My Microsoft Points end with 5.

#1 Posted by Lukeweizer (2709 posts) -

I have 435 points. I don't know what I bought to end up with a 5, but it's driving me insane. I'm always just shy of the ideal total (1200, 800, 400, etc). So I have to buy a whole new set. Anyone know something on the Xbox Live Marketplace that's cost ends with a 5 that I can buy?

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11309 posts) -

Man, you're screwed now! You must have bought something weird like Avatar clothes or something. There must be some sort of list of what you've bought. Go through that, and figure out what ended with 5. Then just buy another one of those. 

#3 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -

Sounds annoying as hell.

#4 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

lol i love obsessive compulsiveness.

#5 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

One of the most satisfying moments of my gaming life was getting my MS points to 0. Then I had to buy 1000 in order to get an 800 point game. 

:(

#6 Posted by Trace (3574 posts) -

Did you win some sort of contest on Xbox Live or something? I still can't, for the life of me, recall any item on the marketplace that didn't have a price that was a multiple of ten. Even the avatar stuff tends to be 40 or 60 points at a discount.

Strange stuff, this.

#7 Posted by Lukeweizer (2709 posts) -
@PsEG said:
" Did you win some sort of contest on Xbox Live or something? I still can't, for the life of me, recall any item on the marketplace that didn't have a price that was a multiple of ten. Even the avatar stuff tends to be 40 or 60 points at a discount.  Strange stuff, this. "
I have no idea what I did. It's been like this for probably close to a year now. I'll have to look through the weird stuff, like old gamer pics and themes and see if I can straighten this out.
#8 Posted by Trace (3574 posts) -
@Lukeweizer said:
" I'll have to look through the weird stuff, like old gamer pics and themes and see if I can straighten this out. "
Ooh, gamerpics might have caused that. I know I had a really bizarre amount of Microsoft points for quite a while thanks to buying a couple of gamerpic sets during my early days with the 360. It took the Xbox Live Rewards program to finally iron my points out to a number where I could finally spend my points down a lot closer to zero.

...then I got the Live vision camera, and avatars became available, making all of those gamerpics completely useless. That can't be an uncommon tale.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.