Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Sep 30, 2014

An open-world action-adventure game by Monolith, set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Found some 360 footage

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mustainium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=6sydmbbAg88

I figure there's probably someone out there who's interested in SoM, but still hasn't jumped over to the new consoles yet.

On the plus side, it seems like the Nemesis System and combat have transferred over decently.

Bad news? Just about everything else

Screen tearing, low framerate, compressed SFX, lackluster graphics, etc.

Skip over to 6:55 to check out how facial animations have been completely stripped away, to quite a comical effect.

After finding out the developer has exclusively worked on shovelware, I'm not exactly surprised, but it's really too bad for last gen owners

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Wow...that combat at the end looked like it was running at about 10 fps, complete with tearing. The facial animations did make me laugh, though. That's too bad, it's such a great game.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks like a horrible port. The old consoles deserve better.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Weird, I thought the Nemesis system wasn't gonna be in this version. Cool that it is I guess since that's the one interesting thing about this game.

Anyway, yeesh, that looks really bad. I imagine the final version will be better, though.....maybe?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I though the last gen version were completely without the nemesis system. Is that not true?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

I though the last gen version were completely without the nemesis system. Is that not true?

That's what I thought, too. It's hard to tell from this video, maybe the system is stripped down somehow.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I already didn't think the current generation versions looked that great, but that mostly came down to really bland environmental design. To take what was already bland and make it even more muddy looking makes the game just look like garbage. At least the current gen version ran great.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@mb said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

That's what I thought, too. It's hard to tell from this video, maybe the system is stripped down somehow.

Probably static side-missions rather than the dynamically-generated quests in the current gen versions.

I'm pretty shocked by the performance in this video. SoM is by no means an ugly game but it doesn't seem too far off from what we've seen on the 360 and PS3. The amount of stuff they've removed is striking and still the game runs terribly.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Pretty much the only reason I enjoy playing the game is seeing the extremely well-modeled and lifelike uruks shouting in my face. Hope the kids who get that for Christmas aren't too disappointed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.