Product Key? Am I missing something?

#1 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

So I downloaded games for windows live, and isntalled Microsoft flight, but now it's asking me for a product key and I have NO idea where I'm supposed to get this. Google hasnt helped me either and everyone knows Microsoft's support site is shit. Can anyone help me find this key?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36065 posts) -

Did you try e-mailing them about this problem? I've done that in the past with Frozen Synapse, and things worked out pretty well there.

#3 Edited by AndrewB (7503 posts) -

In any game I've downloaded from GFWL, it was available on the same part of the client where you download the games in the first place, with a link beneath that said something along the lines of "view product key."

But I haven't used the client in forever, and I don't know if that's changed since the most recent rebranding.

Edit: here. This was it.

#4 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

love you guys. Thats great advice, but now i've to figure out why its not showing up in the "all downloads" section. Probably just try redownloading it.

#5 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

I'm guessing you're trying to link your profile so you can get the bonus plane? First check and make sure you are signed into windows live when you start the game up. If you have a 360 controller, you can just hit the home button (or "home" on your keyboard) on that and it'll bring up with GFW UI. If you don't already have an account, you can sign up for one through there. 

Anyway once you are logged into your account, you should be able to link it to the game, and it won't ask for the cd-key.

That was my problem anyway, I just wasn't signed into GFW. Hope this helps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.