Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Sep 30, 2014

An open-world action-adventure game by Monolith, set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

How important is the loading screen stuff?

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

Each time you load up the game, you hear some dialogue or bits of a conversation. Is any of that stuff important to the story or is it mostly little background info tidbits?

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I would say more or less as important as the appendicies in the menu.

If you're into the story, you may as well listen.

Sometimes they are cool, sometime not.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

A kind of neat idea sadly undone for me by the recurring video game curse of selective subtitle absence.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@nophilip said:

A kind of neat idea sadly undone for me by the recurring video game curse of selective subtitle absence.

My thoughts exactly. This is actually why I asked the question in the first place.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's the one place I wish they didn't use the DS4 speaker in that game. Also, even if there's a way to change that (which I'm not sure if there is), it still needs subtitles.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bbalpert said:

@nophilip said:

My thoughts exactly. This is actually why I asked the question in the first place.

On top of that, they're so faint. I presume they wanted to make them kinda ethereal and in the past, but for me, I just can't make out anything that's being said unless I crank the volume up to levels that are a bit uncomfortable for regular play. I end up just skipping them as a result.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

On top of that, they're so faint. I presume they wanted to make them kinda ethereal and in the past, but for me, I just can't make out anything that's being said unless I crank the volume up to levels that are a bit uncomfortable for regular play. I end up just skipping them as a result.

That's what I ended up doing as well. I played on PC (hooked up to my TV), and load times were short enough that I never got further than 10 seconds or so into one of the audiologs that by the time I found the remote to turn up volume, the game was ready to go.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Can't be very important if they stuck it in the loading screen

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@basm321: I dunno, I feel like this game is doing its best to give out its story in the least demanding way possible, i.e. in very short spurts and without going into great detail. If you're at all interested in the story or think you might be, you have to go out of your way to get any explanations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.