Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Sep 30, 2014

An open-world action-adventure game by Monolith, set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Excitement for this game?

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By schlorgan

I've only recently developed any interest in this game, seeing that it's a Assassin's Creed/Dragon Age hybrid developed by Monolith, but now I'm seeing via Game Informer that they have one of the lead writers/designers of Red Dead Redemption writing it. Anyone else have any interest in this?

Avatar image for darknessmyoldfriend
    DarknessMyOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have some interest. Excitement would be too strong a word, but I am looking forward to it with a fairly open mind.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I think the concept for it is awesome and it looks neat, but I'm not jumping up and down in excitement.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Nothing interesting happened between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. I trust that this game will accurately capture that.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've had my eye on it for some time. Will probably be a day one purchase for me. The videos they have out make it look like it might be pretty good. But what they are saying the game will have seems pretty impossible to pull off and have it work 100% as they advertised it. But we shall see.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Curious, sure.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'm very interested to see how it turns out. Cautiously optimistic would best describe my disposition towards it.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i think there is some ambition this game has going for it, but its a real wait and see with this one, as i feel it would be no surprise if its mediocre.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Seppli

Intrigued, but not overly interested. Also - the protagonist looks like he suffers from down syndrome in the last trailer I've watched. The human characters are pretty much at the bottom of the uncanny valley currently. Other than that, the promises in regards to its dynamic and emergent campaign is what I'm excited for the most.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested but I don't want get overly excited just yet. The Nemesis system looks like one of the most interesting parts so far. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it at E3.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm not excited, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty excited, hope they can pull off what they are set out to do.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sometimes it takes one thing to give me all the information I need about a game. The two swords strapped to this guy's back? That was all I needed.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is some very interesting looking gameplay elements to this, but it also looks like it doesn't capture the tone of either the books or the movies as far as LOTR go, which is fine I guess, it can be its own thing, but it sure hasn't captured my attention storyline wise.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Assuming they make good on the systems they're touting, I could see this game being very interesting. If not... this might be the new high watermark in terms of twisting the Lord of the Rings into terrible generic fantasy in order to make it fit a video game.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. I'll wait for the reviews. The idea behind it is sound though, if they pull it off I'll happily buy it.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not presently, no. I'd probably be paying more attention if it wasn't connected to LotR--a franchise I enjoy as films but nowhere else--but I'm sure the property is a huge draw for innumerable others. I'll give the game a fair hearing, I suppose.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just see Assassins Creed when I look at it. Hopefully it distinguishes itself with all that crazy ai stuff they talked about in the preview. Something about it seemed off to me though.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

If it's as good as it looks then I'm moderately excited. I feel they may be aiming a little too high(and its a little too much Assassins Creedish for my tastes), I hope it doesn't all fall part for them. If it ends up good I will definitely buy it.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Because there needs to be a 3rd game that can be described as assasssins creedy this year. Hope its good for those that want it but looks kinda meh, hope I am proved wrong

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Looks interesting at least. I'm not completely buying the randomness they are selling with the whole hierarchy of orcs etc - at least in the way they are showing it off. I just don't see with the production values how it can stray from being either linear or repetitive too a degree. That's just based on a trailer so who knows.

The idea is cool though, so props for them for doing something interesting and different in an AAA title.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its gonna be a shit game made by a shit developer who cant even be arsed to understand lotr.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely interested, the ideas seem cool and I do enjoy some LOTR but it's too early to be excited I think.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Cautiously optimistic would best describe what I feel as well. I can say for sure I will look at it when it comes out because it is one of about six games coming in teh next 12-16 months that seems to be doing something - at least - mildly interesting.

Thuggish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've seen of the game play so far, I'm very excited; the game looks like a wonderful mix of Assassins Creed & the Arkham games in the Lord of the Rings universe but not tied directly to the books/movies (hooray for new stories!).

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

It looks very one-note to me. I would need to learn there's something more to the game than stabbing orcs with swords for revenge before I would even consider purchasing without a steep discount.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited to see this game come out but I would wait for the reviews to come in.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm not feeling it, but I haven't seen that much of it. Maybe after I see a QuickLook or something I'll get more hyped.

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan on picking it up. It interests me enough to where I think I would enjoy it. It seems to have also been somehwat praised during E3 as in lot's of people said "Hey, this actually looks like it's a fun game."

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much about it. Is it like Dynasty Warriors on Middle Earth? Because I would play that.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested in it but other than the Nemesis system I don't actually know much about the game. Like is it open world or levels, how big is it ect

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zenmastah

Just pre-ordered Steam version for 30e, from what ive already seen of the game im pretty sure ive made the right choise.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

The game might be good but I just couldn't care less about LOTR or The Hobbit so it's difficult for me to get excited about this game. I'm one of those weird people that weigh setting and storytelling really high in games and since this is based on something I just don't find interesting at all... It's going to take a lot to make me excited for this.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Very interested in it. Lord of the rings is boring bullshit, but the game looks like it'll be good fun.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Shame it doesn't have co-op, as the War in the North LOTR game was an absolute blast, consdering how shitty it should have been. This looks really cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.