Have you ever beaten a Metroid Prime game?

• 82 results
#1 Posted by JJOR64 (18885 posts) -
#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18885 posts) -

I played all of them but never beaten any of them.  How about you guys?

#3 Posted by Rivix (162 posts) -

All three. The first two on the hardest difficulty with 100% logs and items. The final boss in each game are great!

#4 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

I probably could, If I actually plaed one of them and/or owned a console that they are played on.

#5 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

I beat all 3.  The last one I beat on Hyper Mode and with 100% items (because they make it so easy)

#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

No, I have not.

#7 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

beat 1 & 2 but never got around to 3...

#8 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I own and have beaten them all, but never with 100% or on Hard (though, I'm working through MP3). My favourite is Corruption.

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

Why WOULDN'T someone beat all the Metroid Primes?  It's a sweet storyline, and on top of that, it's not like the games are that hard to begin with.  =  /

#10 Posted by Colonel_Cool (808 posts) -

Beat the first two on Hard, and played over halfway through Corruption a year ago, I don't know why I stopped playing it. Metroid Prime is one of my all time favorites.

#11 Posted by HistoryInRust (6268 posts) -

I never did, mostly because I never owned any of them.

I have a Gamecube, and I love shooters, so I have no real justifiable excuse.  Laziness, I guess.

#12 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -

Started and gave up on 1 and 3.

Hideously boring point and click adventures with some 'shooting' thrown in. I want to play a game, not read a novel.
#13 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

No, but I have only even played one of them, the first of the Gamecube versions.

#14 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

I've played through all of them. Metroid Prime is still one of my favorite games of all time.

#15 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -
Cheapoz said:
"Started and gave up on 1 and 3.
Hideously boring point and click adventures with some 'shooting' thrown in. I want to play a game, not read a novel.
"
You've got to be kidding me.

You don't even have to read anything in the entire game.....
#16 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

I've beaten the third one. I'll probably beat the other two when they are re-released for the Wii with the same awesome controls of Corruption. 100% on that one.

#17 Posted by Dalai (6980 posts) -

All three here at 100%, the first on hard.

Cheapoz said:

"
Really?  Really?  Eh, can't please everyone.
#18 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
Cheapoz said:
"
What's wrong with books? Huh?
I finished the third on normal, and was well into Hypermode when I lent it to my cousin. I might beat it when he gets it back to me.
#19 Posted by pause422 (6170 posts) -

Yes, all of them.

#21 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

Beat the first, haven't played the others.

#22 Posted by Matthew (1911 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"beat 1 & 2 but never got around to 3..."
Ditto.
I loved the final fight on number 1.
#23 Posted by JJOR64 (18885 posts) -

I should at least finish 3 since I do own it.  Was maybe thinking for the release of 1 if it comes out to USA Wiis.

#24 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I've beaten Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 3. I actually only played Metroid Prime 2 for a very short time. If you ask me, Metroid Prime 3 is the best game on the Wii, and Metroid Prime may very well be the best game of last gen overall.

#25 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

All of them.  The first one 3 times, second one once, third one twice

#26 Posted by Capitalism (72 posts) -

i beat the first one, its the only one i played. it was great

#27 Posted by zerok (180 posts) -

I only tried Prime1 and Hunters so far and every time gave up at about 3/4 mostly because of the backtracking.

#28 Posted by starfox444 (81 posts) -

I've only played the one on the DS, and that was because I wanted a portable shooter while I had a DS.

#29 Posted by Silverevilchao (26 posts) -

Yes, all three of them as a matter of fact, with Prime 1 in Hard Mode with 97% items (could never find those last few I've needed after all of these years...) and 100% scans, Prime 2 in Hard Mode with 100% items (all item locations memorized) and 100% scans, and Prime 3 in Veteran with 100% items and over 80% scans.

I've beaten Prime 3 twice, but I've lost count of how many times I've beaten Primes 1 & 2.

#30 Posted by super_machine (1929 posts) -

I beat all three on GameCube... I mean the one on wii too, same thing.

#31 Posted by Goly (843 posts) -

Beat the first one. After that, the formula got old for me, don't ask me why.

#33 Posted by UnlivedPhalanx (473 posts) -

I had to play through Prime 3 about 9 times while focus testing it, I never want to see another Metroid Prime game again LOL =p

#34 Posted by ShadowKiller (894 posts) -

I beat 1 and 2 at least 4 times each but I never got around to beating corruption. I just liked the gamecube games better.

#35 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

I beat the first two Prime games.

#36 Posted by Gamer_152 (14050 posts) -

Yes, I have beaten a Metroid Prime game ^_^

#37 Posted by Deusoma (3000 posts) -

I beat the first one, gave up on the second one at the infernal Spider Guardian boss, and am currently working my way through the third one.

#38 Posted by RedHerb (84 posts) -

Played through both 1 and 2 when they were released. just one of those games which i find myself just playing through ever year or so, love 'em. Playing through the 1! Need to get a Wii so i can play the final one :(

#39 Posted by cdfishman (259 posts) -

best the first, enjoyed it. never played the second. got halfway through the third and my wii broke.

havent played any since.

#40 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

No. Played Metroid Prime and got so unbelievably annoyed by the backtracking + respawning enemies that I quit and never looked back.
A couple of months later, I tried again with Metroid Prime: Hunters, then got so unbelievably annoyed by the backtracking + respawning enemies that I quit and never looked back.

MH3: Corruption calls to me, but reason tells me that Corruption can fuck off.

#41 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I've only played the original Prime (I actually bought a GC just for that game), but I never ended up finishing it. I don't remember it that well, but I think the backtracking just started to annoy me and thus I gave up on the game.

#42 Posted by JJWeatherman (14553 posts) -
@c1337us said:
" No, but I have only even played one of them, the first of the Gamecube versions. "
Same here. Also, I just noticed the quoted text looks different... hmm.
#43 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I love Metroid-like games, like uh, Metroid, and the Metroidvanias. I've only completed Metroid Prime 3 since I didn't have a Cube. Great game.

#44 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

1 and 2 haven't played 3.

I loved 1. I liked 2 (more annoying enemies, who the hell thought of all those "go invisible/invulnerable for a while" enemies). Yep.
#45 Posted by Pie (7035 posts) -

No, the first i got about three quarters of the way in, the second i got about half way in and the third I got about a quarter of the way through.

#46 Posted by Cloneslayer (1620 posts) -

I've beaten them all but only the first multiple times/on hard.

#47 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

I only ever played the ones for the GC and I couldn't finish 'em, because I hate the controls. They play like an N64 FPS, which to me is just unacceptable. There are two analogue sticks there Nintendo, TWO!!! Make use of them and normalize the controls like everyone else does with their first person games.

I have been told that there is a package for the Wii, which has all three Metroid Prime games in it with Metroid Prime 3's controls and that the controls for Prime 3 address the chief complaint from people like myself. I still haven't seen this package at my local GameStop though.

#48 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

played 1 and 2 and couldn't beat tthem, waaaaaaaaaaaay too confusing

#49 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Only Metroid game I've beaten is Fusion.

#50 Posted by cspiffo (860 posts) -

I prefer the 2D metroids.  The prime series doesn't feel like Metroid should.  I bought 1 but never finished it.  I got too bored.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.