Microsoft: All You Need

Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

If you're looking for a good primer on what Microsoft is up to this E3 you've come to the right place. We'll continue to update this page with the best from Microsoft over the next couple days.

Top 10 Trailers

Microsoft

• Xbox Live soon to recieve 1080 HD streaming, Facebook/Twitter/Last.fm integration.
  • Xbox peripheral Project Natal "makes you the controller". Essentially a camera that can recognize your movement.
  • Beatles Rock Band looks better then expected with a unique art-style that goes through each phase of their career. Yoko, Paul and Ringo show up.
  • Alan Wake is not only still being made, but looks great. Lots of lighting and slow-mo effects.
  • Infinity Ward showed off some Modern Warfare 2 gameplay footage featuring some epic ice-climbing and snowmobile battles.
  • Metal Gear Solid Rising will be a X360 release. It's a totally new game.
  • Lionhead is working on some crazy Life-gaming with "Milo" a virtual character you can interact with through Natal.
  • Halo: ODST looks like a team-based Halo game. Halo: Reach also announced but unknown as to what genre it is.
  • Left 4 Dead 2 is a surprise sequel due out in the Fall.
  • Tony Hawk shows off Ride, his newest game that uses a skateboard controller.
  • Crackdown 2 is confirmed.
  • Forza 3 is confirmed and looks a lot like Forza 2 with sharper graphics and nice skinning options.
  • Shadow Complex is a metroid-like shooter that will be an arcade download game.
  • Joy Ride is a free kart racer that uses your avatar's in game.
#1 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

If you're looking for a good primer on what Microsoft is up to this E3 you've come to the right place. We'll continue to update this page with the best from Microsoft over the next couple days.

Top 10 Trailers

Microsoft

• Xbox Live soon to recieve 1080 HD streaming, Facebook/Twitter/Last.fm integration.
  • Xbox peripheral Project Natal "makes you the controller". Essentially a camera that can recognize your movement.
  • Beatles Rock Band looks better then expected with a unique art-style that goes through each phase of their career. Yoko, Paul and Ringo show up.
  • Alan Wake is not only still being made, but looks great. Lots of lighting and slow-mo effects.
  • Infinity Ward showed off some Modern Warfare 2 gameplay footage featuring some epic ice-climbing and snowmobile battles.
  • Metal Gear Solid Rising will be a X360 release. It's a totally new game.
  • Lionhead is working on some crazy Life-gaming with "Milo" a virtual character you can interact with through Natal.
  • Halo: ODST looks like a team-based Halo game. Halo: Reach also announced but unknown as to what genre it is.
  • Left 4 Dead 2 is a surprise sequel due out in the Fall.
  • Tony Hawk shows off Ride, his newest game that uses a skateboard controller.
  • Crackdown 2 is confirmed.
  • Forza 3 is confirmed and looks a lot like Forza 2 with sharper graphics and nice skinning options.
  • Shadow Complex is a metroid-like shooter that will be an arcade download game.
  • Joy Ride is a free kart racer that uses your avatar's in game.
#2 Posted by chickendoughnut (87 posts) -

Microsoft won for me

#3 Edited by jNerd (2011 posts) -
@chickendoughnut Agreed, good times....
#4 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

Movent? Spellcheck please

#5 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
@chililili: Corrected. TY
#6 Posted by Seedofpower (3925 posts) -

Thanks for the summary.

#7 Posted by Asurastrike (2162 posts) -

Crackdown 2 is listed twice in the top 10 trailers.

#8 Posted by Guybrush (82 posts) -

Crackdown 2; so good it's in the top 10 twice

#9 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2402 posts) -

Can't wait for Mass Effect and Forza.

#10 Posted by Reuben (622 posts) -

I'm going to be spending a lot of money on games the next year.

#11 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

Hmmmm. Yeah, pretty good conference. Not as good as Sony's but still pretty good.

#12 Edited by RenegadeSaint (1526 posts) -
@Guybrush said:
" Crackdown 2; so good it's in the top 10 twice "

What he said, except with a colon replacing his semicolon.
#13 Posted by Moonshadow101 (559 posts) -

Errr, can we NOT make the primary conversation about Halo: Reach a question of genre? Because then they're going to announce it's a shooter, which we all know it most likely (99.243%) is, we will all have wasted a whole lot of breath.

#14 Posted by natetodamax (19177 posts) -

Microsoft came out strong this year.

#15 Posted by MeatSim (10778 posts) -

Strong press conference this year.

#16 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
@Asurastrike: Fixed... is E3 over yet? I'm losing it.
#17 Posted by Asurastrike (2162 posts) -
@snide said:
" @Asurastrike: Fixed... is E3 over yet? I'm losing it. "
One more day. :P
#18 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1899 posts) -

Wasn't there already a bullet point article like this up?

#19 Posted by Duckbutter (412 posts) -

Moneysoft had a better show than Sony's entertainment-wise. Micro had chicks on stage that i wouldn't mind having relations with. Sony had unnattractive translators :( plus Microsoft rocked out with their cocks out on stage and had some random star power. why the fack was Speilsberg needed?

as far as content though, in my awesome opinion i'd say they're exactly the same. awesome scat commin from both companies. the only difference is, while i wait for Uncharted 2 or God of War and stuff, i can play Killzone 2 or Infamous.
while i wait for ODST and Splinter Cell i can't play nothin. i have to sit and stare at my Xbox and wait and pray for an awesome 3rd party game.

#20 Posted by TehBonerer (38 posts) -

why is everyone riding Daves nuts with the corrections? Grammar Nazis on MY Giantbomb? i say nay to this.

#21 Posted by PuppyKisses (82 posts) -

Microsoft for the WIN!

#22 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

I must see each conference online

#23 Posted by FrumpyBiscuts (93 posts) -

Microsoft FTW! They won completely, but man Sony came in at a close second. And Nintendo . . . ????? I can now read my pulse while I play Metroid Other M; yay?????

#24 Posted by bmoney (1 posts) -

Microsoft totally won and I don't even own a xbox.

#25 Posted by Baggykins (825 posts) -

well.. BAM! there it is!    best E3 moment ever !

#26 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -
Hmmmm. Yeah, that was a great conference, better than Sony even.
#27 Posted by DMFAMZO (2 posts) -

Oh no!  Ryan you f#cked up really bad on asking "who the hell is Colin Mc Rae?"
ex world champion of rally who died 2 years ago with his son and family friends on a helicopter crash

#28 Posted by foxhound421 (78 posts) -

there's some great stuff up there, but in terms of the amount new exclusive games that i can't wait to play, Sony came out ahead for me. it's nice to have all of these videos in one place though, thanks GB crew!

#29 Posted by ShinyD3mon (148 posts) -
@LordAndrew:
Funny how the good ol' blue names gotta come and say in an Xbox news post that it wasn't as good as Sony.

--

I can safely say I am quite excited for 7 of those 10 games (minus Mass Effect, Brutal Legend and Shadow Complex, but those all look great for their own audiences, just not me), as well as Project Natal, though I will maintain Ryan's skeptical point of view for the time being.
If they release anything close to the demonstration they showed at their press conference, I'm certain it will be a smash success. I hope they release a practical time frame (before holiday 2010, please..?) and price point (under $200?) in the near future as well.
#30 Posted by NobodyHereButUsTrees (92 posts) -

Ha ha.

"Don't mention that to any person from the UK or they will kick your - big green circle."

Best jump cut ever.
#31 Posted by theMcNasty (741 posts) -

I didn't feel like watching the E3 conferences this year.  Thanks for summing it up.

#32 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
@ShinyD3mon: Are you suggesting that I'm a Sony fanboy? Sorry about that. I simply set my alignment as Sony because most of the games I've been playing are on the PS2. I guess I'll switch it back to neutral so people stop assuming I'm a Sony fanboy. Because I'm not.
I don't even own a PS3. I just had my alignment set to Sony for a dumb reason and happened to enjoy Sony's press conference more.
#33 Posted by jhosaphat (212 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Joystiq confirmed Halo : Reach is an FPS.

#34 Posted by MaddProdigy (1041 posts) -

Next couple years are gonna be expensive but sweet

#35 Posted by Carlos (504 posts) -

Microsoft wins.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.