E3 2009 - Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

#1 Edited by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Winning banner by Eelcire, congratulations!

Welcome to the Microsoft E3 2009 Press Conference Sticky!

Ladies & gentlemen E3 2009 is upon us and as always that means the 'big three' will be having their traditional conferences for our viewing pleasure. So to make things a little easier for everyone we've created a sticky to cover each conference. In this sticky we ask that the community come here to discuss their general opinions, thoughts and feelings on the Microsoft press conference.

Keep Discussion On-Topic!

• This sticky is created solely to discuss the Microsoft press conference. So please keep discussion about the other two conferences contained to their respective stickied topics.
  • Try to keep discussion on-topic at all times. If you want to discuss what you had for breakfast with another user then do so via PM or wall comments. If you want to express your like / dislike / other opinions about the Microsoft press conference then do it in here.

Specific Announcements!

E3 always brings with it numerous new announcements, some mind blowing and others soul crushing, and we understand some people will only want to discuss one particular announcement made during the conferences. So if you want to discuss a specific announcement made during the Microsoft press conference then we urge you to create a topic about it within the relevant page in our Wiki Database. Below is a simple example detailing the steps to help you figure out how!

1. In the top right hand corner of your screen you'll see the search bar. Type in the name of the game, platform, company etc the announcement is relevant too and click the page you're looking for in the drop down menu.
  2. Once you've loaded the relevant page. Look to your left and locate the 'Forum' tab in the list of tabs. This will take you to that page's specific board.
  3. Look to your right and click the red 'New Topic' button and you're ready to create a new topic!

Please refrain from dumping topics about a 360 game in that particular platform's board. Try and create the topic in the game's specific board and if you cannot find a page, then how about creating one? That way you'll help expand the site's database, help inform the community and grab yourself a few extra points as well :D !

Game Forums

Please talk about the individual games in their respective forums. Please only discuss the conference as a whole in this thread. Thank you.

Rules & Guidelines

As usual the site rules apply, even during E3 shenanigans, so please if you are not familiar with them by now head on over to the

Defusing the Bomb

sticky and read the

Forum FAQ

guide and make sure you memorise those guidelines and rules laid out within it.

As well as forum specific rules and guidelines it would also be worth everyone's time to sit down and read through the

Wiki FAQ

guide and make yourself familiar with how the system works. As I'm sure a large number of you will likely want to begin editing new information into the Wiki Database as said information becomes available during E3.

#2 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

MGS4:Sub comes out for 360. 

#3 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4778 posts) -

30 minutes! >_<

#4 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Cant w8

#5 Posted by Matthew (1914 posts) -

Prediction - there will be green.  green circles.  and a couch to make it feel 'homey'

#6 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

Well, Halo: Reach has an achievement page, guess I don't have to watch the press conference now... :(

#7 Posted by StarFoxA (5161 posts) -

Geoff Keighley just posted a picture of the stage (or what looks like the stage) on his Twitter: http://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1993097062

Looks pretty cool. I'm excited.

#8 Posted by Redsand26 (125 posts) -
#9 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Dudes, I'm pretty exited.

Also I hope J Allard turns up. If he does, you'll hear it here first. YEAH.

#10 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -
Matthew said:
Prediction - there will be green.  green circles.  and a couch to make it feel 'homey'
whoa, "homey" looks like "horney"  that's a big difference. (I know it's spelled horny, but you get my point).
#11 Posted by damswedon (3196 posts) -

the secret of monkey island remake to be within the xbox live arcade montage
also halo reach announced maybe

#12 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

The G4 stuff is about to start.

#13 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
#14 Posted by Redsand26 (125 posts) -

G4 TV coverage of the Microsoft Conference starting now.

#15 Edited by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

Yep, I've got my TV tuned to G4.

EDIT: Cool intro.

#16 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

G4tv is now live! Now watching.

#17 Edited by damswedon (3196 posts) -
peter molyneux just posted
going to makeup, they have to use so much anti shine on my head I hope tey have enough
source
edit: also added
#xboxe3 expect the unexpected from me and Lionhead. I hope everyone is excited as i am, its so scary to introduce such a new concept.
molyneux being molyneux
#18 Posted by Redsand26 (125 posts) -

Jeff's twitter here.  Say's he's in front row.

Score.
#19 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

Dude, people at gamespot were saying Jeff was shot at E3.... I was scared for a second

#20 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -
Redsand26 said:
Jeff's twitter here. Say's he's in front row.Score.
Now they can watch the telepromter :P
#21 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -
Redsand26 said:
G4 TV coverage of the Microsoft Conference starting now.
http://www.justin.tv/g4tv_e3

For those without cable. :D
#22 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Woo-hoo nearly here!

#23 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Gorillawhat: I've been reporting those posts along with all other spam that I come across. Their links don't even work!
#24 Posted by damswedon (3196 posts) -

i wonder if j allard will show up

#25 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
Gorillawhat said:
Dude, people at gamespot were saying Jeff was shot at E3.... I was scared for a second
I'm sure Jeff would twitter that.....
#26 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -
Yit said:
Redsand26 said: G4 TV coverage of the Microsoft Conference starting now. http://www.justin.tv/g4tv_e3For those without cable. :D [more]
Thanks man, I was looking for a backup incase gamespot didn't work.
All thats happening though is a spinning e3 logo for now :P
#27 Posted by StarFoxA (5161 posts) -

10 minutes until GameSpot's coverage starts.

#28 Posted by Dethfish (3685 posts) -

Does anyone know what Gears of War: All Fronts is? They've mentioned it on G4 a couple times now and I have no idea what it is.

#29 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Dethfish77: A re-release of Gears of War with all the DLC included.
#30 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Jeff's-eye-view

#31 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

5 mins left!

#32 Posted by Dethfish (3685 posts) -
@LordAndrew:  Oh, is that what they named it? I didn't know that. Thanks.

Jesus, the press conference hasn't even started yet and I am getting bombarded by numbers!
#33 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

Nothing better

#34 Posted by Hexogen (766 posts) -

Woo! Time to get super excited so I can be let down!

#35 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

Please don't embed autoplaying widgets in this thread - link to them if necessary.

#36 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
TheBeast said:
Please don't embed autoplaying widgets in this thread - link to them if necessary.

Ok.
#37 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

ok its 25 past. lets see how late they start

#38 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
Scooper said:
Jeff's-eye-view
that is one funky stage
#39 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

my F5 button is going to take a beating over the next hour

#40 Posted by Hexogen (766 posts) -

Here it goes!

#41 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

Beatles!

#42 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

it is on!

#43 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

what is everyone doing as they watch? i am laying on my bed with my macbook. 

#44 Posted by Dethfish (3685 posts) -

Cool Beatles video.

#45 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

doo doo do do do doooo

#46 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

dude, are any streams working?

#47 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Gah starting with the beatles rockband? :/

#48 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -
Gorillawhat said:
dude, are any streams working?
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174473

working for me
#49 Posted by Dethfish (3685 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
what is everyone doing as they watch? i am laying on my bed with my macbook.

I'm sitting in my chair with my laptop and watching G4. I also have soda and cookies next to me so I'm set.
#50 Posted by blackbeard (309 posts) -

can't get a stream to come in on any of the sites I tried :-( *sigh* will keep trying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.