A question that needs answering.

#1 Posted by Royale (157 posts) -

What do we really want in the next installment in the Metroid franchise?

#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

You need to make 5 more threads before I answer.

#3 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I'm not really sure what I want. Just more of the same excellent stuff the Metroid Prime games had is sufficient for me.

#4 Posted by zitosilva (1837 posts) -

Maybe new itens? I'm tired of getting the same thing over and over again.

And you can copy and paste this to any Zelda forum as well.

#5 Posted by lilarchie232 (728 posts) -

Side-scrolling old school action.
The First Person thing never worked for me.

#6 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I really disliked Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, I'm not looking forward to anymore installments in the series.

#7 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Dual stick controls.

#8 Posted by Shadow (4966 posts) -

Retro Studios needs to re-assemble.

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21514 posts) -

For the people that disliked MP3, I don't really get the reasons other than the relative ease of being able to play it thanks to a brilliantly well-executed auto-lock system.  Oh well, to each their own.

For the people that are looking forward to a new MP, I say this:  I don't want any more MP games.  I think the franchise ended on a high note, and they need to focus on something new.
#10 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

As for Metroid Prime 3, I'd say it's definitely the best game on the Wii. Not quite as good as the original Metroid Prime, but let's face it, not many games are that amazing.

#11 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"As for Metroid Prime 3, I'd say it's definitely the best game on the Wii. Not quite as good as the original Metroid Prime, but let's face it, not many games are that amazing."
Agreed!
#12 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
jakob187 said:
For the people that are looking forward to a new MP, I say this:  I don't want any more MP games.  I think the franchise ended on a high note, and they need to focus on something new.
"
I agree, for now at least. Retro hasn't really been able to flex its IP muscles. Matbe they can come up with a new classic Nintendo franchise.
#13 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

I want to see a new 2D Metroid game. I wish they would make one for the DS.

#14 Posted by kadosho (30 posts) -

What else to grasp from Metroid?
- Wrap up the after effects of the X
- Bring back the 2D perspective?
- Prime did its part, let us move on
- Maybe a new team can take the mantle for the next chapter?

#15 Posted by jakob187 (21514 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"jakob187 said:
For the people that are looking forward to a new MP, I say this:  I don't want any more MP games.  I think the franchise ended on a high note, and they need to focus on something new.
"
I agree, for now at least. Retro hasn't really been able to flex its IP muscles. Matbe they can come up with a new classic Nintendo franchise."
I would bet more than anything that by this time next year, we'll see a new update of a classic franchise from Retro.
kadosho said:
"- Prime did its part, let us move on"
^^^This.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.