Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 28, 2007

The finale to the Metroid Prime trilogy sees its debut on the Wii.

Ok to start on this game?

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wampa1

Recently saw this for sale at £5 never played a Metroid game before, do I need to play through the previous primes to fully enjoy this one?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

I'm sure it's fine, story's not a huge part of the prime games really anyway. If you can find it you should get the Wii trilogy.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TentPole

@Hizang said:

I'm sure it's fine, story's not a huge part of the prime games really anyway. If you can find it you should get the Wii trilogy.

Definitely try to get the Trilogy. It is worth it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Story has never really been a major focus of Metroid games (aside from Other M), so you should be fine there, but the other two Metroid Prime games (especially the first one) are really good, and should be played, whether via the Trilogy disc (which I've heard is very hard to find these days) or on the GameCube.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wampa1

@Hizang: I'm interested in the trilogy but it seems to be pretty expensive wherever I look. Figured the £5 is an ok investment if I like it I'll pick up the trilogy.

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By VicRattlehead

you don't need to play 1 and 2 but if i where you i'd try and find copies of them, they are both great as well

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#7  Edited By pyromagnestir

Sure I guess? There are some things that are carried over storywise between the Prime games, including a lot of callbacks to previous games in the scans (you scan stuff to get more information and backstory), but shouldn't be too much of a problem. Although the 1st and 2nd prime games are better games, I think. 3 is a stripped down version of the Prime experience.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

No, I don't think it is. I mean, the story isn't huge in the Metroid Prime games, but I think it'd be a huge mistake to play it first. Metroid Prime 3 is a great game, but it's neither a great Prime game to start on, nor the greatest Metroid Prime game. The reason it'd be a mistake is because you need to (or should very much so) experience the first two first, then this, because if you play the third, and don't like it for certain reason, those reasons may not be present in the first or the second and may hinder your opinion of Metroid Prime altogether. I won't lie to you though, as much as I loved Metroid Prime, and I really mean love (love, love!), I didn't get all the way through the second.

I have all the Metroid Prime games including the Wii trilogy, so I should get through it on the Wii, but I just never have unfortunately. Ironically, it's the only Prime game my best friend got through, or at least believes he got through, but I had witnessed him get through the first as well. I think you should think about getting Trilogy, 'cause the first two (especially the first) should not be missed. My only problem with the third was that it became repetitive from a boss stand-point. Not only do you fight a few of the same bosses more than once, the areas you fight them in are the same or are very similar each time. And the reason I didn't get through the second completely was because I didn't really care much for the Dark Aether world, but it wasn't bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm of the mind that the Prime trilogy is probably the best series of games around (notwithstanding that the original Prime is near absolute-perfection), so I'd insist on you playing the others first, if only to experience them.

The third is still a fantastic game, it just feels a little ropey in places.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TentPole

I think 3 is significantly better than 2.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By nintendoeats

For my money the first one is still the best, partially because of some gameplay stuff, and partially because it has this fantastic sense of isolation that isn't present in the others.

So you CAN start with 3, but you're better off with 1.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wampa1

Noticed i could get Super Metroid for the same price on the wiishop. Is that the best starting place? Just looking to get into this series in general. And Zelda have no idea where to start there either...

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By JasonR86

@Wampa1:

You could. There is an underlying story running through all three games but the fun from these games don't come from the story. But I would look to buy the trilogy collection on the Wii so that you can play all three with the same control scheme and some cool enhancements.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.