Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Sep 30, 2014

An open-world action-adventure game by Monolith, set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Question regarding pre-loading on PS4.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

So I pre-ordered this game on the ps4 store a couple of days ago. The countdown timer shows the date the game will be released as far as I can see but I can't find any information on when I can start to download the game. I don't have the fastest connection so I hope I atleast can start the download a couple of days early but every time I press the download button I just get a error message. I live in Europe btw so I get the game later than North America, but those anybody know when I can actually start to download the game? How many days in advance can I "pre-load" a game on PS4?

I guess the pre-load should happen automatically but I would still like to get some kind of info on when it starts. I can't believe they only write the official release date of the game and not when it's available for download.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

There's no set date but usually it lets you start the preload on Sunday.

EDIT: Oh you're in Europe... No clue. Maybe Wednesday.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they usually mention seperately whatever there's a pre-download available for a title. It might still appear, since the release's on friday, but at latest it'll doable on thursday-friday midnight.

Screw this being released in the US on tuesday already, though. Especially with the digital edition.

Lausebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually pre-ordered it through US PSN and it won't let me play the game, even if I'm logged in with my US account. That's kind of harsh, I guess they implemented some region protection thing, but they still let you buy stuff from the American store. Was excited to play it today, now I'm stuck with the quick look till Friday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.