Shocking news: Creative Director on Kinect is a douche

Avatar image for ectoplasma
#1 Posted by ectoplasma (1160 posts) -

Seriously Microsoft, what are you thinking? 
 
 

1402917-douche.png
  
This guy replaces Mr. Hoody, I guess. Just gotta change those shades to Kanye West style shades and it's perfect.  
I really don't know how Microsoft can embarass itself that much. This scripted dialogue with the 2 womenish girls using video chat which was so undynamic and awkwark to listen to. And then Mr. Douche. Lol.
Avatar image for handsomedead
#2 Posted by HandsomeDead (11854 posts) -

Shocking news: OP is a bellend.

Avatar image for ectoplasma
#3 Posted by ectoplasma (1160 posts) -

Dude, I had to look that word up in the internetz to be insulted. You should see this guy walk in his skater-pants, he doesn't even feel comfortable himself.

Avatar image for thekidnixon
#4 Posted by TheKidNixon (1619 posts) -

Um, Kudo has been around the black a few times. And his 'tude, while kinda douchey, has been kept up throughout his career. So it isn't like he's manufactured board room representative. 
 
I guess what I'm saying its, no one is more authentic than Kudo Tsunoda.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
#5 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3522 posts) -

It's easy to criticize.

Avatar image for ectoplasma
#6 Posted by ectoplasma (1160 posts) -
@TheKidNixon: *thumbs* So, the life would be a better place if I'm wrong, but I can't quite believe this. Well maybe he just gets a little bit overly stuck in his pose because he feel a little bit tense speaking in that context? 
 
Btw. I don't say those girls did a bad job, I say Microsoft does a bad job for scripting someone the whole dialogue which just makes everything more stale (especially under pressure). 
Avatar image for jjor64
#7 Posted by JJOR64 (19660 posts) -

I just put this little video here...
 
 

Avatar image for thekidnixon
#8 Posted by TheKidNixon (1619 posts) -

I also feel the need to mention that Kudo doesn't always wear sunglasses because he thinks it cool, he does because his retina condition (I forget the specifics, there's a youtube video of him talking about it) that makes his eyes extra sensitive to light.

Avatar image for ectoplasma
#9 Edited by ectoplasma (1160 posts) -
@JJOR64: Lovin the video! 
  
@TheKidNixon:@mnzy: So this explains the glasses, and then he thinks: "Well now that I have to wear sunglasses I might just go all the way."  He still wears Carhartish pants, a PURPLE west, vans shoes, is shaved like a rapstar, moves strangely and has a pwetty too cool tone of voice.  
 
edit: btw. I love those kinect game they're showing. Gotta get one of those to impose gaming on my girl friend.
Avatar image for handsomedead
#10 Posted by HandsomeDead (11854 posts) -
@ectoplasma said:
" Dude, I had to look that word up in the internetz to be insulted. You should see this guy walk in his skater-pants, he doesn't even feel comfortable himself. "
I don't give a fuck. Maybe you should have looked up Kudo before you made the thread or, even better, not made it and tried to be funny elsewhere.
Avatar image for professoress
#11 Posted by ProfessorEss (7918 posts) -
@ectoplasma said:
Well now that I have to wear sunglasses I might just go all the way."  He still wears Carhartish pants, a PURPLE west, vans shoes, is shaved like a rapstar, moves strangely and has a pwetty too cool tone of voice.
Makes sense to me.
 
...plus his name is Kudo.
Avatar image for phrosnite
#12 Posted by phrosnite (3516 posts) -

We knew that... old news...

Avatar image for insectecutor
#13 Posted by Insectecutor (1229 posts) -

At least he lets his hair down for the conference. His avatar suggests it's normally... more crazy.

Avatar image for shanedev
#14 Edited by ShaneDev (1702 posts) -

What ever about his clothes I still like him he seems rather straight talking, and yeah the glasses are for a medical condition. Hes not the best but not the worst either.

Avatar image for momosauky
#15 Posted by momosauky (183 posts) -
@mnzy said:
" I heard this guy has a problem with his eyes and that is why he always wears sunglasses. "
i heard that he has to cover his eyes because he is actually voldermort 
Avatar image for duketogo
#16 Posted by DukeTogo (1516 posts) -
@mnzy:  Or he was smart about mentioning that early and plays that card to wear sunglasses at night.
 
Anyway, Kudo is pretty cool.  We need personalities in the game world like this to keep things interesting.  He had some pretty cool visions for EA in the past, while Def Jam Icon was pretty divisive on who liked it, it wasn't just Rap brawler 3 - but a unique take on the genre that had some damn unique ideas.
Avatar image for professoress
#17 Posted by ProfessorEss (7918 posts) -

He reminds me of Mitch Hedberg which means I automatically can not not like him.
 
(ps: If you read "Mtich Hedberg" and said "Who?" hit youtube immediately)

Avatar image for deathstriker666
#18 Posted by deathstriker666 (1349 posts) -

Cool story, douchebag

Avatar image for ectoplasma
#19 Posted by ectoplasma (1160 posts) -
@momosauky: rofl 
 
Today, everything seems too funny, i hope it's not the gin. This Kinect stuff has me totally stoked.
Avatar image for kmdrkul
#20 Posted by kmdrkul (3498 posts) -

"Kudo" still looks like a douche, eye condition or not.

Avatar image for ectoplasma
#21 Posted by ectoplasma (1160 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:

I don't give a fuck. Maybe you should have looked up Kudo before you made the thread or, even better, not made it and tried to be funny elsewhere. "
I agree that this was one possible venue to take!
Avatar image for whisperkill
#22 Posted by Whisperkill (3045 posts) -

I'd definitely roll one with that guy

Avatar image for goodwood
#23 Posted by goodwood (622 posts) -

Also of note he didnt replace J Allard, Kudo has been the creative director for Natal all along. J Allard was working on the courier.

Avatar image for ectoplasma
#24 Posted by ectoplasma (1160 posts) -
@goodwood: I just meant replaced as the cool guy when giving a presentation. But I never saw one of those. I just heard about the "J Allard sit down" and so on. And Kudo struck me as especially "hip" and "talking to the audience", too.
Avatar image for boodoug187
#25 Posted by BooDoug187 (442 posts) -
@ectoplasma said:
" Seriously Microsoft, what are you thinking? 
 
 
1402917-douche.png
  This guy replaces Mr. Hoody, I guess. Just gotta change those shades to Kanye West style shades and it's perfect.  I really don't know how Microsoft can embarass itself that much. This scripted dialogue with the 2 womenish girls using video chat which was so undynamic and awkwark to listen to. And then Mr. Douche. Lol. "
He looks like either a child predator or the guy who parks in the high school parking lot like five years after he graduated/dropped out and still trying to pick up 15 year old girls cause "Hey, I use to be the football team, and I can score you some beers/cigs/pot!"
Avatar image for septim
#26 Posted by septim (787 posts) -
@ProfessorEss said:
" He reminds me of Mitch Hedberg which means I automatically can not not like him.  (ps: If you read "Mtich Hedberg" and said "Who?" hit youtube immediately) "
Kudo always reminded me of someone, but I could never put my finger on who. Thanks for getting that nag out of my mind.
 
Also, RIP Mitch
Avatar image for cube
#27 Posted by Cube (4385 posts) -

He looks like a big butt plug.

Avatar image for hailinel
#28 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -
@TheKidNixon said:
" Um, Kudo has been around the black a few times. And his 'tude, while kinda douchey, has been kept up throughout his career. So it isn't like he's manufactured board room representative.  I guess what I'm saying its, no one is more authentic than Kudo Tsunoda. "
Around the "black"?
 
Honestly though, Kudo tries too hard.  That, and he did kinda sorta contribute to the collapse of EA Chicago.
Avatar image for turboman
#29 Posted by turboman (8913 posts) -

He was on the spot for Fight Night, I think he explained that he had some kind of eye problem that forced him to wear his shades inside at all times. Some user sent in the question "why are you wearing shades indoors"... and that was his response. 
 
So if true, that makes everyone in this thread a deuche.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.