement is just Kotaku's wording for the sake of attracting clicks.

@Romination said:
    " @Hailinel: I'm thinking that complaint only exists because Prime exists. "

True, though everyone should realize that Other M isn't trying to be a Prime game.  It's a different style of game with its own set of gameplay rules.

It actually makes me sad to think of how many Metroid fans out there may have only touched the Prime series and have never so much as touched even the more recent 2D entries like Fusion or Zero Mission.
    moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By moelarrycurly

The game was pretty good, but I feel like it was too damn experimental for most people.  It's not really a shooter, not really a pure action game, and not even a strictly Metroid-esque game, even though at the end of the day it is Metroid.  Not as good as Prime by any means.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By apathylad

Not this debate again...I'm still confused how people argue that Samus was a strong female character prior to Other M, when most games didn't flesh out much of a persona (like most Nintendo characters). 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hailinel
    @moelarrycurly said:
    " The game was pretty good, but I feel like it was too damn experimental for most people.  It's not really a shooter, not really a pure action game, and not even a strictly Metroid-esque game, even though at the end of the day it is Metroid.  Not as good as Prime by any means. "
    By what criteria do you compare Other M to Prime?
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Romination
    @Hailinel: Those 2D ones were great. And the 2D parts of Other M seemed great too, whereas the 3D parts didn't seem bad. I think that a lot of the press' views on the game came off as overly-negative to how they actually felt about it, so it made people reading go "oh so I can skip this then"
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KingBroly
    @Hailinel said:
    " @KingBroly said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @KingBroly said:
    First off, not the voice acting, the LINES.  "I Knew it to be true but I couldn't help but look to my palm for a sign."  "Peoples' memories of Metroids and Space Pirates grew nebulous over time...I altered the course of my ship as if this was already part of my flight plan."  "The Deleter."  Seriously?  Seriously?  That plot line goes nowhere.  Then there's questions about how the old General knew Samus was on the ship and performed "admirably."  After that, there's the issue about tying all of the themes together, which isn't done, but could easily be done. "
    As clunky as the English dialogue may be, there is nothing, nothing in the game that is as hideously awkward or absurd as the Jill sandwich line or any of the other ineptly translated dialogue that Resident Evil is known for.  Once again, you're overreacting.

And the Deleter plotline was resolved.  It isn't spelled out in an "Aha!" moment that Phoenix Wright would be proud of.  It occurs through the process of elimination that we as the player are to interpret by paying attention to how things play out.

"
    It's bad storytelling, plain and simple.   As far as I'm concerned, Other M's main theme should've been REDEMPTION.  After inadvertently getting a whole bunch of people killed at the start of Super, Samus now seems to reclaim her lost identity as a hero somehow.  Adam then guides her back to that shining city on a hill after telling her that a hero does what is necessary to preserve life.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hailinel
    @Romination said:
    " @Hailinel: Those 2D ones were great. And the 2D parts of Other M seemed great too, whereas the 3D parts didn't seem bad. I think that a lot of the press' views on the game came off as overly-negative to how they actually felt about it, so it made people reading go "oh so I can skip this then" "
    True.  Brad's review was a positive one, and even he seemed to have trouble succinctly describing how the game played and how it felt to play it.  And the preview articles on the internet didn't do it any favors either, given that many of the editors responsible seemed baffled by what they were playing.  I remember Jeff's preview had the tone of "I was expecting Metroid Gaiden and what is this?"

@Apathylad said:
    " Not this debate again...I'm still confused how people argue that Samus was a strong female character prior to Other M, when most games didn't flesh out much of a persona (like most Nintendo characters).  "

Also true.  Some people can't seem to separate their imagined perception of what they thought Samus was from the creator's own vision of who she actually is.  And when Samus didn't turn out to be the tough-as-nails space warrior that they envisioned, it summoned an internet shitstorm.
    moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By moelarrycurly
    @Hailinel said:
    " @moelarrycurly said:
    " The game was pretty good, but I feel like it was too damn experimental for most people.  It's not really a shooter, not really a pure action game, and not even a strictly Metroid-esque game, even though at the end of the day it is Metroid.  Not as good as Prime by any means. "
    By what criteria do you compare Other M to Prime? "
    Atmosphere and gameplay, mostly.   

The Prime series has undoubtedly some of the greatest atmospheric settings of any series.  The landscapes are totally varied, but none seemed arbitrary.  The lighting was impeccable, and Retro did a great job of emoting that old Metroid vibe while still delivering a new experience in every way.  Sure, the formula got a little stale by 3, but that was still an amazing game by any metric (or at least mine). 

The gameplay in the GameCube Primes took a bit of getting used to because of the single-stick first-person control.  I still think that it was better than Other M though, which basically involved tapping the d-pad as rapidly as possible in order to dodge everything.  My biggest beef with Other M was flipping the Wiimote in order to shoot missiles in first-person.  The game should have used the nunchuk, period.  Then you could just press a button to go into first person, and it would a smoother experience overall.  Out of any of the 3D Metroids, Prime 3 definitely has the best control, but that's mainly due to the use of the Wii as a pointer (and I assume the other Primes play just as well on the Wii too). 

Finally, I thought that Other M, while unique, looked ugly compared to the others.  Prime 1 and 2 still look really good, and 3 is straight-up gorgeous despite the fact that it's only 480p.  I thought that Other M had a lot of aliasing and a bland color scheme.  It was still a decent game, but not as good. 

Feel free to disagree though.  Other M isn't by any means bad, just... different.
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Romination
    @Hailinel: Would you say development by Team Ninja hurt it then? 
    After all, if previews get into "WHY ISN'T THIS JUST NINJA GAIDEN" like that, it proves that their other efforts made people think they were only able to do one thing, and were then confused when it wasn't that one thing and weren't able to adjust.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hailinel
    @Romination said:
    " @Hailinel: Would you say development by Team Ninja hurt it then? After all, if previews get into "WHY ISN'T THIS JUST NINJA GAIDEN" like that, it proves that their other efforts made people think they were only able to do one thing, and were then confused when it wasn't that one thing and weren't able to adjust. "
    No, I wouldn't say that.  I feel that Team Ninja did a fine job.  It's just that people went in with preconceived notions of how the game played that turned out to be completely inaccurate.  The game plays just fine; if people couldn't adjust to the fact that it isn't Ninja Gaiden or that it isn't Metroid Prime, that's not Team Ninja's fault.  If Bungie's next game isn't a first-person shooter, should people necessarily flip the hell out?  No, of course not.

@moelarrycurly: Fair enough.  Your thoughts on this matter are far more organized and reasoned than many when it comes to this subject.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hailinel
    @KingBroly said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @KingBroly said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @KingBroly said:

"
    It's bad storytelling, plain and simple.   As far as I'm concerned, Other M's main theme should've been REDEMPTION.  After inadvertently getting a whole bunch of people killed at the start of Super, Samus now seems to reclaim her lost identity as a hero somehow.  Adam then guides her back to that shining city on a hill after telling her that a hero does what is necessary to preserve life. "
    Why?  Samus did nothing to kill the researchers at the Ceres Space Colony.  Did she perform an illegal act in transporting the Metroid?  Yes, but she didn't mean anything hostile by it.  The scientists willingly took on the task of looking after and researching the Metroid, and if the Galactic Federation government really wanted to, they could have prosecuted Samus for her breaking the law then and there, but they chose to look the other way on that matter.  The Galactic Federation had the ability to stop the research then and there, and they chose not to.

There was nothing about her identity as a hero that was lost.  We see as much at the start of Other M.  She destroyed Mother Brain, stopped the space pirates, and to her knowledge killed Ridley and saw the last Metroid die.  Mission complete.  The Galactic Federation gave her what she was due for her success, and she moved on with her life.  If anything would potentially cause trouble for her, it's the threat of an investigation and possible trials that could result in the aftermath of Fusion, which chronologically takes place after Other M.  Samus went against the Galactic Federation's desires in crashing the space station into SR388.

And once again, why?  You say it's bad storytelling based on my previous explanation, but you fail to elaborate and only state what you personally felt that the story should have been.
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Oldirtybearon

If Yoshiro Whateverthefuck wanted a template for a strong female action hero, he should've looked no farther than Ripley. She was quite feminine, but hot damn if she couldn't stomp bugs like nobodies business. 

That said, Japanese culture is incredibly oppressive towards women, so it doesn't surprise me to see Samus as a repressed and submissive person.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hailinel
    @KingWilly said:
    " If Yoshiro Whateverthefuck wanted a template for a strong female action hero, he should've looked no farther than Ripley. She was quite feminine, but hot damn if she couldn't stomp bugs like nobodies business.  That said, Japanese culture is incredibly oppressive towards women, so it doesn't surprise me to see Samus as a repressed and submissive person. "
    So emotions = weakness and oppression?

What.

Sakamoto's vision of Samus isn't Ripley.  It's Samus.  If people playing the games want Samus to be more like Ripley, maybe they should just watch the Alien movies instead.
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @Hailinel said:
    " @KingWilly said:
    " If Yoshiro Whateverthefuck wanted a template for a strong female action hero, he should've looked no farther than Ripley. She was quite feminine, but hot damn if she couldn't stomp bugs like nobodies business.  That said, Japanese culture is incredibly oppressive towards women, so it doesn't surprise me to see Samus as a repressed and submissive person. "
    So emotions = weakness and oppression?  What.  Sakamoto's vision of Samus isn't Ripley.  It's Samus.  If people playing the games want Samus to be more like Ripley, maybe they should just watch the Alien movies instead. "
    They don't want Ripley, but that archetype. A strong woman, in other words.  

Seriously, she had plenty of emotions in those movies, and they made her all the more gripping. Samus in Other M was creepily submissive to a man who was a complete sociopath both in his actions as well as how he treated her. I understand you really like MOM, but come on man, you have to see it.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KingBroly
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By apathylad
    @KingBroly: Ow...that websites background and text color don't work well. It's hurting my eyes just reading it. 
    firewrkninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By firewrkninja
    @GenghisJohn said:
    " Its not because anyone who owns a wii only plays wii bowling? "
    Wait, it plays more than just bowling? I bought it on the premise that it was the best bowling simulator out there
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KingBroly

Okay, I'll just post it in a spoiler tag then. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hailinel
    @KingWilly said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @KingWilly said:
    So emotions = weakness and oppression?  What.  Sakamoto's vision of Samus isn't Ripley.  It's Samus.  If people playing the games want Samus to be more like Ripley, maybe they should just watch the Alien movies instead. "
    They don't want Ripley, but that archetype. A strong woman, in other words.   Seriously, she had plenty of emotions in those movies, and they made her all the more gripping. Samus in Other M was creepily submissive to a man who was a complete sociopath both in his actions as well as how he treated her. I understand you really like MOM, but come on man, you have to see it. "
    Sociopath?  What are you talking about?  He's a military officer there on a mission.  When officers are in command of a mission, they generally don't act like everyone's best friend.  Samus's supposed submissiveness isn't creepy or weird.  She agreed, for the purposes of the mission, to obey Galactic Federation protocol in order to assist Adam's team.  That means following orders, a concept that isn't alien to her, given her military experience, nor to anyone else that has ever served within a chain of command.

Once again, Samus isn't Ripley, or more precisely, the same sort of strong woman as Ripley.  She's still a strong woman, but strength comes in different forms for different people, and different people handle their emotions in different ways.
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @Hailinel said:
    " @KingWilly said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @KingWilly said:
    They don't want Ripley, but that archetype. A strong woman, in other words.   Seriously, she had plenty of emotions in those movies, and they made her all the more gripping. Samus in Other M was creepily submissive to a man who was a complete sociopath both in his actions as well as how he treated her. I understand you really like MOM, but come on man, you have to see it. "
    Sociopath?  What are you talking about?  He's a military officer there on a mission.  When officers are in command of a mission, they generally don't act like everyone's best friend.  Samus's supposed submissiveness isn't creepy or weird.  She agreed, for the purposes of the mission, to obey Galactic Federation protocol in order to assist Adam's team.  That means following orders, a concept that isn't alien to her, given her military experience, nor to anyone else that has ever served within a chain of command.  Once again, Samus isn't Ripley, or more precisely, the same sort of strong woman as Ripley.  She's still a strong woman, but strength comes in different forms for different people, and different people handle their emotions in different ways. "
    Adam shot Samus in the back. No warning, no reason. Just... blam. Right in the back. He then watched her writhe around on the floor in agony and didn't express any concern or remorse over what he did. 

You think that makes him cuddly? Or do you think that is SOP in any military (newsflash: it isn't)?
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Well outsourcing the game is probally the first thing I have in mind.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hailinel
    @KingBroly:   That's not a rewrite of the story.  That's simply another person's interpretation of the events as they exist.  Themes don't need to beat you over the head to be present.
    davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By davidwitten22

Hey guys I heard Hailinel likes Metroid Other M. And if you don't like Metroid Other M, you're wrong.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KingBroly
    @Hailinel said:
    " @KingBroly:   That's not a rewrite of the story.  That's simply another person's interpretation of the events as they exist.  Themes don't need to beat you over the head to be present. "
    Themes shouldn't be beaten into your head.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hailinel
    @davidwitten22 said:
    " Hey guys I heard Hailinel likes Metroid Other M. And if you don't like Metroid Other M, you're wrong. "
    Hey guys, I heard people are entitled to their opinions, but that doesn't mean that discourse should be discouraged.  Also, cry me a river, davidwitten22.

@KingWilly: We didn't see Adam's immediate reaction after shooting Samus.  We only see her get knocked out.  Adam doesn't appear until after Samus awakens, by which point he's already by her side and waiting for her to regain consciousness.  Why did he shoot her?  One possibility:  He had no way to communicate with her via the Bottle Ship's communication system, and knew that she had been given reason to suspect him as being behind the Metroid project.  If he made his presence known, she might have drawn him into a confrontation that would have cost them valuable time.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hailinel
    @KingBroly said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @KingBroly:   That's not a rewrite of the story.  That's simply another person's interpretation of the events as they exist.  Themes don't need to beat you over the head to be present. "
    Themes shouldn't be beaten into your head. "
    It's not necessary, but then, why not?  At no point does a cast member of Other M stand up and deliver a monologue about the virtues of motherhood in and of itself.  The theme makes its presence known through the context of the story, and it's a strong presence.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Hailinel:   Nintendo are only concerned with Other M's poor sales performance.  You think it's a good game, they know it isn't because the sales are indicative that it isn't a good game.  Your fanboy excuses are obviously getting out of hand when you disagree with the company who made the game.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hailinel
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Hailinel:   Nintendo are only concerned with Other M's poor sales performance.  You think it's a good game, they know it isn't because the sales are indicative that it isn't a good game.  Your fanboy excuses are obviously getting out of hand when you disagree with the company who made the game. "
    Troll harder.  I'm not getting into a fight with your complete lack of logic.

Either way, sales figures in and of themselves are not indicative of quality.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.