E3 2010 - Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

#1 Edited by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

created by eeegac, winner of the Microsoft E3 Banner Challenge!

Welcome to the E3 2010 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion!

Welcome my fellow Giant Bomb comrades! Unless you have be living under a rock that doesn't have internet access, you know that this week is E3 2010. As with tradition, this means that the "Big Three" will be giving press conferences to discuss their past, present, and future in the video game industry. To make the community less chaotic and easier to navigate, we have created a "sticky" thread for each conference. in this thread, we ask that you come here to discuss your general feelings/opinions/thoughts on the Microsoft press conference.

Keep Discussion On-Topic!

This thread is dedicated solely for general discussion of the Microsoft press conference. What this means is:

• Only discussion of the Microsoft press conference is allowed. Please keep the discussions of the Nintendo and Sony press conference in their respective stickied threads.
  • No off-topic discussion at any time. Want to talk about the World Cup or interleague play in MLB? Do so in other threads.

Any posts/discussions found in this thread that do not relate to the Microsoft press conference will result in the guilty user(s) being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Specific Announcements

As with every E3 press conference, there will be specific announcements that you most certainly want to talk about. While we love your enthusiasm, we want this thread to only be about the overall general discussion of the Microsoft press conference. Therefore, we ask you to discuss the specific announcements in the forums of their respective Wiki pages. You can learn how best to do this in our

E3 2010 and You!

thread.

Game Forums

Like with specific announcements, we would like you to not get into discussions of individual games in this thread and instead post your topics/discussions in their respective forums(again, you can learn how to this in the aforementioned

E3 and You!

thread). Also, please refrain from loading the

Xbox 360

forum with discussions of individual games. Breaking either rule will result in the user(s) being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Some Microsoft conference related forums you might want to use:

General Rules & Guidelines

Even during E3 tomfoolery, the general rules and guidelines of the Giant Bomb community still apply. You can refresh your memory about them in the

Site Rules & FAQs

thread. There you can learn about all of the rules of not only the Forums, but also the Wiki, which I am sure many of you will be heavily involved with this week. The sequence of punishments for infractions against these rules still apply as well.

Live Streams

You can catch the Microsoft press conference on Spike TV, but if you want to watch it on your computer you can go to one of the following site:

#2 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

I have opened this thread a few hours before the press conference so you guys can discuss predictions and whatnot.  Remember, though, the rules still stand.

Also, congratulations to eeegac for his winning submission for the Microsoft Press Conference Discussion thread!

#3 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

Judging from the Kinect event earlier, hardly anyone will probably be impressed by what Microsoft will show off. So here's hoping the games make up for that.

#4 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

Well done eeeegac. Nice job.

I hope this is good. MS have to have something substantial up their sleeve lest the conference suck.

#5 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Hoping they have more to offer than simply spending most of the conference displaying Kinect and what it will do for players and games.

#6 Posted by harrypmgaga (162 posts) -

Indeed, I hope Microsoft have the software to balance the leak.

#7 Posted by FireSketch (827 posts) -

Congrats eegac :)

I'm hoping they show off what their big developers are doing, rather than concentrating on the more casual stuff.

#8 Posted by Lumley (940 posts) -

Only 3 hours to go guys! 

#9 Posted by Wess (94 posts) -

Let's get some guesses going: how much will Kinect cost?  Both as a standalone product and in a bundle, and will it come with a game?

#10 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

meh if i knew about this topic i wouldnt have made the other. anyway, like i said earlier, this has me a bit excited:

geoffkeighley   
Early morning start in LA for rehearsals. Hearing that Xbox definitely has some surprises in store for the hard core this AM. 

#11 Posted by Droop (1825 posts) -

Crap. I'll miss it :( Oh well.. 

Congrats eegac btw :D

#12 Posted by OrigamiDriller (23 posts) -

It bums me out that I have to work all this week and can't hear the conferences live, but I'm having trouble building up high hopes for Microsoft's conference. In Giant Bomb's stream last night, they sounded a little skeptical of Microsoft talking about too much outside of Kinect, Kinect's titles, and the other games coming up that we already know about. I hope we hear something about the Dreamcast games coming to Live. Seaman HD?

#13 Posted by FireSketch (827 posts) -
@Wess: I imagine they'll at least have a game bundle at launch, but I'm pretty sure they'll include a copy of their sports game with every release.
I think price depends on how competetive they're being. If Sony is looking at $80 for the Move, I can see the Kinect going for around that.
#14 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

The Microsoft conference is only on Spike and the others are only on G4? Correct me if I'm wrong.

#15 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@RedSox8933 said:
" The Microsoft conference is only on Spike and the others are only on G4? Correct me if I'm wrong. "
if you mean on TV yes. online, no, lots of places are streaming them
#16 Posted by FireSketch (827 posts) -
@Rhaknar: Know any specific addresses? I can't find any.
#17 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -
@FireSketch said:
" Congrats eegac :)  I'm hoping they show off what their big developers are doing, rather than concentrating on the more casual stuff. "
This. 

I'd like to hear some news on some big Non Natal Exclusives.
#18 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
#19 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" @RedSox8933 said:
" The Microsoft conference is only on Spike and the others are only on G4? Correct me if I'm wrong. "
if you mean on TV yes. online, no, lots of places are streaming them "
Okay thanks. I figure if it's on TV I might as well watch it there because there is way less potential for failure of some sort.
#20 Posted by Lumley (940 posts) -

How long does the MS press conference last for, 90 minutes?

#21 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

by the way don't forget that GT will have a pre-show with new shit, including footage of the Alan Wake DLC "The Signal". Pre show airs half an hour before I think

#22 Posted by TurboMan (7339 posts) -

I know, Gamespot is the devil... but they have hell of experience at showing live events, that's probably a safe bet on where to watch the press conferences.

#23 Edited by zonerover (584 posts) -
@Lumley: I think it generally goes for 90 minutes to 120 minutes depending on how much they have to get through.
#24 Posted by CharlieTuna (328 posts) -
#25 Edited by Lumley (940 posts) -
@zonerover: Cheers, I thought it was that long last year 

I hope there's as much new stuff as last years, last year I was really impressed with alll the announcements  
#26 Edited by damswedon (3173 posts) -

What is the over/under on no charts?

#27 Posted by Zereta (1363 posts) -

Show me a bunch of awesome in Halo: Reach and Gears 3 and sell me on Kinect, Microsoft. Then, you will win E3.

#28 Posted by BadSniper52 (600 posts) -

can't wait !!!!

#29 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

So which developer do you reckon will come out for the shoulder tap moment?

Place your bets... NOW!

#30 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

1 hour and 20mins till it starts (the pre show at least), I'm hyped to be honest, I always say I'm not before, but when it's actually about to happen I can't help it

#31 Posted by MachoFantastico (4473 posts) -

It's weird, there's only one thing I'm excited to see in the Microsoft press conference and that's Gears of War 3, a game we already pretty much know what to expect from.  

That's unless they have Rock Band 3 on show, which I doubt considering how much time they need to spend on Kinect *throws up* and that new Slim Xbox 360. 

#32 Posted by carlthenimrod (1586 posts) -

Battletoads 2010. Now is the time!

#33 Posted by MachoFantastico (4473 posts) -

I pray that Microsoft have some interesting things to offer other then Kinect related games, if not this will be one long press conference. Surely there will be some surprises, there as to be.... IT'S E3! Woot!

#34 Posted by Tebbit (4446 posts) -
@carlthenimrod said:
" Battletoads 2010. Now is the time! "
Oh my god! YES!
#35 Edited by damswedon (3173 posts) -

360 exclusive a remake of Final Fantasy 7!

#36 Posted by mracoon (4946 posts) -

I don't know which live stream to watch, there's too many choices.

#37 Posted by MKHavoc (1306 posts) -

I'll be catching this one on Spike.

#38 Posted by Themanohall (397 posts) -

So no Giantbomb live stream?

#39 Posted by Artikay (112 posts) -

I thought the conference was 10am PST, but Spike says 1:30pm EST. Doesn't 10am PST = 1pm EST? In fact everywhere I look seems to have different times listed...
#40 Posted by MjHealy (1817 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" I know, Gamespot is the devil... but they have hell of experience at showing live events, that's probably a safe bet on where to watch the press conferences. "
I know the feeling. I feel bad for using GameSpot but they have excellent E3 coverage.
#41 Posted by Artikay (112 posts) -

Gametrailers link is up for the preshow now on their homepage. 30min to go!
#42 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

Add the links to the live streams.

#43 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

E3 HERE WEEEEEEEEEEE GOOOOOOOOOOO!

#44 Edited by MattyFTM (14327 posts) -

So does the conference start at 10 or 10:30 PDT? There are several conflicting sources.

EDIT: xbox.com says 10:30, so I assume that's the official time.

#45 Edited by Artikay (112 posts) -

It's looking like 10:30PST.  Thats what time is given most commonly on Spike TV and Gametrailers. 

EDIT: Ah ok, GT.com has 10am in big letters, bit its referencing their own pre-show even, the conference itself is 10:30am.
#46 Posted by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

Huh, Gamespot's countdown says 55 minutes (6:30pm UK).  I'm sure it was counting down to 6pm when I checked yesterday.

#47 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -
@Jimbo: i think they fucked up and it actually starts at 10:30 (3:30 in the morning here)
#48 Posted by MattyFTM (14327 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" Huh, Gamespot's countdown says 55 minutes (6:30pm UK).  I'm sure it was counting down to 6pm when I checked yesterday. "
Yeah, I think it was originally scheduled for 10am PDT, but Microsoft must have delayed it by 30 minutes, and that's what's causing the confusion.
#49 Edited by damswedon (3173 posts) -
@Jimbo: strange mine says 24 mins 
scratch that switched to 40's
#50 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.