Backtracking?

#1 Edited by zerok (180 posts) -

Probably the most annoying aspect of all Metroid games I've played so far (Super Metroid, Metroid Prime 1, Metroid Prime: Hunters) was the constant backtracking. Especially in Hunters having to run like hell after beating a boss in the end made me quit on that game. Does Corruption still have that?

#2 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Well, I didn't feel I ever had to backtrack. There are a few instances toward the end where you have to go back to someplace you've been before, but it's nothing major. I didn't ever really feel like I was going backwards in it, compared to other Metroid games I've played. It's also the only Metroid I've finished (with a 100%, even), so that's got to mean something.

#3 Posted by zerok (180 posts) -

Thank you :-) I guess then I can add finally a Metroid game again to my wishlist ;-)

#4 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

I don't mind backtracking, but I do mind reappearing enemies. Does Corruption have reappearing enemies?

#5 Edited by MattyFTM (14385 posts) -

Yeah, I hated the backtracking in earlier metroids too, but it's not as bad in corruption.

#6 Posted by JazzyJeff (400 posts) -

There is still backtracking, but this game was awesome. Better than 2, IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.